TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No track pak on Canadian model

Duncan4169

Must be some obscure regulation that won't allow part of it in Canada? Or do you think the colder temperatures are an issue with parts of that pack??? Hey, it never sucks to be Canadian. My grandfather fought in World War II, and he would tell me when the crap hits the fan, its always good to look next to you and see a Canadian soldier. He always thought VERY highly of all Canadians.

Must be some obscure regulation that won't allow part of it in Canada? Or do you think the colder temperatures are an issue with parts of that pack??? Hey, it never sucks to be Canadian. My grandfather fought in World War II, and he would tell me when the crap hits the fan, its always good to look next to you and see a Canadian soldier. He always thought VERY highly of all Canadians.

Canada is one of the best things that ever happened to America... :salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg

Canada is one of the best things that ever happened to America... :salute:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg

And vice versa, the USA is one of the best things to happen to Canada. In any good relationship, it takes two to tango and Canada and the USA dance well together.

QSS

PS Excellent video.

PPS If you want the track pack that bad, just go buy a GT500 in the US. It's pretty simple, that's the beauty of "free trade".

I can remember as a boy my Grandfather telling me stories of his WWII days. He was a belly gunner in a B25 Mitchell. The navigator was originally Canadian and had moved to the US a couple of years earlier. He would tell that the navigator(I forgot his name now) was the toughest man he had ever met. On one mission I believe the side gunner took some shrapnel in his leg from a flak burst. The navigator refused to let the ambulance corpsman on the plane when they landed. Instead he "picked him up and carried him clean across the tarmac to the waiting jeep". That's the one thing that always stuck with me... how tough and loyal Canadians are.

WOW! I'm both embarrassed and honoured by the response from my off the cuff comment about sometimes sucking to be a Canadian. First off, let there be no doubt that I am proud to be a Canadian. As a retired member of the Royal Canadian Navy (we regained the title "Royal" last year) with 26 years and 286 days of service (but who's counting) I feel exceptionally lucky be Canadian. Having seem a large portion of world from Argentina to Portugal to Yugoslavia to the UAE to Egypt to Belgium to England to France to Italy to Uruguay to Brazil to Mexico to multiple Caribbean islands to Norway to Iceland to Yemen to many ports in the Med and many more places that I've forgotten about. I can categorically state that any idiot who says that they would rather live somewhere else than in North America, is nuts PERIOD. The complaint in my previous post deals with the fact that despite being so close with the US and having such an integrated economy we cannot always get the same options or choices when purchasing vehicles or other items. As Canadians we also often face exorbitant fees and taxes when shipping from US vendors. This is caused by various shipping company fees; I’m looking at you FEDEX and UPS, as well as Canadian duties and taxes (so much for “Free Trade”). The free shipping within the continental USA can very quickly become a three-figure charge for orders north of the border, trust me I have lots of experience with that, and let’s not even talk about the currency exchange rate. Having said that and looking past the usual political posturing from pundits from both sides of the border (I can’t remember the name of the jerk-off who referred to Canada as “Soviet Canukistan” or the asinine member of Parliament (some woman named Parris I believe) who publicly insulted your President. We, as Canadians despite or different political system share so much with our US neighbours, my wife comes from loyalist stock and has many American relatives, as do most Canadians. You depend on us just we depend on you, we are family and just like any family we don’t always agree, and we may occasionally fight (politically), but when the chips are down, such as 9-11 when US bound aircraft landed and Canadian Airports or for natural disasters we know the US can depend on Canadian support just as we can count on US support.

