TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Upgraded Interior Sale

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get on line and help with questions on the interior upgrades.

As you may have seen, we now have the Recaro seats as an option through SPP. They can be done as a stand alone option or part of a full upgrade package. If you want to do an older body style, we can do that as well and set them up with the electronics that work on your model year. Check out the orange SS we just converted. The seats themselves are now available and can be drop shipped to various locations.

Our web site was posted earlier, but if anyone needs it again, it is www.designerautoaccessories.com . On the site, you can see dozens of versions and color combinations we have done. However, if you don't see it, that does not mean we can't do it. For the Hertz option, we can do a gold stitch on black leather or black alcantara (suede) and it looks awesome.

For those asking about the Katzkin link, the product we offer through SPP is not a Katzkin product. Therefore, the configurator link mentioned will not have any relevance to our products.

On the question of the 10+ door inserts, absolutely! Some items, such as the door inserts may not yet be offered via Shelby but can be done.

The best way to see what we can or cannot do is to check out the website and then call at 949-305-7818 or email at gkdisney@cox.net.

There are 3 photos uploaded, one is the Recaro in the 07 Snake, the second is a Factory Recaro in a 20IMG_9938.jpgIMG_5142.JPGblack with red alcantara and silver stripe1.JPG12 and the third is out of my KR>

Give me a call any time.

Thanks

Gary

I do notice the one picture out of your KR is the best I have seen them installed, many have wrinkles, that tells me it is critical you get a great installer.

I love what you did with your KR Gary, that interior looks outstanding.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary

Do you do a carbon fibre console cover for a 2008 super snake it is listed in the a shelby 50th mag

Under options page 70 would like to see a pic of one and the price if possible

Thanks

Rob

Gee...what a difference in your tone gdisney. What I experienced was completely different. Now gdisney has ! an all happiness! lol...what a joke.

I wasn't going to respond until I saw this ridiculous fakeness. I couldn't hold my tongue.

When someone gets this install...you better inspect very carefully. My, "great installer", did a first class botch job. And at each turn, gdisney thought the installation looked.....great! lol.....man...what a difference in tone here.

Center console completely skewed. Had to send back the incredible installer twice to get that fixed. The incredible installer was even showing me how poorly it was installed on the underside of the console.

Logos on the rear seat completely tilted. gdisney thought they looked GREAT! But then said, oh, well, I guess the right one is a little tilted. Oh well! They'll get you straightened out...gotta' run....gdisney says.

Spent a little over an hour getting this greatness, "straightened out". With at each needed adjustment the incredible installer saying, "it looks good to me Steve". Driving my car off the lot would have been a disaster in future events with picky car people, at gdisney's expense. They would have looked at logos tilted all helter skelter and been like.....huh?

Service after the sale? Forget it. Expect attitude. Still have wrinkles with my rear seats. And does my KR interior upgrade look like gdisney's? lol...not even close. A couple weeks later cleaning the car, noticed the wrinkles in my rear seat. So I emailed gdisney asking his opinion of whether these wrinkles were something to be concerned with. My response was not was not a communication of his opinion. gdisney's response was we will happily fix your wrinkles, or return car to stock; at my wish. BUT.....and apparently with a complete botch install, there's a but.......BUT Steve, if you elect to have the interior fixed, you will have to sign a document saying that you were satisfiied with the install. And that he will be there, some VP of some sort will be there, and the chief installer will be there. Still don't know what that implies.

Ridiculous. The car will stay as it is. Wrinkles and all. I won't take another full day to get this fixed.

Make sure you check all alignments on delivery. Take pics beforehand if you see problems. gdisney never took ownership of any botched install and my suspicion is that with all the, "apparent", success of previous installs, and without myself having documented proof (pre fix pics), gdisney, rather than take ownership, by his attitude after the install, has elected to think that I was being picky. I don't know what he thinks. I'm conjecturing at this point because beyond thinking I was too picky, I don't know what he could possibly be thinking with this poor workmanship. Regardless of whatever he might be thinking with his lack of ownership, it isn't right until the customer says so. Which is ironic as I was the one saving him from himself from embarrassment.

