TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1500 Mile Road Trip to SAI and back

My wife, 18 year old daughter and I took a vacation down south to Vegas. We toured SAI. I signed my name on the door frame to the factory where they assemble the Cobras. We were able to visit with John Walker and Steve Navarro. They were both very friendly and informative.

My daughter rode in the back during the entire trip. She didn't complain once. Both wife and daughter couldn't believe how much attention the Shelby recieved. My only comment before we left was to pack light since it would be warm and there wouldn't be room for all their "essentials"

We also stopped by Team Ford to check out cgoeshels KenneBell. He was great to talk to, and took the time to explain the install.

SAcs8500small.JPG

Here's mine next to a CS8

SASteve_Small.jpg

This is Steve checking out my ride

SAcs8Closesmall.jpg

SAGoodsmall.JPG

SACGKB_Small.JPG

Here's Chris explaining the KB install

SASteve_Small.jpg

SAcs8500small.JPG

SAcs8Closesmall.jpg

SAGoodsmall.JPG

SACGKB_Small.JPG

Great pics. Sounds like a great time with your girls. What an awesome way to travel 1500 miles. Your car looks great sitting next to that CS. Two 'bad' looking Shelbys. Thanks for sharing. I am working on my wife but not sure I can convince her to take the trip. Our ride would be about 2,000 miles. I will share this with her hoping to help persude her to go.

Great pics! Anybody notice the color of the Shelby bldg...hmmm? Looks kinda like Performance White with a Vista Blue stripe! :hysterical:

good point

That about wraps up the question about the fastest color, don't you think

What kind of MPG did you get on this trip?

And thanks for posting pics, I hope to make it out there soon.

I noticed that after the 3,000 mile mark on the odometer the mileage increased. I had been getting around 19-21 mpg before our trip. As the trip progressed I noticed our mileage increased. So I kept a careful watch on the way home. It is interstate most of the way home, and traffic was steady at 80-85 mph. We got 23.5mpg. The last 120 miles was two lane and the speed limit was 65mph. I decided to see what I could get if i held it steady at 65. When we arrived at our home the trip computer said we averaged 26mpg. The car has just over 4,000 miles on it. I was very pleased with the results, and there were only a few times on the freeway when we had to get on it pretty good for various reasons. So there wasn't alot of playing figured into the mileage.

Very cool, I'm hoping to get out there this summer. Any tips what not to waste time on?

There's something for everyone. One tip however is if you are in a hurry, don't drive on the strip. Take the side streets. They are much faster. Also, If you plan on seeing Hoover Dam, be prepared to wait. We went on a Tuesday afternoon and it was lines and lines of people. Everything else was great - weather, entertainment, food, cars, etc.

Archived