TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Shelby 1000 and 1000 S/C First Look

robertlane

For those thinking it's $ 200K plus the Shelby, it's not quite that bad. ;)

From the link in the lead post of this thread.

With such limited production numbers, the Shelby 1000 will cost you. If you already own a 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 and would like to get it converted to Shelby 1000 spec, it'll set you back $149,995. If you'd like Shelby to supply the GT500, expect to pay at least $200,000, depending on options.

Yeah you have no idea how hard it was for me to not sneak over to that car and lift the cover to see what it was.

I just didn't want to get tackled by John Luft

The car under the cover was not a Shelby 1,000.

Sorry guys...but I really have to say..enough is enough...

$200K + the cost of the car...are you kidding me....I don't care what this vehicle offers for almost $300 K it's a freakin Mustang..

From 2006 when the CS6 was the newest Shelby offering in 40 years to the Hertz, to the Shelby Gt, to the Terilingua to the limited production GT500 to all the other attempts to get us to write a cheque....we all bought, we all paid huge money, we all expected something more than I guess we should have..

Year after year after year..release after release after release....so after all out patronage..there is now the limited production $300,000.00 version Shelby....FACK....

I`m sorry to all ..but I`ve been a Shelby fan and enthusiast since I was a kid but this new bout of Shelbyism seems far more about filling the coffers than anything else .

Rant over.....Go ahead...flog away.....

BTW...I want to officially be first on the list to order the hood....unless it is one of those $10,000.00 + KR hoods...then I`ll have to pass

+1 & nuff said. Thats all folks.

PS: I know they are coming out with a new Shelby body kit, I just thought it might be on this car. Can't wait to see it!

EDITED:

I hoping that the car shown is not the final product. In particular the shelby 1000 logo, placement, and treatments. The gradient 1000 and SHELBY spaced within looks pretty low budget and sophomoric in it's execution. There seems to be more than just a deliberate "lack of styling". The little that IS there looks unfinished and cheap IMO.

The Vehicle itself sounds amazing from a performance perspective. A monster in fact! Just wished there were more care taken to the styling to match the performance and price. Looks wise this great snake is coming up short.

I hoping that the car shown is not the final product. In particular the shelby 1000 logo, placement, and treatments. The gradient 1000 and SHELBY spaced within looks pretty low budget and sophomoric in it's execution. There seems to be more than just a deliberate "lack of styling". The little that IS there looks unfinished and cheap IMO.

The Vehicle itself sounds amazing from a performance perspective. A monster in fact! Just wished there were more care taken to the styling to match the performance and price. Looks wise this great snake is coming up short.

If they don't have to do anything but add approximately 350 HP to a new 650 HP GT500 and get $150K over MSRP and $100K profit.....they'll do it. I am a Shelby Mustang lover but I write these posts just to keep them on there toes and to let people know how others feel. Like it or not. The need to put another GT350 body kit together for this type of car, it just can't be supersnake take off's, IMO.

If they don't have to do anything but add approximately 350 HP to a new 650 HP GT500 and get $150K over MSRP and $100K profit.....they'll do it. I am a Shelby Mustang lover but I write these posts just to keep them on there toes and to let people know how others feel. Like it or not. The need to put another GT350 body kit together for this type of car, it just can't be supersnake take off's, IMO.

But it's not based on the new 5.8 650hp motor. It's based on the 2011-2012 5.4. Talk to anybody building that kind of HP and find out what it costs. Not just temporary power for a race, but long lasting power in a steet car. Let me know who does this for less money. Not trying to be argumentative, but have to start with the right facts and then be realistic about the work it takes to build that kind of power. There's probably only a handful of guys on here that can or have, and that's not meant to be long lasting power that you can start up and drive every day.

The Shelby 1000 in a 2013 or 2012 with 350-450 hp gain and a $150K price tag, it should have a new body kit at least. I too am not being argumentive :) but I think SA has got to the point where they "think" they don't need to add a new body kit for their special cars sans GT350 & SS and they sell. I also know it takes a lot of work for that type of HP but then again that is what they do right? So for $150K they NEED to have a body kit that does not have SS take offs. IMO

• 4 weeks later...

Archived