Also, make sure they know how to properly pop your hood with hood pins. The incredible installer said that they would have to pop the hood to disconnect the battery to work on the seats with the airbags. Well, they popped the hood, but didn't use the hoodpins first. The hood was just left like that throughout the install. And the battery was never disconnected. Luckily, one of the office workers wanted to see the engine. I went to turn the hoodpins and they were extremely difficult to turn. Hood had been popped but not the hood pins. Asked the incredible installer and said about disconnecting the battery. Torqued the hoodpins to get them open and showed the office worker the engine.

Would have driven 50 miles home with hood only attached by hoodpins if it weren't for that office worker wanting to see the engine. Which would have probably been ok. But.....really? Thanks for that apology too, gdisney....not. And luckily nobody got hurt with the airbags being live. And I'm sure that carbon fiber hood would have liked being poked from the underside for 50 miles going over bumps, on the rare chance I got to get up to speed.

And if you get the shift boot done, make sure they re-install the shift knob correctly. Of course they made it LOOK like it was installed correctly with shift pattern level. It wasn't until I started driving down the road that the shift knob unscrewed in my hand. They had installed the spacer nut upside down. No problem, the 1 hour drive took 2 hours in traffic. I fixed it while stopped on the highway.

It's one thing to have a botched job and take ownership. It's a complete another to treat someone with disrespect and take no ownership. No apologies. No recognition. No anything. Just...we will fix it but you're going to have to sign this form saying satisfied. LIke I had done something wrong.

Everyone has a bad day. All installs cannot be 100% perfect initially everytime. But getting them to adjust the rear seat logos started to become a feeling of getting teeth pulled. It took about 9 adjustments with half the time, seats unvelcro'ed, re-velcro'ed, and no change in the logo positioning. But each time the incredible installer saying, "It looks good to me Steve!".

Paying that kind of money (full retail less 15%), you want to walk up to the car, open the door and POP! The interior perfect and the feeling of....man...that was expensive but worth it! You want to LOVE that interior! Instead I was...hmmm...that's not even close!

My big sticking point, beyond the botched install, gdisney's attitude after money was paid, which started long before the install. And continued after the botched install.

If I wouldn't have seen the all happy communications in this thread by gdisney, I wouldn't have responded. But seeing the night and day attitude got my blood boiling instantly.

If you get this done and they don't keep the car overnight (which they didn't want to do with me...saying they weren't setup for it), check for quality of installation. And take pics beforehand so it's not a he-said-she-said.

gdisney, your lack of real concern, your lack of apology, your lack of acknowledgment of how poorly this was done, made this where it is today. You could have handled it completely differently. But instead chose to be prideful and dismiss me. Personally, I wouldn't let your company touch my car now. That's just me, though. If the wrinkles that I asked your opinion on really start to bother me, I'll pay someone to redo the complete install. Someone I trust and someone that will believe in me as a customer.

This reply is to Rob regarding the carbon fiber console. rob, it depends on what part of the console you are referring. If you mean the rear lid part, then no, there is no carbon fiber cap for that as we wrap those in leather or alcantara. If you are referring to the forward part, then we do a hydro carbon of that part and the radio bezel area. Give me a call or e-mail and we can discuss further.

That's why I asked his opinion on the wrinkle. Too see if it was something to be concerned about. His response really set me off. I'll get some pics up.

I compared my install to the pics of gdisney's install on his car. No, they don't compare. My rear seat logos are now.....ok. Not perfect. But acceptable. The wrinkle, I wasn't sure of. Again, that's why I asked his opinion.

Gee...what a difference in your tone gdisney. What I experienced was completely different. Now gdisney has ! an all happiness! lol...what a joke.

I wasn't going to respond until I saw this ridiculous fakeness. I couldn't hold my tongue.

When someone gets this install...you better inspect very carefully. My, "great installer", did a first class botch job. And at each turn, gdisney thought the installation looked.....great! lol.....man...what a difference in tone here.

Center console completely skewed. Had to send back the incredible installer twice to get that fixed. The incredible installer was even showing me how poorly it was installed on the underside of the console.

Logos on the rear seat completely tilted. gdisney thought they looked GREAT! But then said, oh, well, I guess the right one is a little tilted. Oh well! They'll get you straightened out...gotta' run....gdisney says.

Spent a little over an hour getting this greatness, "straightened out". With at each needed adjustment the incredible installer saying, "it looks good to me Steve". Driving my car off the lot would have been a disaster in future events with picky car people, at gdisney's expense. They would have looked at logos tilted all helter skelter and been like.....huh?

