TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Shelby 1000 and 1000 S/C First Look

robertlane

2012 Shelby 1000 and 1000 S/C First Look

Shelby's 50th Anniversary Present Packs a 950 Horsepower Punch

73989.jpg

Ever since Carroll Shelby's first Cobra roared onto the scene at the 1962 New York auto show, Shelby has built a countless number of awe-inspiring cars including the Daytona Coupe, 427 Cobra, and the original GT350 and GT500 Mustangs. In celebration of all those fantastic cars, Shelby American has cooked up the most powerful Mustang it's ever built: the 950-horsepower Shelby 1000 and its track-only sibling, the 1100-horsepower Shelby 1000 S/C. And you thought the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 had too much power.

Carroll Shelby and his team dreamed up the Shelby 1000 as a follow-up to the 800-hp Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Under Shelby’s direct oversight, the engineers got to work on the Shelby 1000, executing a street car that packs an impressive 950 supercharged horsepower from a 5.4-liter V-8.

No, that’s not a typo. The Shelby 1000's engine displaces “only” 5.4 liters, because it's based off the 550-hp and 510 lb-ft of torque 2012 Ford Shelby GT500. The recently unveiled 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 packs 650 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque under the hood from a supercharged 5.8-liter V-8.

READ MORE HERE

I would assume it was also the car that was under the cover. Although I asked Jenni if it was a Mustang that was under the cover and she said NO.....I am sure she was buffaloing me.

Very cool. I am sure the drag racers will be crazy happy.

I'm still looking for a non-street road course racer from Shelby.....similiar to the Nascar car we saw at the Bash

I'd say so, but who cares...still fun to look it.

The rears show no compression as well

Its a bad photoshop but I agree, who cares. Looks cool!

I've considered doing the same at the crest of a hill using jack stands to give the appearance of the SGT jumping. Apparently a few did this for real at Spring Mountain a little over a week ago.

enough already.....I WONDER WHAT COMPLAINTS PEOPLE WILL FIND WITH THESE VERSIONS...IF I COULD AFFORD ONE OF THESE AND I COMPLAINED ABOUT ANYTHING ....I WOULD HAND MY WIFE THE GUN....SURE IS A BEAUTY.......

Sorry guys...but I really have to say..enough is enough...

$200K + the cost of the car...are you kidding me....I don't care what this vehicle offers for almost $300 K it's a freakin Mustang..

From 2006 when the CS6 was the newest Shelby offering in 40 years to the Hertz, to the Shelby Gt, to the Terilingua to the limited production GT500 to all the other attempts to get us to write a cheque....we all bought, we all paid huge money, we all expected something more than I guess we should have..

Year after year after year..release after release after release....so after all out patronage..there is now the limited production $300,000.00 version Shelby....FACK....

I`m sorry to all ..but I`ve been a Shelby fan and enthusiast since I was a kid but this new bout of Shelbyism seems far more about filling the coffers than anything else .

Rant over.....Go ahead...flog away.....

BTW...I want to officially be first on the list to order the hood....unless it is one of those $10,000.00 + KR hoods...then I`ll have to pass

Sorry guys...but I really have to say..enough is enough...

$200K + the cost of the car...are you kidding me....I don't care what this vehicle offers for almost $300 K it's a freakin Mustang..

From 2006 when the CS6 was the newest Shelby offering in 40 years to the Hertz, to the Shelby Gt, to the Terilingua to the limited production GT500 to all the other attempts to get us to write a cheque....we all bought, we all paid huge money, we all expected something more than I guess we should have..

Year after year after year..release after release after release....so after all out patronage..there is now the limited production $300,000.00 version Shelby....FACK....

I`m sorry to all ..but I`ve been a Shelby fan and enthusiast since I was a kid but this new bout of Shelbyism seems far more about filling the coffers than anything else .

Rant over.....Go ahead...flog away.....

I agree. The name alone makes me wonder? I guess we should be Happy and after we wish we had a Shelby 1000 we can wish we had a Shelby 1250 for 2013 :happy feet:

I would assume it was also the car that was under the cover. Although I asked Jenni if it was a Mustang that was under the cover and she said NO.....I am sure she was buffaloing me.

Very cool. I am sure the drag racers will be crazy happy.

I'm still looking for a non-street road course racer from Shelby.....similiar to the Nascar car we saw at the Bash

Jenni was telling you the truth. It represented the car you see here. No chances taken that one of us might lift that skirt

'Heads should roll'..... Get over it.

I'll say it again; if anyone looked at the photos beyond a passing glance would have never assumed they were real. It's a bad photoshop. I would hope that if Shelby was really trying to pull one over on us they would have put a little more effort into it.

Why hasn't Nissan been called out for it's Frontier commercials where they have the truck survive an avalanche?

This is not a new photo trick. Enthusiast magazines have been doing this for years. Who 'really' cares?

Must have been a slow news cycle for USA Today.

'Heads should roll'..... Get over it.

I'll say it again; if anyone looked at the photos beyond a passing glance would have never assumed they were real. It's a bad photoshop. I would hope that if Shelby was really trying to pull one over on us they would have put a little more effort into it.

Why hasn't Nissan been called out for it's Frontier commercials where they have the truck survive an avalanche?

This is not a new photo trick. Enthusiast magazines have been doing this for years. Who 'really' cares?

Must have been a slow news cycle for USA Today.

Guess we see this differently. IMO credibility and integrity are critical. The fact that senior mgmt blamed the photographer and tried to distance themselves is joke.

Guess we see this differently. IMO credibility and integrity are critical. The fact that senior mgmt blamed the photographer and tried to distance themselves is joke.

If, and that's a really BIG 'if', Shelby American was attempting to deceive the masses with this photo I completely agree with you. My point is that photos are manipulated all the time in advertising to convey an emotion, or an idea, or simply to entice buyers. The automotive industry spends millions each year doing so. Anyone would have a very difficult time finding an advertising photo that has not be changed in some manner.

To call out Shelby American for something that is so common and wide spread is rediculous in my opinion.

If Shelby American is guilty of anything its for doing a poor job of maniplulating the photos.

As for Sr. Management casting blame, the USA Today article I read quoted gentlemen (who is a terrific guy) who works for a PR Firm highered by Shelby American, it did not quote any Sr. Management that I can recall. As for Scott's response of 'beyond embarrassed' could have been referance to his early statement statement being incorrect and not that the photo was fake. Clearly I'm making assumptions to Scott's reaction. But then most seems quick to assume Shelby American was trying to pull a fast one.

I try to remeber that there is always more to any story than the media portrays, and that they have advertising to sell.

As others have said, don't take media photos so seriously. I think this was meant to be a fun whimsical image. With 1000 hp a set of street drag tires could acheive the same effect, if not more ground clearance on the front tires. I don't understand why everything is srcutinized so extreme these days. There are far more issues in the world to be of concern than a "tweaked photo".

It's just an amazing concept car and Carroll's ultimate dream for the Shelby Mustang. If a handful sell to the rich and famous (or not so famous) that would be great. I consider this the ultimate PR vehicle for Shelby. It's a continuing effort to keep the brand in the spotlight and steal thunder from any compititors. I'm not sure it will help sell any more GT500, but with 650 HP the '13s should not need much help.

Jenni was telling you the truth. It represented the car you see here. No chances taken that one of us might lift that skirt

Yeah you have no idea how hard it was for me to not sneak over to that car and lift the cover to see what it was.

I just didn't want to get tackled by John Luft

Archived