TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

sharon

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

Dear Friend of the Foundation,

We would like to thank you for your support of the Carroll Shelby Foundation. Unfortunately, due to his declining health over the past few months, Mr. Shelby is no longer able to participate in the autograph program. For that reason, and with tremendous regret, we must refund your item without an authentic signature. The Foundation will be offering an alternative option with an autopen Commemorative signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations. With the continued support of donors like you, his philanthropic vision will continue.

Below are the options for those that are waiting on Dash Plaques or other items.

1. You can get a complete Refund from Shelby Performance Parts on your order or

2. A special offer for those still waiting on dash plaque order. For the price of your dash plaque you can get the following

a. The only authorized Autopen Commemorative signature for your dash plaque. This will come with a certificate of Authenticity from the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

b. Remembering the Shelby Years Book from Foundation ( not signed)

c. One Shelby American 50th Anniversary Gift Bag from the Vegas Event ( first 50 people) or 75 dollar SPP Gift Card. ( these are not signed)

3. For those of you that ordered other items besides the dash plaques. You can get a full refund or we will refund you the signature price and still send out the items.

4. If you wish to still donate your signature price to their purchase to the Foundation please let SPP know when you call.

PLEASE CALL 702-405-3500

We will be contacting customer directly over the next few weeks.

Thanx for the update Sharon...

With all due respect to Mr. Shelby, based on his age, the inevitable has arrived.

Wishing Carroll, Cleo and their family all the best, and thanking them for all they have done with foundation and the Childrens Funds over the years :salute:

I know it saddens many, including myself, that this day has come. I do hope he will always know much we respect his work, both on and off the track. He has touched so many, in so many ways that there is no way there are enough words to convey the thanks he so much deserves.

I wish Mr.Shelby all the best and I hope we all can continue to contribute to his foundation in which I'm sure helps many. Sharon, is it possible to have a picture of said Autopen sig posted so others can see what it looks like. Way to step up and offer the other goods for the folks who have been waiting.

I wish Mr.Shelby all the best and I hope we all can continue to contribute to his foundation in which I'm sure helps many. Sharon, is it possible to have a picture of said Autopen sig posted so others can see what it looks like. Way to step up and offer the other goods for the folks who have been waiting.

I am working with Jenni to get a photo of the signature and a of the certificate. will post both as soon as I have them.

Thanks Sharron for letting us know. We knew this day would come but it still makes me sad. Prayers to Carroll and his family.

+1 on thanking them and the foundation for everything they have accomplished for the Children.

I am sure I am not the only one that never got a signature, but I wish I had a chance to shake his hand. My 65 is a tribute, and am now really proud to say that. To me, The Shelby brand represents what America is and allways will. I wish Mr. Shelby and his family the best. Some things happen for reason. Enjoy your time with your family and friends. We here at TS, as well as other believers, will continue to support your product. Your legacy, no matter what, will go on. I am still hoping to buy a car, or even a Shelby engine for my car in the future.

falcongtho3 said it very well:

I know it saddens many, including myself, that this day has come. I do hope he will always know much we respect his work, both on and off the track. He has touched so many, in so many ways that there is no way there are enough words to convey the thanks he so much deserves.

From the time I saw my first 427 Cobra at the age of 7, I knew Carroll Shelby was more than a visionary in the automotive world. He cared about his drivers and despised the way Enzo treated his. Mr. Shelby, you have not only had a tremendous impact on high performance automobile design but have always made the slogan "American Muscle" mean something throughout the world. This is a sad day but one that is completely understandable.You have done so much already, it's time to relax and be with your family. Take care of yourself and we wish you the best. All of us are very thankful for all you have done and both the world of racing and the world in general is a better place because of you.

From the time I saw my first 427 Cobra at the age of 7, I knew Carroll Shelby was more than a visionary in the automotive world. He cared about his drivers and despised the way Enzo treated his. Mr. Shelby, you have not only had a tremendous impact on high performance automobile design but have always made the slogan "American Muscle" mean something throughout the world. This is a sad day but one that is completely understandable.You have done so much already, it's time to relax and be with your family. Take care of yourself and we wish you the best. All of us are very thankful for all you have done and both the world of racing and the world in general is a better place because of you.

Nicely put. +1,000

It's time that Mr. Shelby takes care of himself now and that he slows down a bit to spend time with family.

He is still with his family and all the people that truly care for him, that is the most important thing.

AMEN.

I don't wander the forum much anymore...just stay close to the No Topic thread...but I had to chime in here.

Back in 2006 I was able to order a 2007 GT500 for list price. For me, the chance of a lifetime!! I did so, and in fact ordered a white/blue stripe coupe for heritage reasons.

'Heritage' reasons..... I don't think I need to say anymore...

Mr. Shelby, you sir are to be commended for all you've achieved in the automobile world and to be able to come back a 'second' time around and create such fervor for a new generation of folks, and to re-kindle that fervor for the older folks too...speaks volumes of the respect and admiration you command!

I too, feel like it's time you enjoy slowing down and staying close to family and hope all of us motorheads and admitted Shelby fanatics are able to respect your privacy while doing just that. :salute:

Thanks for all of the memories sir!

Be well...

I don't wander the forum much anymore...just stay close to the No Topic thread...but I had to chime in here.

Back in 2006 I was able to order a 2007 GT500 for list price. For me, the chance of a lifetime!! I did so, and in fact ordered a white/blue stripe coupe for heritage reasons.

'Heritage' reasons..... I don't think I need to say anymore...

Mr. Shelby, you sir are to be commended for all you've achieved in the automobile world and to be able to come back a 'second' time around and create such fervor for a new generation of folks, and to re-kindle that fervor for the older folks too...speaks volumes of the respect and admiration you command!

I too, feel like it's time you enjoy slowing down and staying close to family and hope all of us motorheads and admitted Shelby fanatics are able to respect your privacy while doing just that. :salute:

Thanks for all of the memories sir!

Be well...

+1 :salute:

I look at my mom, who's 89 and my father-in-law, who's 89 and marvel that Mr. Shelby does the things he does! Best wishes and prayers to him and his family!

Think about this for a second......

The "Average Life-span" of a Human is 72 or 73 years.

Shelby is 89 and had a heart transplant in '91, four years before he would'a been 72.....

Not to be crass but he's on borrowed time.

Make the best of it Shel,

Phill

Archived