Service after the sale? Forget it. Expect attitude. Still have wrinkles with my rear seats. And does my KR interior upgrade look like gdisney's? lol...not even close. A couple weeks later cleaning the car, noticed the wrinkles in my rear seat. So I emailed gdisney asking his opinion of whether these wrinkles were something to be concerned with. My response was not was not a communication of his opinion. gdisney's response was we will happily fix your wrinkles, or return car to stock; at my wish. BUT.....and apparently with a complete botch install, there's a but.......BUT Steve, if you elect to have the interior fixed, you will have to sign a document saying that you were satisfiied with the install. And that he will be there, some VP of some sort will be there, and the chief installer will be there. Still don't know what that implies.

Ridiculous. The car will stay as it is. Wrinkles and all. I won't take another full day to get this fixed.

Make sure you check all alignments on delivery. Take pics beforehand if you see problems. gdisney never took ownership of any botched install and my suspicion is that with all the, "apparent", success of previous installs, and without myself having documented proof (pre fix pics), gdisney, rather than take ownership, by his attitude after the install, has elected to think that I was being picky. I don't know what he thinks. I'm conjecturing at this point because beyond thinking I was too picky, I don't know what he could possibly be thinking with this poor workmanship. Regardless of whatever he might be thinking with his lack of ownership, it isn't right until the customer says so. Which is ironic as I was the one saving him from himself from embarrassment.

Also, make sure they know how to properly pop your hood with hood pins. The incredible installer said that they would have to pop the hood to disconnect the battery to work on the seats with the airbags. Well, they popped the hood, but didn't use the hoodpins first. The hood was just left like that throughout the install. And the battery was never disconnected. Luckily, one of the office workers wanted to see the engine. I went to turn the hoodpins and they were extremely difficult to turn. Hood had been popped but not the hood pins. Asked the incredible installer and said about disconnecting the battery. Torqued the hoodpins to get them open and showed the office worker the engine.

Would have driven 50 miles home with hood only attached by hoodpins if it weren't for that office worker wanting to see the engine. Which would have probably been ok. But.....really? Thanks for that apology too, gdisney....not. And luckily nobody got hurt with the airbags being live. And I'm sure that carbon fiber hood would have liked being poked from the underside for 50 miles going over bumps, on the rare chance I got to get up to speed.

And if you get the shift boot done, make sure they re-install the shift knob correctly. Of course they made it LOOK like it was installed correctly with shift pattern level. It wasn't until I started driving down the road that the shift knob unscrewed in my hand. They had installed the spacer nut upside down. No problem, the 1 hour drive took 2 hours in traffic. I fixed it while stopped on the highway.

It's one thing to have a botched job and take ownership. It's a complete another to treat someone with disrespect and take no ownership. No apologies. No recognition. No anything. Just...we will fix it but you're going to have to sign this form saying satisfied. LIke I had done something wrong.

Everyone has a bad day. All installs cannot be 100% perfect initially everytime. But getting them to adjust the rear seat logos started to become a feeling of getting teeth pulled. It took about 9 adjustments with half the time, seats unvelcro'ed, re-velcro'ed, and no change in the logo positioning. But each time the incredible installer saying, "It looks good to me Steve!".

Paying that kind of money (full retail less 15%), you want to walk up to the car, open the door and POP! The interior perfect and the feeling of....man...that was expensive but worth it! You want to LOVE that interior! Instead I was...hmmm...that's not even close!

My big sticking point, beyond the botched install, gdisney's attitude after money was paid, which started long before the install. And continued after the botched install.

If I wouldn't have seen the all happy communications in this thread by gdisney, I wouldn't have responded. But seeing the night and day attitude got my blood boiling instantly.

If you get this done and they don't keep the car overnight (which they didn't want to do with me...saying they weren't setup for it), check for quality of installation. And take pics beforehand so it's not a he-said-she-said.

gdisney, your lack of real concern, your lack of apology, your lack of acknowledgment of how poorly this was done, made this where it is today. You could have handled it completely differently. But instead chose to be prideful and dismiss me. Personally, I wouldn't let your company touch my car now. That's just me, though. If the wrinkles that I asked your opinion on really start to bother me, I'll pay someone to redo the complete install. Someone I trust and someone that will believe in me as a customer.

