TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Certificates

Not sure if this has been discussed

From Ford:

In other club news, Ford Racing is launching a new "Certificate of Authenticity" program for all 2012 model-year Shelby GT500 Mustangs. Owners can now contact the Ford Performance Info Center either by phone (1-800-FORD-788) or online) to order the GT500 Certificate Package, which includes a Welcome Letter, Official Ford Certificate of Authenticity (with Edsel Ford II and Carroll Shelby stamped signature), owner-specific VIN build data, plus a full Production Data Sheet including Color, Trim and Options breakdown. All you need is your VIN and a valid credit card. Cost is $45, but members of clubs in the Ford Performance Group of enthusiast organizations get a 15% discount on certificates and other "Cool Stuff," so order today!

Yea there are a couple of topics on this certificate, its for 2007 and up GT500's. I posted what the certificate looks like for the 2010 and up look like. 2007-2009 are slightly different. Check out my gallery for the two different types of certificates I got, one from Shelby and one from Ford.

Which one is this? http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/gallery/image/7537-ford-shelby-gt500-fpg-and-svt-certification-vin-certificate/

I like how it says you #6 out of and so on. Which one do you like better the ford or the Carroll?

Yea there are a couple of topics on this certificate, its for 2007 and up GT500's. I posted what the certificate looks like for the 2010 and up look like. 2007-2009 are slightly different. Check out my gallery for the two different types of certificates I got, one from Shelby and one from Ford.

I like both certificates for different reasons. The Shelby certificate shows my car is registered with Shelby America and it has Carroll Shelby's real signature. I like the Ford since it give the breakdown on when it was built and what number , etc... The signatures are a copy / litho. The both look good, use quality paper. Sorry if you wanted a choice of one only. You can look at this way, 45 for the Ford cert and 19.99 for the Shelby cert, more documentation on your car. Doesn't hurt may increase you asking price 25 - 40 yrs from now.

I like both certificates for different reasons. The Shelby certificate shows my car is registered with Shelby America and it has Carroll Shelby's real signature. I like the Ford since it give the breakdown on when it was built and what number , etc... The signatures are a copy / litho. The both look good, use quality paper. Sorry if you wanted a choice of one only. You can look at this way, 45 for the Ford cert and 19.99 for the Shelby cert, more documentation on your car. Doesn't hurt may increase you asking price 25 - 40 yrs from now.

This was what I did.....I ordered both!! Thanks

I have seen both but dont recall. Do either tell you how many cars optioned EXACTLY like your car? For example, 15 out of 1000 race red, SVTPP, elec pkg, recarro, glass roof cars. I would be curious how many other cars are exactly like mine and what percent it is of the total GT500's in 2012 built.

Archived