TEAM SHELBY FORUM

St. Louis area Shelby club/shows?

blk12svt

I originally posted the following last year on another forum (before I knew this forum existed) but didn't get a single response so I thought I would try here as I would like to know about any Southern Illinois/St.Louis area Shelby action if there is any.

"Last Saturday, Oct 8th., about 2pm, I was headed was headed West on I-64 toward St. Louis when I met 5-6 late model Shelbys headed East. This occured about 40 miles East of St.Lou. Was there a show somewhere? St.Lou guys on a cruise?"

Hey Blk12SVT,

I reside here in the STL and the only show I know this is coming up is Shelbyfest in April. It will be my first Shelbyfest, so I am pretty stoked. I am hoping to get supercharger installed by then!

Thanks

TNTChris

Thanks for the tips. I plan to make the Mid-America show in Tulsa but will have to wait till '13 to make the Shelbyfest in Hermann since my son is getting married the week before. I remember reading about the Shelbyfest in Mustang Monthly a couple of years ago and sounds like a good one. Thanks

blk12svt,

I am the vendor manager for Shelbyfest and I live in the Hermann area. I'll be in Tulsa again this year. As for the St. Louis area Shelby only clubs, I don't think there are any. The closest you can get is a couple of local Mustang clubs. The Mustang Club of St. Louis is one and I think St. Louis Mustang club is the other. The local forum for St. Louis is STLMustangs.com. I am on that forum as well with the same name. I also go to a few local shows.

Greg

Hi! The Show-Me Mustang Club serves the entire St. Louis region & is the exclusive regional charter group for the Mustang Club of America in St. Louis. We were founded in 1986 & have approx. 100 household memberships. We have quite a few Shelbys in the club including some Super Snakes. Our club participates every year in ShelbyFest in Hermann, MO & caravans there as a group.

We host an annual All Ford Show which will be September 15th this year. We have monthly meetings, do charity events, cruises, meet for dinners/ice cream/etc. When Gateway was open a group hit a lot of the Tuesday nite Test N Tunes. We have a dyno day coming up in May. We have a great website, monthly newsletter, free classifieds for members.

Check out www.showmemustang.com

Mitch

Thanks Mitch for posting. If the All Ford show is at McDonnel park, I usually go there every year. Moving it to September is good idea since it is usually so hot with the old date. I hope that you and your club can come out on September 9th to Hermann for our Car Show in the Park put on by the River City Cruisers.

Thanks for the info. I live near Mt.Vernon (75 miles east) but spend alot of time in St.Louis. Our doctors are there, shopping, good places to eat. Wife flys a lot with her job and she can't pass a Dillards without stopping... Were it not for my grandson I would live there. Thanks and hope to make some shows soon.

miscgunsshelby003.jpg

The Show-Me Mustang club show will be at Bommarito Ford in Hazelwood this year. Right at 270 and Lindbergh. Sept. 15th. This will be a judged show vs. the usual poplar choice. 2 late model Shelby classes, one vintage Shelby class. Go to www.showmemustang.com for more info. We will be traveling as a club to Shelbyfest. Mitch

It will be good to see you there. If you have flyers, we can place them in our goodie bags to help you get the word out. PM me and I'll give you a ship to address or if someone can meet me around the Riverport area with the flyers.

Archived