We are extremely sorry that you are not happy with your interior upgrade. Since 2009, we have only have one other problem and that was solved to the customers satisfaction. Shelby would be happy to try another install with new materials or offer you a complete refund.

I have personally spoken with Mr. Disney about this particular incident over the past several weeks (we've been following this) and informed my colleagues here about this situation.

We apologize that your experience has not been 100% positive and we'd like to make it right. We do not want unhappy customers.

Thank you Robert. I think it would have been more appropriate that gdisney take this ownership and tact from the beginning. For unknown reasons, he chose not to.

As I just emailed you, it is what it is. If the wrinkles rise to the level of bothering me, I'll pay someone to fix it.

Regards,

Steve

This reply is to Rob regarding the carbon fiber console. rob, it depends on what part of the console you are referring. If you mean the rear lid part, then no, there is no carbon fiber cap for that as we wrap those in leather or alcantara. If you are referring to the forward part, then we do a hydro carbon of that part and the radio bezel area. Give me a call or e-mail and we can discuss further.

My greatest concern is wrinkles, I want it to look factory, this is why I have not purchased this prior, years ago folks said they liked it, but it had wrinkles. I have never bought a factory car with wrinkles in the leather and I have had a dozen or more cars with leather.

Sounds like they will work with you until it is resolved based on Roberts post.

I agree carnut. Robert in pvt emails and here has been nothing but gracious. Unfortunately, I shouldn't have had to go to Robert in order to be received as a valued customer with valid concerns. It appears his hands are tied on being able to supply feedback on how this was handled. But he does graciously move forward. And that is fine.

Here is a pic of the wrinkle or, "bunching", as I termed it in my email of inquiry to gdisney. He did not respond with his opinion of whether it was a problem, only offered an ultimatum. Which flipped me out. I didn't like the concept of either we fix the interior and you sign off that you are satisfied, or we will remove it, refund, and re-install the original. gdisney's tone has been anything but amenable for some time.

In any event, anyone getting this done in the future has been warned to check the installation. To not assume that the installation was done correctly. And to take pics before corrections should there be any future he-said-she-said. To date, I am flummoxed by the whole thing. No apologies, no anything by gdisney. There was a thanks for my detailed feedback. But no apologies.

Steve

IMG_0935.jpg

Those wrinkles would bug me to death - sorry to hear of your issues and now not sure if I'm still upset or happy that no-one has bothered to reply to my earlier post in this thread as to whether or not a CS6 logo would be available....I guess us CS guys are not valued customers either.

I've always wondered, since the option is not listed, if you would make a set with the CS6 logo embroidered in place of the GT500, etc. one?

Sorry to have missed the question of the CS6 logo. When I was going through all the posts I overlooks this one. We would be glad to create the appropriate logo for your CS6 car. I see you are in Alberta Canada so the installer closest to you may be a ways. Not sure what large town you are near.

Again, I apologize for not replying to your question,

thanks much.

Attached are photos of the three leather swatches requested. Stone, silverleaf and silver. These are scanned in, if want the actual swatches, just drop me an e-mail with your address and I will mail them.

thanks

Gary

Actually, now that I see the differences, the silver looks really good - not metallic like I expected. Guess the real difference is the SHADE of gray!

Having figured that out, could one order a set in this color combination, (appears to be Charcoal with Silver inserts)?

http://designerautoa...06/DSC01924.jpg

With these design elements (Smooth inserts with central stripe)?

http://i44.tinypic.com/359ei3p.jpg

Sam

Actually, now that I see the differences, the silver looks really good - not metallic like I expected. Guess the real difference is the SHADE of gray!

Having figured that out, could one order a set in this color combination, (appears to be Charcoal with Silver inserts)?

Sam

No problem to combine both. The silver inserts on the black (its actually called dark charcoal black) with silver stitch, but laid out like the blue one with a black center stripe. Probably no horizontal stitch in the inserts would look best with the silver embroidery for the Shelby GT logo. What is your location, so we can see where the closest installer is.

If you'd prefer, we cna discuss further via e-mail or phone. email is gkdisney@cox.net

No problem to combine both. The silver inserts on the black (its actually called dark charcoal black) with silver stitch, but laid out like the blue one with a black center stripe. Probably no horizontal stitch in the inserts would look best with the silver embroidery for the Shelby GT logo. What is your location, so we can see where the closest installer is.

