TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ProCharger - time to add HP

Is anyone running a Procharger? Can you tell me your likes, dislikes, and how long you been running it/ I am trying to decide between a ProCharger and a Whipple. I know they are two different animals but i am trying to get some options. Thanks in advance!

TNTChris

Is anyone running a Procharger? Can you tell me your likes, dislikes, and how long you been running it/ I am trying to decide between a ProCharger and a Whipple. I know they are two different animals but i am trying to get some options. Thanks in advance!

TNTChris

for the street-Whipple/KB/EF/Roush

for the dragstrip-Procharger/Turbo and a built engine

PS. what bloodline is your AB?

for the street-Whipple/KB/EF/Roush

for the dragstrip-Procharger/Turbo and a built engine

Ditto. If you aren't building the motor, both will push the limit of stock, so get the whipple and have the instant torque.

I assume the procharger is the same/similar to the paxton and that means you may not be able to be smog certified. Important if you live in an area with emissions checks or if there will be emission checks in the future. SAI will not install the paxton on the 2007 SGT as they are no longer smog certified.

You would want to check with procharger on the system you want to make sure it's been carb approved. That certification is available for centri's, paxton just didn't get it for the 07's for some reason if I recall correctly.

Whipple, Pro-Charger, Kenne-Bell, Paxton......did you check out the Edelbrock E-force perchance?

Ok, I'm a little biased just because the E-force is what I installed!

Sam

My buddy just did a install on a customers mustang with the E-force he was very impressed by it and how smooth it ran at low rpms. Then jumping on it made it feel like 2 different cars and install was easy. My drives a Saleen that is scary fast so for him to be saying he likes it is schocking to me.

Hey guys I found the Ford racing Whipple charger kit on the Ford Racing Parts Direct site for $6795 plus free shipping! SPP has it for $6995 plus shipping? I would rather buy it thru Shelby, do you think they will match the price? Has anyone ever bought anything thru Ford Racing Parts Direct? Let me know your thoughts or if I am missing out on a better deal somewhere else! I wish had the $$$$'s to send it to Las Vegas to get the SGT/SC pack.

Thanks

Chris

Hey guys I found the Ford racing Whipple charger kit on the Ford Racing Parts Direct site for $6795 plus free shipping! SPP has it for $6995 plus shipping? I would rather buy it thru Shelby, do you think they will match the price? Has anyone ever bought anything thru Ford Racing Parts Direct? Let me know your thoughts or if I am missing out on a better deal somewhere else! I wish had the $$$$'s to send it to Las Vegas to get the SGT/SC pack.

Thanks

Chris

Makes no difference buying it from Shelby other than price !!!

Thanks

Chris

I ordered a replacement Air filter from them on the 27th of Feb. They didn't ship it until the 8th of March and that took me calling to see where my tracking number was, since I hadn't received it yet. The guy at the order desk called the warehouse and he told me it would go out today (meaning the 8th). BS that it took that long for them to ship,11 total days and 9 business days and I still don't have it.

I know it's no high dollar part like the Whipple but it should still get the same attention regardless. I won't order from them again and their getting a negative review when I do get my part. They could have easily said we made a mistake and forgot to ship it, offered a discount on something else or something like that.

A little customer service would have gone a long way in this case. You can take your chances with them but I personally wouldn't. Have you checked Lethal performance? They usually have good deals.

Jeff

I ordered a replacement Air filter from them on the 27th of Feb. They didn't ship it until the 8th of March and that took me calling to see where my tracking number was, since I hadn't received it yet. The guy at the order desk called the warehouse and he told me it would go out today (meaning the 8th). BS that it took that long for them to ship,11 total days and 9 business days and I still don't have it.

I know it's no high dollar part like the Whipple but it should still get the same attention regardless. I won't order from them again and their getting a negative review when I do get my part. They could have easily said we made a mistake and forgot to ship it, offered a discount on something else or something like that.

A little customer service would have gone a long way in this case. You can take your chances with them but I personally wouldn't. Have you checked Lethal performance? They usually have good deals.

Jeff

Buy from someone who will care about your spending with them again. If it would cost 400.00 more from AM its worth it too me I know if there was a problem. I would not be screaming in to the phone. They over night a sideview mirror glass for me at no charge.

Whipple, Pro-Charger, Kenne-Bell, Paxton......did you check out the Edelbrock E-force perchance?

Ok, I'm a little biased just because the E-force is what I installed!

Sam

+1

What Sam said...

Hey Guys with Superchargers,

Do I have to change out my stock clutch on my 07 SGT if I add a supercharger? I am planning on doing a kit supercharger and I am wondering what other necssary expenses I am going to run into? Bascially I am blowing my wad and I am not going to have any $$$$'s left after purchasing the kit. Soooooooooo I am wandering how many times I am going to have to use the wives credit card to purchase other needed items? LOL.

Thanks

Chris

when I got my car back from GT/SC install, the clutch would slip at high RPM levels from the get go. I drove it like that until it went, which if I recall was about 3k miles. I would recommend that you invest in one when you get the Whipple installed. Will be easier to install also, the Whipple is awfully close to the firewall.

He has a REAL good point, it basically requires removing the blower to tilt the motor back for the clutch. If you can swing it, it'll be a little cheaper (I was quoted one hour labor additional) to do it pre-blower.

The clutch can be installed without removing the Whipple. I went thru this same clearance issue question with my Ford mechanic who thought there was a possibility that the Whipple might have to be removed to get the proper engine tilt to install the clutch. He ended up installing the clutch without the need to remove the Whipple.

The stock clutch won't last you long so you might as well put in a twin disc now and be done with it. My first clutch replacement was a SPEC Stage 3+ single disc unit which was nothing but problems and once it was removed at 1,000 miles, the Ford mechanics said it was "toast." I then went with a Ram clutch, Force 10.5, which was highly recommended by a local Mustang mod shop. Interestingly, this Mustang shop refuses to recommend or use SPEC clutches anymore due to the many issues they have had with their clutches and poor customer service at SPEC. They now prefer, and recommend, the Ram twin disc to all their GT 500 customers as a replacement clutch.

Also, McLeod is another clutch that seems to be well constructed and has been around forever.

Thanks!!! I will check into clutches. Can someone tell me how to get to the link for pricing and what is included to have Shelby do the SC? Also, for those who had the supercharger installed at a ford dealer what was you cost?

Thanks

Chris

McCleod RST twin-disk with matching flywheel for me! Clutch pedal feel is very light, maybe even lighter than the stock clutch!

Installation went smoothly - the clearance issue discussed above can be bypassed (somewhat) by "clocking" the transmission as it is removed/reinstalled. In other words, you have to twist the transmission (clockwise or counter-clockwise, I can't remember which) as you remove/reinstall.

Sam

Skip the McLeod IMO I've been fighting mine for 8 months now. I'm on my second clutch flywheel matched combo and have had the tranny out 3 time! $3400 of wasted money. Car shifts great at first and with more heat and mileage the shifting gets worse. I've replaced the csc,and I'm running a braided stainless line etc. Car was shifting great with my spec 2+ just had a funky chirp on down shifts, at this point I would gladly deal with the noise vs a clutch that doesn't function properly

I changed my clutch with the whipple on the motor, it can be done, but is more of a pain in the arse if you ask me. As far as brand to go with, IMO, there have been people that have had problems with each and every brand out there. At best it is a crap shoot if you get a good one or not, also has to do with the install I think.

Archived