TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Message from Jamal

svttim

"I think" the reason for the 285's is because rail cars Ford uses for transport have angle iron guides to keep the cars centered during transport. The guides might be too far apart to accommodate wider tires than a 285.

The ZO6 Corvette with the wide tires is transported by truck from the factory.

I could be wrong but I can't think of any other reason. :shrug:

If you don't like the stock tires then change them?? if you're spending 65k on a car a set of michelin super sport tires (315/35/20) are not going to kill you! I already bought a set of HRE 3 piece wheels and a set of michelins to put on my 11" rears!! I'll have my 2013 svt wheels and tires on ebay the day it arrives on my lot! lol!

Just dont see how the 285 G2's are going to hold onto the extra 100hp when they are having a hard time with 550 HP..

Less torque to the wheels in 1st with the added 100HP due to lower gearing.

285s are fine for the 2013....now the 2011-2012 is a different story.

If you don't like the stock tires then change them?? if you're spending 65k on a car a set of michelin super sport tires (315/35/20) are not going to kill you! I already bought a set of HRE 3 piece wheels and a set of michelins to put on my 11" rears!! I'll have my 2013 svt wheels and tires on ebay the day it arrives on my lot! lol!

Seriously thinking about it. Looking at the Michelin Super Sports. I am considering two options:

(1) Mount Mich SS 275/40R19 and 295/35R20 on the existing SVTPP rims, or

(2) Forgestar F14s with Mich SS 315/35R20's on the rear.

I would definately be interested in hearing how the 315/35's work out for you.

Thats my point...You spend 65k plus on a car why should you have to pay more to go to wider (better looking) tires on this car.

Archived