If you'd prefer, we cna discuss further via e-mail or phone. email is gkdisney@cox.net

I'm over on the East coast - near Jacksonville, Florida. Which begs the question, if a certified installer is not readily available, (i.e., within 300 miles), could a deal be worked out to use an installer of my choice and price adjusted accordingly?

Sam

Those wrinkles would bug me to death - sorry to hear of your issues and now not sure if I'm still upset or happy that no-one has bothered to reply to my earlier post in this thread as to whether or not a CS6 logo would be available....I guess us CS guys are not valued customers either.

I don't know if they bug me more because of gdisney's lack of ownership, or because of the wrinkles themselves. The other rear seat has the same. A little less, but the same concept.

Now gdisney runs around here like a nervous mother hen trying to gauge the fallout. Rather than step up in humble honesty of ownership gdisney, you partially quote others and completely ignore the camel's nose under the tent. The wrinkles are but yet another concrete example of your attitude. Played out right here.

My father always told me the measure of a person is not how they handle success; rather, it's how they handle failure. And man....have I had my share of epic failures. But I pick myself up, humble myself as I need to, freely admit I've done something wrong and apologize as necessary, wipe my runny nose off, and get back in the game. It's the only way I know how to treat myself and others.

Everything I have stated has been 100% accurate. And I've never heard anything to the contrary from gdisney. As if silence is a yardstick of superiority. A pie-in-the-sky tool to put yourself above the frey.

I'm long past reaching out privately for answers. This install didn't just happen last week. The install was in February.

Publicly: it's now publicly recommended that you inspect your car, carefully, on delivery. Don't assume. And the upside for gdisney is that he won't rely on past success in how he treats each client in the future. You run roughshod over someone and there is going to be fallout. gdisney, my guess is, will avoid that and behave more appropriately should there be any problems. Pride goeth before the fall.

Steve

I'm over on the East coast - near Jacksonville, Florida. Which begs the question, if a certified installer is not readily available, (i.e., within 300 miles), could a deal be worked out to use an installer of my choice and price adjusted accordingly?

Sam

We have an installer in Jacksonville, Fla. 904 Motorsports.

Sam

Sam

Looks like you and I are looking at exactly the same thing, I love the look of the blue, it is smooth and I like the stripe.

I am also leaning towards the silver, but like you I saw one picture that looked metallic and I did not like that.

Sam

Looks like you and I are looking at exactly the same thing, I love the look of the blue, it is smooth and I like the stripe.

I am also leaning towards the silver, but like you I saw one picture that looked metallic and I did not like that.

Now here's another wrench in the works! Was just looking at those Corbeau race seats in the SGT Forum - NOW I'm torn between upgrading the interior or getting those seats! Nuts!

At least the leather doesn't appear metallic/shiny - the identification stamping on those swatches was what I was thinking the leather was going to look like!

Sam

Now here's another wrench in the works! Was just looking at those Corbeau race seats in the SGT Forum - NOW I'm torn between upgrading the interior or getting those seats! Nuts!

At least the leather doesn't appear metallic/shiny - the identification stamping on those swatches was what I was thinking the leather was going to look like!

Sam

If it matters, we can always do the leather on the race seats and match the rear. Or, do just the front and add the rear seat delete that is coming out shortly.

Who knows, it's all fun!!

Gary

That pic which shows the wrinkles in the back seat... that would drive me nuts. :banghead:

No reason to have such ill-fitting seat covers. It seems to me that could be fixed? It should be.

Our KR's custom interior did not have wrinkles like that either front or back. Fit and finish is very good throughout.

If it had looked like the workmanship in the photo, I would have been severly disappointed myself.

I can also understand your unhappiness with the lack of procedure concerning the KR hood. It's always hood-pins first, then the driver's hood release. Not cool to have such an expensive piece not properly handled or secured. No excuse for that. Luckily nothing more came of that, so getting just the interior straight shouold not be a big deal.

SA should make this right for you Steve.

Well at least I'm getting some opinions about the rear seat(s) which is what I was seeking initially from gdisney. Also happy

to see nobody is trying to thrust a document in front of me in offering their opinion.

Archived