TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Bash top speed at the track

Torch40

What was the top speed you guys had on the track? My best was just touching 130 on the back straight before I chickened out and hit the brakes. :peelout:

In my 40th.....................120.

In Ricks GTX1................I ain't saying but it was well north of 130.

On the Poker Run.........140.

In my 40th.....................120.

In Ricks GTX1................I ain't saying but it was well north of 130.

On the Poker Run.........140.

What were you driving on the poker run?

Jim

The rental V6 hit the speed limiter at 121 right at the #5 sign for the brake zone. I thought that was amazingly respectable if not down right impressive. I was truely blown away how well the V6 Auto handled the course. Previous rentals I have had hit the limiter at 115, but this one went better than that interestingly. With these shorter tires than stock the true speed was probably around 117.

100_0323-1.jpg

My 40th. I was trying to keep up with Gregg...............it took 140 to do so. :salute:

Blame Esther! As soon as we turned down Tecopa Rd, the first words I hear coming from the Passenger Seat - "Open her up..."

Followed soon by "Is it my turn to drive?"

Not sure I was more consurned with running consistent lap times- best was 3 minutes flat on street tires

Braking and corner speed is sooo much more important then straight away speed, watch my video if you have any doubts :)

Poor me with only 310HP- NOT!!!!

---------------------------------------

150 in the KR, :rockon: but not saying where or when on the advice of my attorney... :hysterical:

As ED M. would say "You are CORRECT SIR !!!!!" I remember running more top speed somewhere else other then at the track

Me in the GTX1=150. Dan in the X1=warp speed...

The GTX1 is an amazing machine. Break neck speeds on the straight with crazy fast and smooth cornering is what really impressed the heck out of me. Add that with looks that can kill and you get one amazing Supercar.

At the track, I hit 130 with room to spare on half a dozen occassions on the back straight. Mostly I took it to 120 or so and worked on trying to find the best entry into the next set of turns. While straight line speed is a blast, working the turns is where it's at when tracking the car.

At the track, I hit 130 with room to spare on half a dozen occassions on the back straight. Mostly I took it to 120 or so and worked on trying to find the best entry into the next set of turns. While straight line speed is a blast, working the turns is where it's at when tracking the car.

:yup:

The Heritage GT will go 127MPH in 3rd before redline, I went into 4th and hit 142. It's all how you hit that corner coming into the straight and how much speed you can steal around that corner and then how big your balls are coming 140MPH+ into a 90 degree right hander. Good times!!!!!!!

Archived