TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On my way to pick it up !!

old school

Got a call from the Dealer on my answering machine to come on down & pick it up tonight !!! Performance White / Blue stripes......gotta go get the 03' Mach ready for the trade in...I'll miss that car ! Chris

Congrats, old school!!! As usual, we expect lots of pics. Too bad you have to trade in the '03 Mach.

Got a call from the Dealer on my answering machine to come on down & pick it up tonight !!! Performance White / Blue stripes......gotta go get the 03' Mach ready for the trade in...I'll miss that car ! Chris

THATS PRETTY GOOD, I THINK I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET THERE NEVER MIND STOPPING BY THE COMPUTER TO TELL ANYONE....... CONGRATULATIONS

chris ...

what a feeling .. you have to be on cloud nine! ... Pls keep her safe .. great color choice .... and get ready for all the looks your about to get !

Congratulations !

Old School - I'll be curious to here how you compare the 03' Mach and this car. Of course it's not fair comparing a 4 year old car to a new Shelby, but it will be interesting to hear what items you preceive as better or worse. Either way, we want your unbiased opinion.

Keep us posted.

HSURB

post-8156-1176240537_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240309_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240355_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240373_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240397_thumb.jpgOk...first impressions driving home last night were a blur...just tried to get used to the clutch & powerband....much smoother ride & nice even rush of power compared to the 03' mach which rode stiff and came on with a surge of power @ Appx. 3300 RPM....Drove it to work today and am really impressed with the whole package !! Definetly worth the wait..that super charger whine is addicting...you just want to keep it boosted !!! Here are a couple of shots from taking delivery last night.....Chris

post-8156-1176240309_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1176240355_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1176240373_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1176240397_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1176240537_thumb.jpg

Good for you

I still remember the feeling when my car arrived

I still love it

Congrats

great looking ride

I like the color you picked

wait until you get full boost

Hold on

Good colors old school not mine but still pretty good. (Alloys the best) right Dave? :hysterical2: . Got mine a week ago tomorrow :banana piano: and you need to leave the tcs on for a while IMO. This thing is awsome. Good Luck with it.

post-8156-1176240537_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240309_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240355_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240373_thumb.jpgpost-8156-1176240397_thumb.jpgOk...first impressions driving home last night were a blur...just tried to get used to the clutch & powerband....much smoother ride & nice even rush of power compared to the 03' mach which rode stiff and came on with a surge of power @ Appx. 3300 RPM....Drove it to work today and am really impressed with the whole package !! Definetly worth the wait..that super charger whine is addicting...you just want to keep it boosted !!! Here are a couple of shots from taking delivery last night.....Chris

Sweet! Congrats Chris! You choose the traditional Ford Racing white & blue colors. Good choice. They say there will be two new colors for the 2008 GT500's.

Any modifications in your future?

Yes, indeed... WELL worth the wait! Congratulations on owning a real beast of a car! Understand the addiction to the BOOST!

Keith

Transport is meeting me at my house in 2 hours with my Shelby! :banvictory:

It is supposed to have 2 miles on it. I think the dealer manager took it for a little spin? He e-mailed me to say he is "very jealous" and "the car is beautiful" and "some of my friends are selling their cars for $20,000 over sticker so you are getting the deal of the century! Please take the time to send in the ford survey and give us perfect scores!" :D

Get this: The transport I hired to pickup the Shelby, at this out-of-state dealer, arrived Saturday and the manager couldn't find the keys! I had called Saturday and was told the transport never came! I found out today that the transport guy was there Saturday and Ford dealer owner was pissed-off at his son because he couldn't find the keys to the Shelby. The transport driver had to sleep over until Sunday so the dealer could find the keys. Turns out the keys were on a salesgirl's desk the whole time. :doh: The manager's daddy is the owner and I guess he chewed his boy out in front of everyone. Not very professional, but I guess you can't make an omelet unless you break a few eggs? The main thing is I got a good deal and I got it at all, eventhough the people at the dealership are running on about 1 cylinder.

Archived