TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 SS Pricing

Could someone give me a rough idea of what used SS"s would go for? Within reason, I know there are different options. I have seen a few 07's recently and I'm weighing the 2013 against a used SS. If you could list model years and rough estimate of retail that would be great. Any insight into this comparision is appreciated.

Could someone give me a rough idea of what used SS"s would go for? Within reason, I know there are different options. I have seen a few 07's recently and I'm weighing the 2013 against a used SS. If you could list model years and rough estimate of retail that would be great. Any insight into this comparision is appreciated.

Here is a recent (last week) sale on eBay for a 725 with low miles...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3a711509e4

There was a Vista Blue 725 on eBay a couple of months ago that was not presented well, dirty, scratches, etc. with higher miles than the one linked above, like maybe 6500+ miles and it struggled to $50K.

Here is its link.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cfd11f75e

So my guess would be, for a nice 725 expect to pay a minimum of $55K and realistically more like $60K+ or - and for a Nice low mile example in a "good color" (don't ask me what is a good color) and with good factory options, it "could" get closer to $70K. If you are looking at a 605 horse (convert. etc.), I don't have enough realistic info. to quote any real numbers.

If it is a 2008 or 2009, the price could go up some, but the 2007's were the 40th anniv. models.

Also remember, unlike a Super Snake that is built now, the early cars had a very short list for Super Snake options that were available for install at Shelby.

R

Sorry to hijack but DAMN, looks like its been rode hard and put up filthy.

Here is the link.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cfd11f75e

I was trying to be polite in my discription when I linked that Vista 725, but yes, it does not look like it was taken care of like many owners of an original cost $80K-$90K car would invision it to be, especially at only 4-5 years old. I was also surprised at the wear on the drivers bucket bolster, for only 6600 miles, and then the other obvious things shown in the pictures. This is why this car sold at a lower than normal $$$, it was not presented well.

R

Well I bought the Vista Blue one you mention off ebay for a little under 50k. I was a little apprehensive at first as yes the car looked filthy in the pictures. After talking to the guy on the phone it seemed to good to be true as he was very honest and seemed upfront about everything including the one and only very small chip in the passenger wheel well that Shelby did to it. By the time I went to go look at the car it had been detailed very well and was sitting storage inside the back of an auto parts store. You have to remember that car was in Snyder Texas and the area is a dust bowl. Anyway the car was damn near perfect when i picked it up and other than the driver seat bolster needs nothing. it had never been in the rain the tires and rims and paint are perfect and honestly he was a little afraid of the car and his wife made him sell it. After asking why such a low reserve he wanted to make sure it sold and was realistic about what he thought the value was. i also asked why he didn't detail the car before ebay he didn't really have an answer other than it was real windy the day he was taking pictures and he doesn't need the money at all (thats a complete other tragic story) but let me just say i feel like i stole the car and he is one of the nicest most honest people I have ever dealt with. The car is in as new condition inside and out other than the seat which i have already replaced. I really don't think what i paid for the car is an indication of what they are worth he just didn't take the time to clean the car before listing it.

Well I bought the Vista Blue one you mention off ebay for a little under 50k. I was a little apprehensive at first as yes the car looked filthy in the pictures. After talking to the guy on the phone it seemed to good to be true as he was very honest and seemed upfront about everything including the one and only very small chip in the passenger wheel well that Shelby did to it. By the time I went to go look at the car it had been detailed very well and was sitting storage inside the back of an auto parts store. You have to remember that car was in Snyder Texas and the area is a dust bowl. Anyway the car was damn near perfect when i picked it up and other than the driver seat bolster needs nothing. it had never been in the rain the tires and rims and paint are perfect and honestly he was a little afraid of the car and his wife made him sell it. After asking why such a low reserve he wanted to make sure it sold and was realistic about what he thought the value was. i also asked why he didn't detail the car before ebay he didn't really have an answer other than it was real windy the day he was taking pictures and he doesn't need the money at all (thats a complete other tragic story) but let me just say i feel like i stole the car and he is one of the nicest most honest people I have ever dealt with. The car is in as new condition inside and out other than the seat which i have already replaced. I really don't think what i paid for the car is an indication of what they are worth he just didn't take the time to clean the car before listing it.

Congrats on the steal of the century. That is one awesome car for that price. You don't find many people like that seller was.

