TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Specific Shirts

robertlane

Hi,

We started the S197ShelbyOA club today. We only have the GT500 shirts available right now and are working on getting a specific design for the Shelby GT.

Any ideas of how this T-shirt should look or what it should feature?

What would you like to see?

Hey Robert,

Wish I had a Shelby but in regards to design...Make a black shirt with the front of the shelby on the front side shirt and the rear in the back. Not too big and not too small. Also, make the car BLEND in the shirt...almost fade into it....gives is that sleeper/mysterious look. You could do the same with the white or I was thinking just have silver stripes running all the way through and on the chest areas have a shelby pic of front and rear in the back. Make your logo on one sleeve and just the snake on the other. Hope it helps.

Alex

....hey I like those last ideas. Especially the front and back of the car thing blending into the shirt. That would be hot if done right. .........But, except for the OA logo please leave off any Cobra symbols. They aren't on the Shelby GT and therefore shouldn't be on the shirt. This isn't a Cobra or GT500.

....hey I like those last ideas. Especially the front and back of the car thing blending into the shirt. That would be hot if done right. .........But, except for the OA logo please leave off any Cobra symbols. They aren't on the Shelby GT and therefore shouldn't be on the shirt. This isn't a Cobra or GT500.

True Socal,

Sorry man, I dont have an actual car to know. I was just going off of the logo on the right banner and the above pics. But thanks for your interest in my ideas.....I should be a designer!!!! :hysterical2:

Alex

I think because the cars are all essentially the same, except produced for RENTAL vs purchase, they could make 1 or 2 designs and just change the color or the pic of the car. For example, change the stripes on the shirt to GOLD on the black tee and have the pic be a GT-H. I just think it should def be 1 car per shirt design...you dont want to crowd it. Plus the people can wear the shirt that matches their specific car, whether it be a BLACK GT or WHITE GT or GT-H (coupe or vert). M2C. Post final design when done and hope my ideas helped.

Alex

Hey Robert,

Wish I had a Shelby but in regards to design...Make a black shirt with the front of the shelby on the front side shirt and the rear in the back. Not too big and not too small. Also, make the car BLEND in the shirt...almost fade into it....gives is that sleeper/mysterious look. You could do the same with the white or I was thinking just have silver stripes running all the way through and on the chest areas have a shelby pic of front and rear in the back. Make your logo on one sleeve and just the snake on the other. Hope it helps.

Alex

Should have been a designer I like it

Should have been a designer I like it

Watch out Gianninni Versace...here I COME!!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Thanks Shelby001

Maybe when I get my car, whenever that may be, I will have a custom shirt made and I will share it with you guys and feel free to make yourself! :happy feet:

Alex

Hey Robert,

Alex

You mean simular to this?

post-5363-1176256917_thumb.jpg

post-5363-1176256935_thumb.jpg

post-5363-1176256917_thumb.jpg

post-5363-1176256935_thumb.jpg

These are not shirts you'll wear out. Well..at least I won't unless I'm going to a bowling ally with my NASCAR friends. :hysterical2:

Why not just a simple shirt that's as clean in design as the car it represents...something like...available in white/silver, black/sliver, or black/gold. I drew the strips to go vertically...slimming ya know!

post-8406-1176285411_thumb.jpg

post-8406-1176285411_thumb.jpg

Sharon... Please try to avoid these two weekends in August because of so many race fans coming to (MIS) Michigan International Speedway for the Nascar & Indy Car races. The hotels/motels will be packed with race fans from out of town & some members that drive in will have a very hard time finding rooms.

August 4th & 5th (Sat & Sun) (Indy Car)

August 17th, 18th & 19th (Fri, Sat, Sun) (Nascar)

....not a problem, Amy said the cobras were left off on purpose to keep the cars different.

Right on. That's why we wanted to make two different shirts.

These are not shirts you'll wear out. Well..at least I won't unless I'm going to a bowling ally with my NASCAR friends. :hysterical2:

Why not just a simple shirt that's as clean in design as the car it represents...something like...available in white/silver, black/sliver, or black/gold. I drew the strips to go vertically...slimming ya know!

Nice. Very nice.

Why don't we mock up a few designs to post and see what people think? Then we could send the design to Shelby for approval.

