TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Temp

Has anyone here have driven there shelby gt with the engine temp below 180 even after warming car up???

I mentioned before after install new intake and 180 thermostat my car would fall on it's face and go into a limp mode. The check engine light states O2 sensor reading to cold or to hot. My engine temp was under 180 like 175ish. I changed the temp when fans turn on to a higher # to bring temp up over 180 and no problems after that change. When problem happened I was into and over a 20min drive

Curious, was it over heating before you intalled the T-Stat? If not, why did you intsall a lower temp T-Stat? Have you seen and felt a performance gain by running at a lower temp?

This is one mod I've never understood.

Curious, was it over heating before you intalled the T-Stat? If not, why did you intsall a lower temp T-Stat? Have you seen and felt a performance gain by running at a lower temp?

This is one mod I've never understood.

A cooler running engine keeps the engine from become heat soaked then from there everything else feels the effect from it. If a engine runs to cool it will run to rich fouling or causing performance problems. More so if you run a carb and run to cool it will end up without a doubt foul your plugs and bad gas miles. I did the 180 for the summer but my car wasn't hitting 180 and my shelby would fall on its face and give a code of an O2 sensor to rich or to lean. But since make my fans come on at 190 no code or anymore problems.

No idea I will look at the Whipple parts list and let you know asap. After the Whipple install I could really see a difference on the guage that seems pretty radical to me, but car has NEVER overheated even in the desert running high revs.

I have never over heated and before the thermostat changed from stock to 180. My car ran at 192 with the fans coming on early which was change with the SCT. But my problem statrted after the new manifold install with the new T-stat so it has to be one or the other. I did not upgrade my tune with the manifold. But since adjusting the fans to come on later the engine hasn't had a problem and engine temp hit one 185.

But will get Bama to do new tune for me also and take it from there

Archived