TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Instrument Cluster electrical -Need advise!

about 4 months ago, instrument cluster started acting up...speedo and tach quit working, following idot lites defaulted to on postion; TCS off, wrech, check engine, check battery. Fuel gauge still works, oil pressure ga still works and battery charge. Trip odo and mileage default to; check fuel cap, check charging system and a DTE 00000000 code.

Car runs fine and I use my SOS triple pod to monitor fuel pressure, water temp and boost. Use GPS for speedometer. Took car to local auto store to check for any codes and charging system. Battery and charging system are no problem.

Heard that Ford had some issues w/ instrument clusters going bad and found a company in Va., Southern Electronics who said they could fix it. Sent cluster off to them, they charged me $235 stating the rebuilt processor and all functions checked out ok. Put back in car and guess what, same defaults. Been on the phone w/ them and now they suspect a missing High Speed Can Bus and need for a BCM (body control module). Got a part number from them, 7R3Z128650AEC. Did some research and it all sounds Greek to me!

Now I am wondering if it could be something simple since the car runs fine. I have checked all fuses and grounds. So here is my question, could it be something as simple as reflashing the tune in this car. I am running the canned tune from Whipple 93 racing tune. It sounds like something in the computer is not communicating properly. If I do reflash, should I just reflash w/ the 93 tune or should I go back to the original tune, then flash w/ the 93 tune?

Going crazy trying to figure this mess out. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig

I had a similar issue last spring and it ended up being the number 8 fuse in the passenger side fuse box. Here is the link to my thread. http://www.allfordmu...ter-lights.html

Hope it helps.

thanks, but that was one of the first fuses I checked. Tested the fuse and it was good and even put a new one in just to be sure only to get the same results...like fishing for a needle in hay stack. Don't want to take it to a dealer and I don't trust them at all. Cg

SOS triple gauge on A pillar was installed same time car converted to SC and have worked flawlessly since installation which was July 2009. Have no reason to suspect them as they are a pretty simple hook up. I am going to check the bus connections this evening to make sure they are all not loose as I am begining to susupect a loose electrical connection somewhere....just a thought.

Archived