TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New pics - after paintwork

UK PONY

My baby finally came out of paint last weekend, thought I'd share some new pics;

Side stripes are now painted on rather than decals;

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

Since all the emblems came off for paint I took the opportunity to change the lettering from chrome to satin and swapped the faux gas cap for a FR500 one I had lying around.....it's yet to be seen how the local plod will react to my painters touch to the third brake light;

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Finally I never could get used to the billet fuel filler door so a decision was made to change it up a little;

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Well that's it for now folkks :)

Hey, now that is looking great! Glad it's finally back home and finished to your expectations.

I see you painted the LeMans stripes as well as the sides. That should help keep them protected from any fading or other vinyl issues. They look great! The painted gas cap is a nice alternative to the billit finish. Personally I'm not a fan of the billet finish as it stands out to much from the body color and breaks up the side too much. The painted third brake light could be a problem for Mr. Policeman or some of the distracted drivers out there. I'm not sure on that one. I still love that color...very, very nice!

Thanks for the nice comments guys - the gas door is growing on me this way, it did break up the body colour too much before. The lemans stripes have always been painted on but the sides were decals and in a couple of spots were wanting to peel back (in the sharp sections of the lettering).

Next to come are the brake ducts and hood struts :)

That looks incredible. I am looking for those exact rims (replicas for an '03 v6), but the smallest I have found are 17" you wouldn't happen to know where I'd see those in gunmetal exactly like yours but 16"?

Once again, that is an incredible Mustang.

Thanks guys - I love the Sonic Blue too :)

I have seen 16" Razors though they do not have the "Shelby" on the spoke - check on Tirerack.com.....personally I'd put 18's on a new edge car.

I have checked a lot of places; I want those specifically, but the smallest I have found is 17". I Don't want 18" just as personal preference for this car, but I 17" I can live with; just have to wait till I need new tires.

Any chance theres a 16" Shelby razor version?

Nope, anything under the 18" doesn't have the Shelby lettering on the spoke - you could always track down a set of the centre caps.

• 3 months later...

Noticed the pics had disappeared - think I re-organised my photobucket albums....reposting pics;

Gas cap before paint,

321075_10150795415920150_832950149_20929471_1972423672_n.jpg

after,

014-1.jpg

Door stripes before,

20110905_6.jpg

after,

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

Third brake light before,

IMG_0068.jpg