TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snow + Salt = Mods!

rpenna

I pulled her out of storage 2 weeks ago when the temperature hit 50-60 here. It had rained for a week so all the salt had been washed away. I enjoyed a couple days of driving, including one with the top down.

Well, it snowed again and they salted (again), so now she's stuck in the garage for another 2 weeks. I got impatient so I ordered the C&L intake + 93 octane tuner package from brenspeed. Hopefully I should see those this week.

I'm looking to go the same route as Ruf, with exhaust / cams / intake, etc eventually. Soooo, what do you guys think my next puchase should be? Preferably something bolt on, I'm feeling Bassani axlebacks. Help me spend some more money. :)

I pulled her out of storage 2 weeks ago when the temperature hit 50-60 here. It had rained for a week so all the salt had been washed away. I enjoyed a couple days of driving, including one with the top down.

Well, it snowed again and they salted (again), so now she's stuck in the garage for another 2 weeks. I got impatient so I ordered the C&L intake + 93 octane tuner package from brenspeed. Hopefully I should see those this week.

I'm looking to go the same route as Ruf, with exhaust / cams / intake, etc eventually. Soooo, what do you guys think my next puchase should be? Preferably something bolt on, I'm feeling Bassani axlebacks. Help me spend some more money. :)

I'm thrilled with the bassanis Ruf passed on to me!

Get them!

- Tony

How's the drone on the racers compared to the regular? I've been researching exhausts and I'm now paranoid about ticking the wife off when she drives it. I have a manual with the 3.55 gears. I like the sound of bassani's but am also looking at the frpp/borlas.

I haven't had any other aftermarket exhaust - so I can't compare noise levels while cruising.

If I have the windows up - there's just a slight hum.

I love them - your wife may not.

With no disrespect, I didn't ask my wife about what exhaust I should buy.

She don't like it - don't ride! It's my car.

By the way - she loves it! Especially up over 4,000.

I have the aggressive FRPP/Borlas and I love them. They do drone a little @ 1700 RPM but thats too low to worry about. They really "burble" when you get off the throttle and growl when you get on it. They have the Ford Racing logo embossed and I'm using that as a theme throughout the car. BTW the drone is more noticeable with the top up. You won't even notice it on normal acceleration.

Thanks for the info guys, I have some more time to ponder it since we just got another 6" of snow this morning.

Ruf, technically the car is "ours", since we both drive it as our third vehicle. She loves the car, so I meet her halfway on certain things. She did indulge my idea to get a 3rd car that only gets driven 6 months out of the year, so I'm willing to work with her on stuff. :)

CAI and Brenspeed 93 tune installed yesterday. Holy cow it's like driving a different car. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face when I'd punch it at 80 and be doing 100 in no time. I can't remember the last time going 100 felt so slow. :)

I was a little nervous the wife would not like the more aggressive response. Her words were, "I don't notice a difference." I said, Hmm, time for cams!

Bassani Race axle backs will be here Tuesday. :happy feet:

Archived