TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally I ordered a car!!!!!!!

chuckstang

Finally, the emotion of it all and just wanting the car so bad I found a dealer that would sell me one for 10k over and since it could be ordered exactly how I want and be dropped shipped to a dealer I want, I decided to go for it.

I look at it this way, ya maybe I could have found a GT500 on the ground with a 7k adm but then it would not be the exact color and options I want most likely and then I would probably have to pay to fly out there and ship it home. That all adds up! I don't have the time or money to do that and also I have heard that the 08s will cost a little more and since you could only order an 07 for the next week or 2, I decided to pull the trigger on a late run 07 :)

Oh, it will be all black coupe, no stripes, black interior with upg package and nothing else. This pig does not need no stinkin nav or boom box! Im going for a "light weight" sleeper! hahah

Thanks to all that helped me and I will post pics end of May, car is to be built in about 2 weeks!

Finally, the emotion of it all and just wanting the car so bad I found a dealer that would sell me one for 10k over and since it could be ordered exactly how I want and be dropped shipped to a dealer I want, I decided to go for it.

I look at it this way, ya maybe I could have found a GT500 on the ground with a 7k adm but then it would not be the exact color and options I want most likely and then I would probably have to pay to fly out there and ship it home. That all adds up! I don't have the time or money to do that and also I have heard that the 08s will cost a little more and since you could only order an 07 for the next week or 2, I decided to pull the trigger on a late run 07 :)

Oh, it will be all black coupe, no stripes, black interior with upg package and nothing else. This pig does not need no stinkin nav or boom box! Im going for a "light weight" sleeper! hahah

Thanks to all that helped me and I will post pics end of May, car is to be built in about 2 weeks!

Nice, now the waiting begins!!!

I want to add one more thing, I actually wanted the side stripes but the dealer said that option was no longer available. Anotherwords you could only order all stripes (top and sides) or none at all. I didnt fight long with him as I wanted no stripes to begin with anyway, I could always put them on myself later or get them painted on the right way some day when I make more money.

Carrol will be at the dealership around the time my car arrives for a car show and I will be there bright and early to try and get this signature on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to add one more thing, I actually wanted the side stripes but the dealer said that option was no longer available. Anotherwords you could only order all stripes (top and sides) or none at all. I didnt fight long with him as I wanted no stripes to begin with anyway, I could always put them on myself later or get them painted on the right way some day when I make more money.

Carrol will be at the dealership around the time my car arrives for a car show and I will be there bright and early to try and get this signature on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy the stripes or have them painted on later. Personally I'd leave them off, speak softly and carry a big F'N stick!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Congrats Chuck!

Let me know when you get your vin and send it to me. I'll try and track it for you.

As for the side stripes I think those are only about $85 each side. Those are easy to put on. But I think it would look better with no stripes at all if you don't have the over the top racing stripes.

As for the boom box, that shaker 500 that comes standard is an awesome system. My wife has that on her V6 and believe it or not it actually sounds better than the shaker 1000 in my Shelby.

:happy feet: ARE YOU PUMPED???? :happy feet: A R E Y O U P U M P E D???? :happy feet:

congratulations on your decision,i am glad it all worked out for you.Its amazing how things happen on this site.one person helps another out and then that person passes it forward to someone else.its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats to you charlie.

Larry

NY

Yes I know, shocked is an understatement.

I think I was numero uno anti ADM and still am but what can you do, I saw the future GT500 models as being untouchable and I did not want an opportunity to own exactly what car I want to pass me by. I live for the present and I dont know what the future will hold but I am not to worried because this car can be made to run 9s if need be!!!!

Also, I do not plan to sell the car, but if by chance I need the money for something else, its just a car and its just money, I will sell it. I probably will only put 5k miles on it a year anyway :D

I will feel alot better once it is safe in my garage!

Congrats Chuck!

Let me know when you get your vin and send it to me. I'll try and track it for you.

As for the side stripes I think those are only about $85 each side. Those are easy to put on. But I think it would look better with no stripes at all if you don't have the over the top racing stripes.

As for the boom box, that shaker 500 that comes standard is an awesome system. My wife has that on her V6 and believe it or not it actually sounds better than the shaker 1000 in my Shelby.

:happy feet: ARE YOU PUMPED???? :happy feet: A R E Y O U P U M P E D???? :happy feet:

That would be very cool :hyper:

That would be nice. Not too many people have had him sign their car in person at the dealership where their car arrived. Kodak moment to take the sting out of the ADM. ;)

The side sticker is nothing to add later but you'll never add it, and the lower trim that concerned you so much (me too) will be a non-issue once you see your car. Stealthbomber for sure! :spiteful:

That would be nice. Not too many people have had him sign their car in person at the dealership where their car arrived. Kodak moment to take the sting out of the ADM. ;)

The side sticker is nothing to add later but you'll never add it, and the lower trim that concerned you so much (me too) will be a non-issue once you see your car. Stealthbomber for sure! :spiteful:

Every time I have seen this car in person, it blows me away. It does not photgraph well IMO

You got to the point that I got to. None of us WANTED to pay an adm, but I, after looking & calling literally 250 dealers, realized that if I wanted an '07, I was gonna have to pay an ADM. I still feel as though I got a good deal. I see cars SELLING for way more than I paid still.

After you have yours you will want the demand to stay high.

I saw your thread on SVTP. I would say that you will have to pay tax when you go to license it in your own state. You should figure the rate that is in your area. I say that because you may want to put less money down because you will need it after the sale.

Also, if you refinance when you sell your car, I would be afraid that when they send the title to the new bank, it might show "used" & not "new" anymore. I don't know if that matters to you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks alot guys and my current Cobra should be sold some time next week. A nice 18 year old left 500 deposit and said he will pay the rest when the banks open again this week, monday is holiday up here. It sold for $11,000 and that was the first person to see it! I could have gotten alot more for it but I needed the money fast.

Thanks again, I can not wait to get this thing and feel the power from the blown 5.4!!!!!

Congratulation Chuck, these all black coupes with no stripes are really mean looking! Good choice. Nice to see that you will have your car soon.

When the car initally appeared, I did not want to pay a penny more than MSRP either. After awhile though, I realized that if I didn't want to spend another summer without a Shelby, I would need to do something and accept ADM as a fact of life. I paid more than MSRP but now that I own the car, I don't regret it at all and I'm sure you won't.

Congrats on finally taking the plunge! 10k over is not bad the way things have gone with the market on 2007's.

Black with no stripes...my kinda Shelby. I hope the dealer is right about the rocker stripe only being no longer available, but I doubt thats the case. If its true, my car just got a bit rarer. Mines black with a tungsten rocker only.

Anyway, my car went through really fast so you can expect a faster than normal delivery.

KC666

Congrats on finally taking the plunge! 10k over is not bad the way things have gone with the market on 2007's.

Black with no stripes...my kinda Shelby. I hope the dealer is right about the rocker stripe only being no longer available, but I doubt thats the case. If its true, my car just got a bit rarer. Mines black with a tungsten rocker only.

Anyway, my car went through really fast so you can expect a faster than normal delivery.

KC666

Thanks, I have followed your car since back when you posted pics here and I wanted to mimic it but they said no rocker stripes, so that is fine with me. I could always add them if I wanted but I think solid black will be pretty rare, at least I have not seen anyone else online post pix of it.

That is great to hear about the faster delivery! I have heard that elswhere as well!

I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. I came across similar circumstances and put money down for an 08.

Archived