You got a good deal for sure.

Were the fine scratches that appeared in the pictures not really there? It appeared that dust/sand had been on some of the polished parts and instead of blowing the dust off with compressed air, a rag (or something) had been wiped over the polished parts causing scratches in the polished surfaces. It may have just been the lighting and the surface not being clean? I couldn't tell for sure.

You got the best deal on a 725 that I have seen so far, especially with only 6500 original miles.

Glad you chimed in to update us on this car.

BTW - You know we need to see some current/cleaned pictures...............

R

Thanks I feel like I stole the car it was kind of hard not to tell him your letting it go way to cheap but....and no the polished aluminum was not scratched nor was the paint. The paint had one small real light surface scratch that I easily rubbed out and the hood needed to be buffed out to bring the original shine all the way back but all in all i spent about 5 hours detailing the car back to showroom condition. I used to paint cars for a living so the paint has to be perfect for me i plan to drive it a lot 2-3 times a week. One question i have for anyone who might know is it has the Eibach suspension in it and the road noise is quite loud especially on certain concrete roads almost echoing inside does anyone know if this is normal? On asphalt its pretty quiet it has the original Pirelli tires on it. i will post pics on the site as soon as the weather out here in norcal clears up it's been raining for 3 days straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I feel like I stole the car it was kind of hard not to tell him your letting it go way to cheap but....and no the polished aluminum was not scratched nor was the paint. The paint had one small real light surface scratch that I easily rubbed out and the hood needed to be buffed out to bring the original shine all the way back but all in all i spent about 5 hours detailing the car back to showroom condition. I used to paint cars for a living so the paint has to be perfect for me i plan to drive it a lot 2-3 times a week. One question i have for anyone who might know is it has the Eibach suspension in it and the road noise is quite loud especially on certain concrete roads almost echoing inside does anyone know if this is normal? On asphalt its pretty quiet it has the original Pirelli tires on it. i will post pics on the site as soon as the weather out here in norcal clears up it's been raining for 3 days straight.

Congrats on an outstanding deal (especially considering the polished Kenne Bell)!

Who is the Texas authorized SA shop and where is it located? What did the seller mean by the car was on order for 2 years? Was he referring to the GT500 model? I'm in Danville. Do you belong to any clubs in the area?

Who is the Texas authorized SA shop and where is it located? What did the seller mean by the car was on order for 2 years? Was he referring to the GT500 model? I'm in Danville. Do you belong to any clubs in the area?

They may have been refering to the length of time that it took from the point when the $10K deposit was placed for the Super Snake conversion, and the time when the car was completed and received. There was a very long wait back in the early days of Super Snake production...........

I believe it is/was Quantum Performance, Farmer's Branch Texas.

R

Yes it was Quantum and he had it on order for 2 years total from the time it took him to get the gt500 and until the conversion was done. He had to wait over a year for the conversion. He gave me all the paper work and invoices that show when it was ordered to the time delivered. He was in the car 109K. I will post pics as soon as it stops raining here and I can take some. To ceswert I am not in any shelby clubs but am in the Pantera (POCA) club as I have a Pantera and a 69 boss 302 as well I live in Pleasanton just down the road from you. What year and color is your SS?

Good morning. I own an 07, #73 in Performance White. I bought the GT500 with 2400 miles on it back in mid 2007. That's when asking prices were still pretty high. I saved a little buying a slightly used one. I had it converted a few months later in LV. As I remember the conversion took a couple of months. I now have 22,000 miles on it. I just sold my 74 Pantera to a guy in NY. My recent purchase of the 67 Shelby GT350 forced me to sell the Pantera, a 69 Mach 1 r code and a 72 Mach 1 q code. The Pantera was a great car but I needed to raise capital to afford the Shelby. Also, I wasn't driving these cars enough due to other obligations. Sounds like you have a nice collection of cars. Thanks for the reply!

congratulations miked17, great price for such a beautiful car, I'm in your area as well, I live in Modesto and have 07SS0125. A black 725hp. I also have a 69 Mach1 and a 69 Shelby GT350.

ceswert, did you by any chance live or store your cars in Orinda for awhile, I did a job on a street in orinda with the same car collection in the driveway, I used to drive by real slow and drool. I wanted to stop by and say Hello but I didn't want to bother you or whoever had the cool collection.

see you guys around, Dan

Archived