TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 S197 Shelby Meet at Mid-America. Tulsa, OK

Staff

I am coming with my red vert and my buddy is bringing his black coupe. He will do the open track and I will not. We bring a group of about 20 people to this event every year. It has something for everyone. I was told by the organizer of this event that the new KR will be there.

Anyone else here signed up for the Wed 6/13 Hallet GT500 driving school?

Anyone know who the speakers might be for the Sat evening banquet? (I'm still trying to decide if its worth the $ for a shoe leather dinner experience again)

I will be there! :shift:

I am coming with my red vert and my buddy is bringing his black coupe. He will do the open track and I will not. We bring a group of about 20 people to this event every year. It has something for everyone. I was told by the organizer of this event that the new KR will be there.

Kool! I get to see my new hood! Would like to get a feel of the new shifter as well. Never been totally happy with the Steeda I have although better than stock. I understand the KR shifter is from Hurst. Might see some other neat items of use on the car as well and if I get the chance to look underneath....well the pants will come clean again......

I just wanted to make sure that everyone who is coming knows that the S197 Shelby OA will have a table set up during registration on Wed make sure to stop by and pick up your packets and goodies for the event. We are looking forward to meeting all the people and seeing all the cars. We will be there taking some photos on both track days for the site. We will also be at the Saturday banquet and will have giveaways donated for that evening.

Thanks Sharon

I just wanted to make sure that everyone who is coming knows that the S197 Shelby OA will have a table set up during registration on Wed make sure to stop by and pick up your packets and goodies for the event. We are looking forward to meeting all the people and seeing all the cars. We will be there taking some photos on both track days for the site. We will also be at the Saturday banquet and will have giveaways donated for that evening.

Thanks Sharon

You will be at the Marriot Hotel Wed or out at Hallet with the driving school?

Sharon,

Did you hear back from SAAC/SVT about the driving school? I registered (& paid) back in January. The initial e-mail I received from someone in Tulsa said that I should receive a confirmation e-mail about the school but I have heard nothing. It would be nice to know if I'm in, when to show up, etc.

Any help communicating with them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

SUMMARY OF EVENTS

WEDNESDAY: THE MID-AMERICA 33 TEAM AND DYNOMAX WELCOME YOU

Hallett Driver’s School, 8 a.m. sharp!

Early registration upstairs in the Redbud Room at the Tulsa

Marriott Southern Hills from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Taking the time to pick up your registration packet

and other necessary credentials will really expedite your admittance to the tracks and other events, i.e.,

the car show. It is extremely important not to wait until Sunday morning to enter your car in the popular

ballot show.

THURSDAY: FORD MUSTANG OPEN TRACK—HALLETT

Arrive Hallett 8:00 a.m. Look for the motorhome. Schedule of events and approximate timetable will

be available at registration. The track will close at 5:00 p.m. Pre-registration is strongly advised to

insure your place in the event. Cruisin’ Tulsa in the evening, sponsored by Steeda Autosports, leaving

from the hotel parking lot about 6:15. Registration from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hallett, then from 4:15

p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Redbud Room at the Marriott.

FRIDAY: FORD MUSTANG OPEN TRACK—HALLETT

Open Track continues at Hallett, 8:00 a.m. Regular sessions, On-track vintage car exhibition, and

Mustang Racing Technologies latemodel racecar exhibition, at speed. Timed lap program available, with

transponder rental. Track closes at 5 p.m. Pre-registration is very strongly recommended. Registration

from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at Hallett, then from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Redbud Room at the

Marriott. Informal reception, roundtable seminars, guest speakers, art and memorabilia show/sale from

7:00 - 9:00 p.m., in the hotel ballroom, just off the main lobby. Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration.

SATURDAY: GOODYEAR EAGLE DAY—TULSA RACEWAY PARK

HALLETT MOTOR RACING CIRCUIT OPEN TRACK

Open Track continues at Hallett 9:00 a.m., regular sessions and optional timed lap program available,

with transponder rental. Registration and gate opening at 9:00 a.m. Tulsa Raceway Park. Due to safety

considerations, gates will open for track personnel and vendors at 7:30 a.m. Gates open for racers 8:00

a.m. Practice from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. The schedule for the rest of the day will be given out at

tech-in. The FE Shootout, a trophy program, and powderpuff program will be available. Returning to

the Marriott, Happy Hour from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., with our banquet, evening program with guest

speakers, exciting entertainment, and our impressive array of door-prizes to follow.

