TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 rear wheels alignment

I just noticed this today that my rear wheels are more out on the driver side than the passenger and the passenger side is more towards inside the car. From what I understand, this only happens when you lowered the GT500. My car does not have the SVT PP so it is using stock springs. Do you guys have them to? To help better explain what I mean, below is a diagram to what I believe is going on:

....O-----O <-- Front Wheels

.....I.........I

.....I.........I <-- car body or frame

.....I.........I

..O-----O <-- Rear Wheels

I hope you guys can understand what I mean based on the above. So if it is the same for all GT500 without the SVTPP, I guess I need an adjustable panhard bar?

I believe this is evident in many cars due to production variances, but the axle always only seems to be to the left.. The PP lowers the rear only .5" which would push it over less than 1/4" further. Yes, you can install the adjustable PHB of your choice to correct it.

Every GT500 I've seen (with or without the PP) is this way. Pretty sure that all Mustangs are this way. For whatever reason, Ford does this on purpose - it isn't like they couldn't figure out what size the panhard bar needs to be to center the axle on the frame.

Thanks for the response guys.

For whatever reason, Ford does this on purpose - it isn't like they couldn't figure out what size the panhard bar needs to be to center the axle on the frame.

I thought about this to. It's not like out of all the GT500s Ford Built, no one from the assembly line noticed or pointed this out. Which begs the question, why will they not center it? If it is meant to be that way, does it serve a purpose? or does centering it not serve any purpose or no benefit to justify the cost of adding an adjustable panhard bar at Ford's expense?

when using a panhard bar on a car while you compress your rear springs the axle will shift to the passenger side of vehicle. Example is when you push down on the rear of your car with enough weight the axle will move up and to the right, its a trait of using a panhard bar, so when rear springs are near completely compressed your axle should be close to center if not a liitle towards the passenger side. Now if you are going to center the axle while at non compressed ride height as your springs compress it will be more to the passenger side, so be careful and dont over due it or there is the possibilty of your tire hitting the inside of your passenger side well. Here is an animation of how it works http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension.htm hope this explains it better, the animation is at the bottom of the page.

Go with a BMR adjustable PHB. They are alot nicer than the ford racing one and it comes with grease fittings. You also can get it in red or black hammered finished which I put on my car. Rear completely centered now even after lowering it with ford racing springs.

ive got a 2010 and my stock car is fine--everything lines up--out of curouisty i checke my other cars, which include a 2007 vette and a 65 GTO and they all line up---im curious why GT500s wouldnt line up as part of the production proceess--seems weird

Archived