Hey, Kinda like that. They beat me to it!! But a little more....something

Yea I was thinking more along the lines of this and maybe adding a small pic of the actual care at an angle (like the one above to the right) and have the stripes (in set) going down the middle, like the car. The one big stripe with the two side pinstripes does not match the car stripes

Hey, Kinda like that. They beat me to it!! But a little more....something

Yea I was thinking more along the lines of this and maybe adding a small pic of the actual care at an angle (like the one above to the right) and have the stripes (in set) going down the middle, like the car. The one big stripe with the two side pinstripes does not match the car stripes

This a take off on the door side stripes where the "Shelby GT" name is. Not meant to be the rally stripes on the hood, roof and rear deck, as those are used on the GT500 and every other car trying to look fast. :banghead:

I can see putting the club logo on the sleeve too in the same silver/gold. When you put the car on you add complexity and cost. This shirt would be pretty reasonable and easy to produce. If we introduce the car, which I am not totally adverse too, It adds to the cost if you want more colors etc., and again I don' think now I would wear it out. Too much going on. Sorry I'm in marketing and this is why a Sony, Nike, Apple, etc., shirt will have a very simple design and not some big picture of an iPod or a sneaker. The branding makes a stronger statement than the picture.

Of course you're mileage may vary!

:headspin:

This a take off on the door side stripes where the "Shelby GT" name is. Not meant to be the rally stripes on the hood, roof and rear deck, as those are used on the GT500 and every other car trying to look fast. :banghead:

I can see putting the club logo on the sleeve too in the same silver/gold. When you put the car on you add complexity and cost. This shirt would be pretty reasonable and easy to produce. If we introduce the car, which I am not totally adverse too, It adds to the cost if you want more colors etc., and again I don' think now I would wear it out. Too much going on. Sorry I'm in marketing and this is why a Sony, Nike, Apple, etc., shirt will have a very simple design and not some big picture of an iPod or a sneaker. The branding makes a stronger statement than the picture.

O we gotta marketing guy. Hey I do marketing too! For Real Estate. I definitely see what you are saying and I too believe Simplicity makes the best statement! But I thought these shirts were just for those members...not so much a marketing tool. I think Shelby gets enough marketing as we speak. They are everywhere. I even heard a rumor that Shelby and Nike were teaming up to make a super fast shoe. It is still in R&D because the experimental shoe's supercharger has too much psi boost. They have already torn a few legs off! :hysterical2:

Good stuff man. What do you market?

Alex

O we gotta marketing guy. Hey I do marketing too! For Real Estate...

Good stuff man. What do you market?

Alex

Hey Alex

That's one big truck! :happy feet:

I market technology.

I just use the "day out" test. I ask myself, would I wear this t-shirt on a day out? if it makes me look like a kid it fails. Something with cars all over it in full color are a no no to me. Nothing better than the stuff you see in those $4.99 t-shirt iron on shops. hey..it's just my personal pref and if everyone wants the car thing then fine, though I find these never look as good as the car really does.

I like the stripes much better the pic of the car. Very cool. I'll take two! Heavy, and I mean really HEAVY weight, quality cloth. Black with silver stripes, XL. Just tell me how much and where to send the money.

Hey Alex

That's one big truck! :happy feet:

I market technology.

I just use the "day out" test. I ask myself, would I wear this t-shirt on a day out? if it makes me look like a kid it fails. Something with cars all over it in full color are a no no to me. Nothing better than the stuff you see in those $4.99 t-shirt iron on shops. hey..it's just my personal pref and if everyone wants the car thing then fine, though I find these never look as good as the car really does.

Either way, I would buy the shirt. Simplicity goes great on a casual day out. But say any CAR oriented event, I think the one with a pic would be cool. I just came up with such bc every car show I go to and the B-J auction on speed, all these car crazy people wear those hawaiian style shirts that have like a 100 cars on them. Either way, 2 different ideas for 2 different types of application!

Alex

Yeah Matt I like your design in white or black w/silver stripes, you could put that design on a nice t-shirt too. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

SoCal,

I'm sure they would probably work on the shirts now, but I think they might have to stop working on ours cars to get it done !!

According to John my car was completed on Friday April 20th, supposidly the white car in John's post on the Shelby forum showing the running lights. I called him this past Wed. (April 25) and he said mine was in final QC beeing inspected for all changes that have been made since the begining (scoop, stripes, muffler rattle, etc.) and then awaiting delivery.

I know you and I both would like to receive our cars before our next car or inssurance payment !

They keep talking about new variations and new mod packages, how about putting all this effort into getting the mod shop fully functional and get the SGT's out first.

Archived