TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Say it isn't so

fastfords

There is an error in the YouTube video. The vid listed as "Non SVT" is a non-Shelby dash, as the car lacks the cobra on the steering wheel. The order guide lists a dash unique to the SVTPP car, above what's on the Shelby w/o SVTPP. The mystery continues

The details mention it as a difference in the gauge cluster (Track Apps maybe?). One thing I noticed on the website was that the Shelby dash looks black, and lacks the silver finish panels the 2010-12 Shelbys and Premium Package GTs had. I know on another thread it was mentioned the dash finish was a silver block type finish but the Ford build and price images don't show that. I also noticed the 2013 GT500 at the local auto show had the Cobra snake embroidered in white on the Recaros, where as on my 2012 the snake embroidery is black and blends in with the recaro headrest portion. It will be interesting to see what the actual production car is equipped with.

Joe

It's called loosing sales to GM. While I understand the GT500 has a beast of a motor many would find the ZL1 to be the more complete car at it's base price. As nice as the new GT500 is the car is still based on the old 2005+ platform and greenhouse so for me the excitement is wearing off quickly.

Don't confuse "losing sales" with "losing profits". Much of the mix where Camaro is outselling Mustang is in the meaningless, low-margin trade.

The details mention it as a difference in the gauge cluster (Track Apps maybe?). One thing I noticed on the website was that the Shelby dash looks black, and lacks the silver finish panels the 2010-12 Shelbys and Premium Package GTs had. I know on another thread it was mentioned the dash finish was a silver block type finish but the Ford build and price images don't show that. I also noticed the 2013 GT500 at the local auto show had the Cobra snake embroidered in white on the Recaros, where as on my 2012 the snake embroidery is black and blends in with the recaro headrest portion. It will be interesting to see what the actual production car is equipped with.

Joe

This price increase should raise the price of all Shelby GT500's. Good news for all Shelby owners.

You won't see an increase in value on used vehicles.

Agreed, from what I have seen the price of the earlier ones have gone down. They have been selling $15K or more under MSRP with under 5000 miles, if they paid MSRP that is $3 a mile the first owner paid, crazy.

Does either of those cars come with an improved 2.3TVS, 650 factoryHP, 200+ MPH top speed rating,5.8L Forged aluminum engine with special 8.5 Qt oil pan, Electronic Bilstine dampers, Torsen rear differential, upgraded Tremec 6060 trans with close ratio 2.66 first gear, larger clutch,one piece carbon fiber drive-shaft, 33% more inter-cooling capacity, improved down-force for high speed handling, six piston Brembo front brakes on larger front rotors,larger rear rotors.? ...and there's a lot more too like Launch control .....Recaro seats..etc.

All due respect but some of you guys need to look closer at what this car is all about before making a comparison and complaining about it's price.....seriously.

Here's a coupe with the SVTPP and Recaro seats

whitewithblackPPandRecarosrearview.jpg

+1 It is an amazing car.

GEE I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M READING HERE....WHEN THE 07 AND CURRENT SHELBYS CAME OUT MOST OF US [YES MOST OF US] COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ISSUES ------ CLUTCH...REAR END....NOSE HEAVY...WRONG TIRES...NARROW RIMS.. 2-PIECE DRIVE SHAFT.. 33;1 GEARS .EATON BLOWER...HEAT SOAK .ETC ETC.....WE MOSTLEY SAID WHY WOULDN'T FORD USE UPGRADED PERFORMANCE PARTS AMD WE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY TO PAY FOR THE UPGRADES ..... NOW THE 2013 IS COMING OUT AND BITCH BITCH THATS ALL I HEAR....ABOUT THE PRICING....fORD IS PUTTING OUT WHAT MOST WOULD WANT WITH LITTLE UPGRADE REQUIRED EXCEPT FOR THE HARD CORE HP HEAD.....GIMME ME A BREAK......

GEE I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M READING HERE....WHEN THE 07 AND CURRENT SHELBYS CAME OUT MOST OF US [YES MOST OF US] COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ISSUES ------ CLUTCH...REAR END....NOSE HEAVY...WRONG TIRES...NARROW RIMS.. 2-PIECE DRIVE SHAFT.. 33;1 GEARS .EATON BLOWER...HEAT SOAK .ETC ETC.....WE MOSTLEY SAID WHY WOULDN'T FORD USE UPGRADED PERFORMANCE PARTS AMD WE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY TO PAY FOR THE UPGRADES ..... NOW THE 2013 IS COMING OUT AND BITCH BITCH THATS ALL I HEAR....ABOUT THE PRICING....fORD IS PUTTING OUT WHAT MOST WOULD WANT WITH LITTLE UPGRADE REQUIRED EXCEPT FOR THE HARD CORE HP HEAD.....GIMME ME A BREAK......

I do have to agree with this, I DO think the upgrades are worth the price difference, just can not believe you can load up a Vert to just about $70k.

I guess maybe I should think different, I have $60K plus in my car so that almost makes this a Great price. But I do like mine is very very rare and I do not need more power than what I currently have.

Archived