WOW! I'm both embarrassed and honoured by the response from my off the cuff comment about sometimes sucking to be a Canadian. First off, let there be no doubt that I am proud to be a Canadian. As a retired member of the Royal Canadian Navy (we regained the title "Royal" last year) with 26 years and 286 days of service (but who's counting) I feel exceptionally lucky be Canadian. Having seem a large portion of world from Argentina to Portugal to Yugoslavia to the UAE to Egypt to Belgium to England to France to Italy to Uruguay to Brazil to Mexico to multiple Caribbean islands to Norway to Iceland to Yemen to many ports in the Med and many more places that I've forgotten about. I can categorically state that any idiot who says that they would rather live somewhere else than in North America, is nuts PERIOD. The complaint in my previous post deals with the fact that despite being so close with the US and having such an integrated economy we cannot always get the same options or choices when purchasing vehicles or other items. As Canadians we also often face exorbitant fees and taxes when shipping from US vendors. This is caused by various shipping company fees; I’m looking at you FEDEX and UPS, as well as Canadian duties and taxes (so much for “Free Trade”). The free shipping within the continental USA can very quickly become a three-figure charge for orders north of the border, trust me I have lots of experience with that, and let’s not even talk about the currency exchange rate. Having said that and looking past the usual political posturing from pundits from both sides of the border (I can’t remember the name of the jerk-off who referred to Canada as “Soviet Canukistan” or the asinine member of Parliament (some woman named Parris I believe) who publicly insulted your President. We, as Canadians despite or different political system share so much with our US neighbours, my wife comes from loyalist stock and has many American relatives, as do most Canadians. You depend on us just we depend on you, we are family and just like any family we don’t always agree, and we may occasionally fight (politically), but when the chips are down, such as 9-11 when US bound aircraft landed and Canadian Airports or for natural disasters we know the US can depend on Canadian support just as we can count on US support.

Well said...Where in NS are you ?...Maybe we can meet up sometime...I'm from Cape Breton but go to Halifax quite often.

Well said...Where in NS are you ?...Maybe we can meet up sometime...I'm from Cape Breton but go to Halifax quite often.

I'm from the HRM, specifically Mineville. I'm a director of the Nova Scotia Mustang. I beleive there is a plan a foot to organize meet for the Mustang Clubs of PEI, NB and NS sometime this summer. This event is open to all Mustang owners, not just club members. Failing that, shoot me a line next time you're down here, depending on the date we could probably do a cruise with the Club.

I'm from the HRM, specifically Mineville. I'm a director of the Nova Scotia Mustang. I beleive there is a plan a foot to organize meet for the Mustang Clubs of PEI, NB and NS sometime this summer. This event is open to all Mustang owners, not just club members. Failing that, shoot me a line next time you're down here, depending on the date we could probably do a cruise with the Club.

Will do that...I'll have to enter my Cobra ...Don't think I would be welcomed with the ZR1 in a Mustang club... :doh:

Will do that...I'll have to enter my Cobra ...Don't think I would be welcomed with the ZR1 in a Mustang club... :doh:

Funny you should say that. Our Mustang Club is looking at doing a meet and greet/show and shine with the local Corvette Club sometime this summer, somewhere in South Shore of NS. You're more than welcome to attend (in either car). I should get more information at tonights club meeting.

Funny you should say that. Our Mustang Club is looking at doing a meet and greet/show and shine with the local Corvette Club sometime this summer, somewhere in South Shore of NS. You're more than welcome to attend (in either car). I should get more information at tonights club meeting.

Now that would be awesome let me know...The Cobra is a fun ride but anything over a 2 hour run and you've had enough...South shore from

here is a 4 plus hour drive...Like I say let me know after your club meeting tonight what you guys got planned.

Now that would be awesome let me know...The Cobra is a fun ride but anything over a 2 hour run and you've had enough...South shore from

here is a 4 plus hour drive...Like I say let me know after your club meeting tonight what you guys got planned.

Unfortunately the meet is on hold for the time being. The Corvette Club member in charge of this fell sick and is presently in the hospital. I'll let you knonw of any new developments.

By the way back in '07 I decided that if I wasn't able to get a GT500, a 427 Cobra was definately in my future.

Unfortunately the meet is on hold for the time being. The Corvette Club member in charge of this fell sick and is presently in the hospital. I'll let you knonw of any new developments.

By the way back in '07 I decided that if I wasn't able to get a GT500, a 427 Cobra was definately in my future.

Sorry to hear about the club member...this one is only a replica and I'm running a 302 stroker eng ( 347cui ).

Well when ever you get the times and where just let me know I would love to attend.

Sorry to hear about the club member...this one is only a replica and I'm running a 302 stroker eng ( 347cui ).

Well when ever you get the times and where just let me know I would love to attend.

I can't afford an original Cobra, so a replice would have been my choice. I would have gone with a Jaguar independant rear and a modern 5 or 6 speed transmission.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived