TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American To Introduce It's Most Powerful Shelby At N.Y.

robertlane

SHELBY AMERICAN TO INTRODUCE ITS MOST POWERFUL SHELBY YET AT NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

73991.jpg

Team Shelby Shelby American, Inc., a division of Carroll Shelby International (CSBI.PK), will introduce its most powerful Shelby yet on April 5, 2012, at the New York International Auto Show. Carroll Shelby and his team created the Shelby 1000 by starting with a 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 and kicking its handling, horsepower and braking to the performance edge.

The Shelby 1000 will be offered in both a street and a Shelby 1000 S/C “off-road” track version. The street legal, pump gas version dyno’s out at approximately 950 HP, while the track oriented S/C edition is rated at over 1,100 HP.

“Carroll Shelby is a visionary who has pushed the boundaries of performance his entire life,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “He challenged the Shelby American team to develop the Shelby 1000 and wanted to unveil this amazing new Shelby at the New York Auto Show celebrating 50 years since he unveiled the very first Shelby Cobra that changed the face of high performance. We will have that very car, Cobra #1 (CSX2000) along with Shelby 1000 on display in our Shelby American booth in New York.”

To build the car that Carroll Shelby envisioned, Shelby American takes Ford’s 5.4 liter V8 down to the block to add new rods, crank and pistons. The team flows the heads, upgrades the cooling and exhaust, replaces the supercharger, tunes it and then sprinkles it with a little Shelby magic.

To complement the new power, the Shelby 1000 has improved the handling and stopping capabilities with 6 pistons in front and 4 pistons in the rear, while the suspension includes new struts, sway bars and bushings. The new solid driveshaft is connected to a new 9-inch rear end. Exterior cues incorporate aerodynamics while maintaining a stealthy appearance. The hood, rear panel and splitter are functional pieces.

A limited production of Shelby 1000s will be built, each numbered and documented. The post-title street package for the Shelby 1000 starts at $149,995 and the track S/C version starts at $154,995, not including the base GT500. A completed Shelby 1000 is expected to be approximately $200,000.

Shelby American will accept orders once the Shelby 1000 is unveiled at the New York International Auto Show. Those interested in reserving a car can contact Shelby American at (702) 942-7325 or visit www.shelbyamerican.com after April 5, 2012.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company offers the Shelby 1000, GT350, GT500 Super Snake and GTS post-title packages for the current generation Ford Mustang. For more information, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

Honey, we're selling the house and movin into a Mustang! Actually, I'm not sticker shocked at all. You can buy a non street legal Cobra Jet or Boss302R for over $100K with half the horse power, or close. This car is street legal with all the fixin's, and will murder those cars in both aspects and have some sort of warranty. This is what Carroll's been asking of for a few years now. And now he has it. This is it, the big one, the best of all the rest. I seriously doubt that anything this big will be done again. Even if they only make a few, I would think that this will be a success. In my eyes, this is the culmination of everything that Carroll has wanted in a car. I say bravo!! Amazing! :happy feet: :drop::rockon:

$200,000.00 for a Mustang? That's a hard sell. I'm sure a few folks will step up but thats an awfull lot of money for what is after all, a Mustang. Sorry to say, but at that price I'd be driving a Ferrari. A red one a that.

$200,000.00 for a Mustang? That's a hard sell. I'm sure a few folks will step up but thats an awfull lot of money for what is after all, a Mustang. Sorry to say, but at that price I'd be driving a Ferrari. A red one a that.

But wouldn't you love to pull up along side a red Ferrari in this thing and blow it all the way back to italy????

"OH SH!T"

- 2012 Camaro ZL1

Wow now your old enough to swear I remember a few years ago you were offended by a girl in a bikini that someone put into one of your threads.....lol

Just giving you a hard time.... and also just curious to what grade you are in now? I would guess 11th grade

I might be more tempted to add a nice Ford GT to my garage and pocket some change, but since neither is going to happen it really doesn't matter!

But wouldn't you love to pull up along side a red Ferrari in this thing and blow it all the way back to italy????

I want to see how they plan to make that power usable. With cars like this, that is the trick, isn't it?

Jim

Yeah, maybe until the first turn at the end of the straight, but not likely after that.

Saw the car, got a snick up close look at the bash as it was still not finished, it is very beefy under neath for all that HP!

Go Shelby

Wow now your old enough to swear I remember a few years ago you were offended by a girl in a bikini that someone put into one of your threads.....lol

Just giving you a hard time.... and also just curious to what grade you are in now? I would guess 11th grade

Very funny, that was 4 years ago. Man has times change I'm a senior now. That means a few more years until I decide get my Shelby.

and also girls and bikinis are the new craze now! College, forget it! :hysterical:

Archived