TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going in for TSB....hope they honor it

bumplime

In August of last year I started having some issues with being "locked out" of 2nd gear, difficulty engaging 1st gear as well as reverse. After a few calls I found a local dealer who is willing to go at the issue from the TSB standpoint. I certainly hope this is covered as Id rather not have to cover anything out of pocket, I do have a warranty if its not a TSB or wear item. Ive waited to take it in for so long because Ive been busy, and I have tried multiple times to blead the system and so far nothing has changed. Please all say a few words for me and the TSB. Id really like to enjoy my car and have it in the best driving scenario when I sell it or trade for the 2013.

I posted this info in the tsb4 thread but ill add here for anyhone who may be following.

Recieved my call today. Flywheel is bent, clutch is worn, synchros are broke, gears need replaced, input shafts need replaced etc. They want me to pay for the clutch and flywheel, wheI asked why I should pay for anything I was told that the clutch is a wear part and not covered by warranty or TSB. The TSb is a "guide" not a warranty etc, they told me to call Ford and file a complaint that even the service manager could not help me. Any and all advice is appreciated. I can afford the cost but Id rather not because I didnt cause the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Your service manager sucks!!! I took my '09 in a month before my warranty expired cuz the clutch was slipping. Fixed under warranty with no questions asked. I even left all my mods on when I took it in ( pulley, CAI, tune, shifter, springs). Service manager was awesome!!! Said they would do under warranty cuz they stress taking care of the customer especially when it is a KNOWN issue. I didn't even buy my car from this dealership, but their service dept is great, I always use them.

• 5 weeks later...

Your service manager sucks!!! I took my '09 in a month before my warranty expired cuz the clutch was slipping. Fixed under warranty with no questions asked. I even left all my mods on when I took it in ( pulley, CAI, tune, shifter, springs). Service manager was awesome!!! Said they would do under warranty cuz they stress taking care of the customer especially when it is a KNOWN issue. I didn't even buy my car from this dealership, but their service dept is great, I always use them.

Where are you in TX? What Dealer? Thanks!

Archived