TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Programmable Garage Door button on the GT500

kimbray

Folks, I have not opened the manual yet so I was wondering if someone know if you could program something on the car to open a garage door. Please let me know and steps to do it please. Thanks.

As supplied from Ford to your dealer, there is no homelink system. It can be added as a dealer installed accessory as part of the upgraded rear view mirror with temp display and home link.

Folks, I have not opened the manual yet so I was wondering if someone know if you could program something on the car to open a garage door. Please let me know and steps to do it please. Thanks.

PLEASE READ THE MANUAL.....their is a lot of stuff you will find useful in their that isn't on other vehicles like what to do if the car needs a tow, or how to use your fix a flat since their is NO spare tire.

:ohsnap:

bj

As supplied from Ford to your dealer, there is no homelink system. It can be added as a dealer installed accessory as part of the upgraded rear view mirror with temp display and home link.

You can get an upgraded rear view mirror with a temp display? Hmmmmmmmmm. Where is the thermometer probe mounted?

Edit: I meant as an after market addition.

PLEASE READ THE MANUAL.....their is a lot of stuff you will find useful in their that isn't on other vehicles like what to do if the car needs a tow, or how to use your fix a flat since their is NO spare tire.

I agree, but I'll tell you what...I read that part about the inflator... :drop: there's no way I'll remember all those steps. I'm still hoping somewhere we can find a spare that will fit in the trunk and still clear all the brakes. Come on aftermarket...give us a $50 wheel. :rant:

You can get an upgraded rear view mirror with a temp display? Hmmmmmmmmm. Where is the thermometer probe mounted?

Edit: I meant as an after market addition.

Yes, I have seen these somewhere...can't recall where. Not sure where the probe is. I do recall they were pricey...about $380 I think :headscratch: ..and I don't think that included installation.

My rearview has a digital compass and is electrochromatic. Is that standard?

Not standard, but as pretzel said, part of the upgrade. There is a higher level mirror that adds temp and "Homelink", which is nice (but it's like a dealer add-on accessory or something...not available as an option). My wife has this on her Mazda. We have two garage doors, each programmed on different buttons. Very nice feature.

AD

I get a flat .. i call AAA

• 3 months later...

I had the Ford dealer put one in yesterday and it works great. It is an auto dimmer with compass and homelink. I have 3 garage doors, two at home (added one stall for the Shelby ;) ) one at work, and I got tired of all the openers hanging off the visors. I was accustomed to using the Homelink, having it in my Infiniti M45 (winter/family car) and my wife's 300C. It is one thing Ford skimped on with the GT500 in their attempt to keep MSRP around $40k. I know it's not a muscle car must have, but I can't believe the factory cost difference between the stock mirror and one with Homelink is more than $100. Since my Shelby is a daily driver, I figured it was worth it to put in the upgraded mirror.

It lsits for $425, but can be found for $380-390. Temp probe can be put anywhere - recommended at the front of the vehicle behind bumper. I have install instructions in a pdf. Size is 620KB - too big to attach. I can email if some request it.

I agree, but I'll tell you what...I read that part about the inflator... :drop: there's no way I'll remember all those steps. I'm still hoping somewhere we can find a spare that will fit in the trunk and still clear all the brakes. Come on aftermarket...give us a $50 wheel. :rant:

all you need to do is get a GT spare. If you get a flat on the front, move the back wheel to the front and the spare on the back. then again, I wouldn't want to drive this car with a spare. So I removed my fix a flat and carry my cell phone and AAA card with me.

• 4 months later...
I want one :) Do you just provide power ?

Downside - the plug doesn't match the old mirror. And you need to run the temp probe wire somewhere. That wasn't too difficult. The hardest part - just getting the old mirror off. There's a little clip that you push so you can slide the mirror off the mounting plate. That's a bitch.

Available from Ford Accessories. Should also be available through parts desk at Ford dealership.

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2...xtmodel=Mustang

Mirrors, Electrochromic Compass w/Homelink®, w/Temp. Display

Part Number: 4L3Z-17700-B

MSRP: $425.00

Mirrors, Electrochromic Compass w/Homelink®, W/O Temp. Display

Part Number: 4L3Z-17700-A

MSRP: $395.00

Available from Ford Accessories. Should also be available through parts desk at Ford dealership.

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2...xtmodel=Mustang

Mirrors, Electrochromic Compass w/Homelink®, w/Temp. Display

Part Number: 4L3Z-17700-B

MSRP: $425.00

Mirrors, Electrochromic Compass w/Homelink®, W/O Temp. Display

Part Number: 4L3Z-17700-A

MSRP: $395.00

Just like he said. I paid like $380 back in May. Though I think I've seen it for $325. Just be sure you're getting all these features - assuming you want them. Ford has the mirror with all possible combinations of Homelink, temp and compass.

Does anyone know what this HD receiver is? Add on? Entire new radio? Seems cheap for an entire replacement. I'm looking to install the Trip tunes for my iPod and I saw the HD rec. with iPod connection. Trip tunes is $250 why wouldn't I do this for and extra $50?

HD Radio Receiver, w/iPod® Connectivity

Part Number: A7FCS-HDRADIO-B

MSRP: $299.00

thanks

Does anyone know what this HD receiver is? Add on? Entire new radio? Seems cheap for an entire replacement. I'm looking to install the Trip tunes for my iPod and I saw the HD rec. with iPod connection. Trip tunes is $250 why wouldn't I do this for and extra $50?

HD Radio Receiver, w/iPod® Connectivity

Part Number: A7FCS-HDRADIO-B

MSRP: $299.00

thanks

This really needs to be in a different thread but,

I bought and installed the HD radio upgrade with iPod interface. It is not a replacement head unit but a new plug in harness and 2 black box modules that mount in the console below and behind the radio. The ipod interface has a cable that ends up as a pigtail in the center console for your ipod to plug in to.

The menus all interface on the factory head unit. Mine is the Nav unit so the menus are slightly different on the Shaker units. But it adds HD radio functions to your radio. The the difference in sound quality between the standard FM station and its HDradio version is amazing. FAR better than FM or Sirrius. CD quality. The iPod interface presents artist, title, track and playlist info on your head unit display and allows you to flip through your ipod music library by any of them. The title and artist are displayed on the head unit while playing. You select all music on the head unit, never touching the ipod itself.

I bought a used gen3 60gb ipod and while it took me a few hours to learn itunes software and the ipod itself, the interface works fine if a bit slow. Selecting tunes on the 6 disks of mp3s in the head unit is much faster. If you want an ipod interface, it works as advertised. For me, I should not have bought the Ipod. The HD radio though was well worth the upgrade as a factory option.

This really needs to be in a different thread but,

I bought and installed the HD radio upgrade with iPod interface. It is not a replacement head unit but a new plug in harness and 2 black box modules that mount in the console below and behind the radio. The ipod interface has a cable that ends up as a pigtail in the center console for your ipod to plug in to.

The menus all interface on the factory head unit. Mine is the Nav unit so the menus are slightly different on the Shaker units. But it adds HD radio functions to your radio. The the difference in sound quality between the standard FM station and its HDradio version is amazing. FAR better than FM or Sirrius. CD quality. The iPod interface presents artist, title, track and playlist info on your head unit display and allows you to flip through your ipod music library by any of them. The title and artist are displayed on the head unit while playing. You select all music on the head unit, never touching the ipod itself.

I bought a used gen3 60gb ipod and while it took me a few hours to learn itunes software and the ipod itself, the interface works fine if a bit slow. Selecting tunes on the 6 disks of mp3s in the head unit is much faster. If you want an ipod interface, it works as advertised. For me, I should not have bought the Ipod. The HD radio though was well worth the upgrade as a factory option.

I have Nav and was told this wasn't an option and didn't work with Nav. Can you provide a URL to the part(s)?

Thanks!

Downside - the plug doesn't match the old mirror. And you need to run the temp probe wire somewhere. That wasn't too difficult. The hardest part - just getting the old mirror off. There's a little clip that you push so you can slide the mirror off the mounting plate. That's a bitch.

+1 on getting the mirror off.

I put on the Gentex (oem's the ford mirror) K50 with Homelink and temp on my wifes GT and could not get it off using a mirror removal tool. Brought the car down to the local Ford dealer and they could not remove it and recommended bringing it to a glass shop. The glass shop couldn't get if off using the tool either and ended up melting the mount button off with a heat gun. Getting the mirror off is definately the hardest part of the job.

Kirk

+1 on getting the mirror off.

I put on the Gentex (oem's the ford mirror) K50 with Homelink and temp on my wifes GT and could not get it off using a mirror removal tool. Brought the car down to the local Ford dealer and they could not remove it and recommended bringing it to a glass shop. The glass shop couldn't get if off using the tool either and ended up melting the mount button off with a heat gun. Getting the mirror off is definately the hardest part of the job.

Kirk

A bout spare tire My buddy has a body shop in new manual of ford under shelby gt 500,theris part # for stell rim jack ant the etc. hold down price sperate but he will cut 30% which is his cost. Check your bodyshop near you.!!!

Archived