TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for those with the Crimson Inserts.

Joker45

For those of you that have the Crimson insets on the interior of your GT500, how do you like them and any regrets over getting them? I'm still working on my deal to get one ordered the way I want it for the '08 model and want some owners opinions that have them. I have not seen them in person and can't make up my mind right now. I'm pretty sure I want them, just looking for some opinions. Thanks..

I have the torch red with performance white stripes and the interior upgrade with crimson red inserts. The first comment people make when they see the interior is how good it looks. Personally, I am very pleased with this choice. If I had another color combo, I wouldn't be as certain in the decision.

For those of you that have the Crimson insets on the interior of your GT500, how do you like them and any regrets over getting them? I'm still working on my deal to get one ordered the way I want it for the '08 model and want some owners opinions that have them. I have not seen them in person and can't make up my mind right now. I'm pretty sure I want them, just looking for some opinions. Thanks..

Hi Joker45.

I have an Alloy Shelby without the Lemans stripes, I chose the crimson accents as a contrast to the premium charcoal interior and I have had nothing but compliments, I love it.

DLW

post-6242-1176242193_thumb.jpg post-6242-1176242204_thumb.jpg

post-6242-1176242193_thumb.jpg

post-6242-1176242204_thumb.jpg

I have not seen the red inserts on the Shelby in person other than pictures. But I have seen the red seats on the GT Mustang. I like the red where the entire seat is red better, but the red inserts look good as well.

The only one I don't care much for is the red inserts or red seats on the red color. I think it is to much red in my opinion. But that is just a personal opinion. Everyone has different taste and you have to go with what you like.

If I was getting a black color I would definitely go with the red inserts. I think they look the best on a black car, but again, that is just my personal choice and opinion.

I too have an alloy, but I have the silver stripes over the top. The red inserts look awesome and make the interior pop quite a bit. Way better than (in my opinion, that's what you asked for) the standard charcoal that looks a lot like a regular GT.

Do it, you'll love it! You can even get the shelby floor mats with the red stripes to match the seats!

I regret not getting the red inserts ( to much black without ) JMO. :shrug:

I have a red coupe with white stripes and the crimson inserts. Only two people who have looked at the car have mentioned they did not like the crimson inserts, most say they like them.

I would not have ordered the car without them.

Love 'em. One watch out...they are darker than the red exterior paint option. Also, I ordered aftermarket mats in red...and they don't match. That's fine with me...but thought I should mention it since some people are more anal about this than I am.

Dave

I also have a red car with the red inserts and the wife and I as well as all that have seen love it!!! So i + 1 all the above post's and say this is a easy choice.....JMHO.................I am also trying to get the rear side panel inlay but can't find the red with the little holes in it ...were to get ???anyone????

I also have a red car with the red inserts and the wife and I as well as all that have seen love it!!! So i + 1 all the above post's and say this is a easy choice.....JMHO.................I am also trying to get the rear side panel inlay but can't find the red with the little holes in it ...were to get ???anyone????

Sorry, I can't help you on where to get it...but I think they call it "perforated" leather. (or perhaps "simulated" leather, not sure).

Dave

Thanks for all the replies! I wanted them the first time I saw the option but like I said, I haven't seen them in person. I had heard that they were alittle darker then the exterior but I like the contrast it gives in the pictures for the interior. I want the Red exterior with white stripes also.

I was down talking to the dealer that I'm trying my best to get an '08 from and he was telling me that I shouldn't get the inserts. So I wanted someone that had first hand experience to chim in. I should have an answer by the week of the 25th due to the owner being on a trip in China right now. He must really be hurting for cash :hysterical2: I'm going to stick with my gut and get the inserts. Thanks for the input. Now it's just wating 2 weeks for an answer on if they will let me order one with the price I can live with.

Thanks for all the replies! I wanted them the first time I saw the option but like I said, I haven't seen them in person. I had heard that they were alittle darker then the exterior but I like the contrast it gives in the pictures for the interior. I want the Red exterior with white stripes also.

I was down talking to the dealer that I'm trying my best to get an '08 from and he was telling me that I shouldn't get the inserts. So I wanted someone that had first hand experience to chim in. I should have an answer by the week of the 25th due to the owner being on a trip in China right now. He must really be hurting for cash :hysterical2: I'm going to stick with my gut and get the inserts. Thanks for the input. Now it's just wating 2 weeks for an answer on if they will let me order one with the price I can live with.

You won't even notice the colour difference, in a Coupe, between the Exterior and the Seat Inserts. Just silly hype from months ago before anyone saw the final product. It was really nothing to have gotten excited over. +1

I have not seen the red inserts on the Shelby in person other than pictures. But I have seen the red seats on the GT Mustang. I like the red where the entire seat is red better, but the red inserts look good as well.

The only one I don't care much for is the red inserts or red seats on the red color. I think it is to much red in my opinion. But that is just a personal opinion. Everyone has different taste and you have to go with what you like.

If I was getting a black color I would definitely go with the red inserts. I think they look the best on a black car, but again, that is just my personal choice and opinion.

I concur with ShelbyDude. I own a Torch Red GT500 and I thought it was too much red--so I went with Black. all black interior gives good contrast. On an Alloy or Ebony it looks great. IMHO

Stuart

My car is Ebony with Tungsten Strips and I did get the crimson inserts. I think they look great with my color combo , but its all about your choices and what looks good for you ....i sent a pic have a look at it will help you decide what you like ...good luck with it .....

post-6677-1176252322_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1176252343_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1176252322_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1176252343_thumb.jpg

My car is Ebony with Tungsten Strips and I did get the crimson inserts. I think they look great with my color combo , but its all about your choices and what looks good for you ....i sent a pic have a look at it will help you decide what you like ...good luck with it .....

They "make" the interior

I also own a red coupe with white stripes and really like the red inserts. It sets the car apart from other mustangs. Not too much difference between exterior color and seat inserts IMHO. I think you should go for it.

Joker - adding my 2 cents as well...

Went with the interior upgrade red insert option from the get-go and never looked back or thought twice about it. All positive comments from folks who have looked at the interior of my car.

GO FOR IT!

Keith

Archived