SUNDAY: ALL FORD SUPER SHOW SPONSORED BY CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS

Registration at the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills, in the parking lot at 8:30 a.m. Look for the

motorhome!!! Popular ballot show and SAAC level concours for Shelby and Boss Mustangs. The

concours event is judged. CONCOURS PARTICIPATION IS BY PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! Please

note that balloting for the car show will end no later than 1:00 p.m. Lunch break from 12:30 to 1:30.

Awards for the car show and the concours are scheduled to begin at approximately 2:30, in the hotel

banquet room. Also, we ask you to please leave your cars parked in place at the car show area until

1:30 p.m.

PLEASE NOTE: THE PARTS SWAP CONTINUES THURSDAY - SUNDAY AT THE DAILY EVENT SITES

This is what I found out about the driving school.

Since we will be there but probably without the car...long story...I wonder if any of you with the modified cars would mine taking me for ride. I still have to sell the CSX before any modifications can be done but I'm dying to know what it's like.

Gary

the speakers are Robert Parker from Ford who runs car marketing and ......me ....lol

Everyone is having a great time, come say hello

met kaylan today, nice guy!

Amy

Hello,

Robert and I just got home from the show. It was a great show and meet lots of members. Amy and her team were there and are a fantastic group of people. Also got to see the GT500KR and the Super Snake together. I have lots of photos that I will get them up tomorrow. Oh yeah one more thing as the Super Snake was getting put away, I got a ride in it. All I have to say is if you think it is amazing in photos, Nothing compares to it in person. And once I sat in it they almost had to put me in the truck, I did not want to get out.

Glad to see you made it home ok. We also got home today. What a blast driving my Shelby at Hallett. Thanks for the good food. Was a pleasure to meet you and Robert. Thanks again...

Glad to see you made it home ok. We also got home today. What a blast driving my Shelby at Hallett. Thanks for the good food. Was a pleasure to meet you and Robert. Thanks again...

Thanks, we really had a good time. I loved seeing all the cars. I think there was total including the ones in the parking lot. 15 GT500 and 8 Shelby GT at this event. Looking forward to seeing you all again. :drop: Now I am going to drop from the 12 hour drive.

My wife Louise and I just got in late last night as well. What a great event. Had a GREAT time a the driving school and open track days at Hallet. Jeff (Sprint200) gave me an E-Ticket ride in his GT500 on the track. With its full track preped suspension and Hoosier slicks, the car reall goes around the track. Was a night and day difference from mine. So for this event anyway, GO really was the fastest color....

What a ride! Thanks Jeff!

Car show was pretty nifty with 12 GT500s in attendence along with several hundred very rare Fords. Its really hard to stand out in this crowd, a show unlike any other in the country.

Thanks Sharon for the warm welcome and great BBQ lunch!

Now I am off to Atyrau for a week.....oh well, gotta earn a living to support these habits.

My wife Louise and I just got in late last night as well. What a great event. Had a GREAT time a the driving school and open track days at Hallet. Jeff (Sprint200) gave me an E-Ticket ride in his GT500 on the track. With its full track preped suspension and Hoosier slicks, the car reall goes around the track. Was a night and day difference from mine. So for this event anyway, GO really was the fastest color....

What a ride! Thanks Jeff!

Car show was pretty nifty with 12 GT500s in attendence along with several hundred very rare Fords. Its really hard to stand out in this crowd, a show unlike any other in the country.

Thanks Sharon for the warm welcome and great BBQ lunch!

Now I am off to Atyrau for a week.....oh well, gotta earn a living to support these habits.

It was really nice to meet you to. We had a local place called Babb Boys BBQ bring in the lunch for all the members and guests. It was so good. Its to bad that it started to rain but we got pretty lucky all week. It looked like it was going to rain every day.

:happy feet: SLICKS???? O My!!!! works for me and thanks!!

Gary

Gary, I'm sorry I missed you. We were late getting back from Hallett that night and ended up parked in the dry cleaners parking lot at the south end of the street (just before the rain hit). I never dreamed there would be that many cars for the cruise night!

edit: Did we meet at Hallett on Friday? Are you from Des Moines? If so it was nice talking with you and your wife.

Archived