TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Shelby GT500 prices New and Used

Baylorguy

Hi everyone -

This is my first post, so please excuse any ignorance. I currently own a 2011 Mustang GT California Special, and love the car. Not going to lie though... I feel pulled to the new GT500, and would love to own one.

Right now it seems most are paying sticker or more... I have a budget of essentially up to 50K... I know I see very lightly used 2012 GT500s with options going for mid 40s, and it seems that is the trend.

My questions are...

A. Do you forsee an end of the year 2013 GT500 going for anywhere near 50K?

B. Would I be able to get a lightly used one (less than 2000 miles, prefereably less than 1000) for 50K or less?

Of course, I would always like to buy new, but I know there are those out there that legitimately take care of their car. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Phil

Hi everyone -

This is my first post, so please excuse any ignorance. I currently own a 2011 Mustang GT California Special, and love the car. Not going to lie though... I feel pulled to the new GT500, and would love to own one.

Right now it seems most are paying sticker or more... I have a budget of essentially up to 50K... I know I see very lightly used 2012 GT500s with options going for mid 40s, and it seems that is the trend.

My questions are...

A. Do you forsee an end of the year 2013 GT500 going for anywhere near 50K?

B. Would I be able to get a lightly used one (less than 2000 miles, prefereably less than 1000) for 50K or less?

Of course, I would always like to buy new, but I know there are those out there that legitimately take care of their car. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Phil

With the $2500 dealer cash on the GT500 you can get a new 12 for under $50k depending on what options you want.

You can still find some 2012 GT500's at some dealers, I would check around and price them. If you want to wait until the price comes down on the 2013 you will have to wait for at least until Nov. or Dec. For the price I would grab a 2012 if you only have around $50,000 to spend that will be well within your reach. When and if they discount the 2013 they will still be over $50,000. You can have a lot of fun with 550 hp

or a lot of a lot of fun with 650 hp. Never spend out of your range it will catch up to you one day. You know over time you can always add HP to the 2012 with out spending alot of money

If you're financing a car that is nearly new you're better off going for a new car as you'll get a much better interest rate that which coupled with the warranty will make up for the difference. It is only after the second year or so that buying used really starts to make sense IMO.

Ezerath....What you describe is exactly what I have ALWAYS experienced, until we just bought my wife a 2011 MINI Cooper S a month ago. Used, 15,000 miles on it. Bought it ironically at a Ford dealer, and we got 3.7% financing for 6 years on a *used* car. Borrowed $20,000. I was shocked. So, thinking out loud here....If you buy a "Certified Used Ford" don't you get a much better warranty added? We bought a used 1 year old Nissan certified and it gave us a 100,000 mile warranty. So, putting these two experiences together, I wonder if you could buy a 1 year old used GT500 and get a better "Ford Used Certified" warranty and still get good financing. Don't know, guys, just sharing a recent personal experience.

OP, Since the car has a base sticker of $55k, I think you can get close enough to $50k by the end of the year that you can do it. Lets be honest, another $2,000 isn't crap when your dropping that kind of coin. Start saving NOW to save up that extra little bit you might need. If you can't do it, then wait for the first used ones to arrive and then you will certainly be there. In my VERY humble opinion, the car is still a good buy at the base price, but when you add the fun options and it gets over $63,000, that has a pretty nasty sting to it. OUCH. Guys with 2010s are being offered $32,000 trade in? Yikes. Thats a beating I can't take. I might just be chillin and wait to catch one on the used market in a few years.

Archived