TEAM SHELBY FORUM

True Forged billet floor jack inserts/adapters for pinch welds

Boidster

Just FYI. I saw this on another forum and immediately bought one. I was able to jack up the car at the rear K-member mount point, but these will make me feel safer when jacking. I have no connection to TF or Revan Racing. Couldn't find these on the TF site, but possibly you could buy them direct from TF if you called.

http://www.revanracing.com/products/true-forged-billet-jacking-insert.html

B880FBE7__85525_std.jpgIMG_5546__77170_std.JPGphoto-18__07845_std.jpg

Yeah I wish my jack was that nice. Those are photos from either TF or Revan Racing. My jack is a generic something-or-other from Harbor Freight. Works pretty well, but it's made I think of stamped steel; much less solidly built than the one in the picture.

Yeah I wish my jack was that nice. Those are photos from either TF or Revan Racing. My jack is a generic something-or-other from Harbor Freight. Works pretty well, but it's made I think of stamped steel; much less solidly built than the one in the picture.

I guess it was just ironic, I had been looking just the other day online for a decent low profile jack. All the ones I had seen if the price I was willing to pay had terrible reviews. I thought you may have bought that adapter and a nice new jack together.

I think the one I have is this one. It's not really low-profile, but the snout is long enough to reach well under the GT500. The cushioned lower handle protects from paint damage and makes it easy to twist the release open while bent over watching the car settle onto a jack stand.

I don't put stickers on my car, but instead I put them onto the jack. Like the Revan Racing sticker, the JLT Performance sticker, AMSOIL, etc. It's my cheap NASCAR jack. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Those pics are actually of my car and the prototype jack pad. The jack is actually a Harbor Freight 1.5 ton aluminum low profile "racing' jack. It is a very nice jack for the cost.

The jack rails themselves are awesome and should work with just about any descent, stndard jack. My car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs and the HF jack and TF jack pad fit under the car with plenty of clearance.

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not, these work well for jacking up your Shelby at the pinch weld points Ford specifies for jacking. The "V" slot fits perfectly into the pinch weld and the bench block fits into the cup on your floor jack. Are made of non-marring tough nylon. Some cars might need a slight amount of material removed from the plastic rocker panel at the jack points for the blocks to fit. Not necessary for my Shelby.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26833/sku=928-100-000/Product/Nylon-Bench-Block

Those pics are actually of my car and the prototype jack pad. The jack is actually a Harbor Freight 1.5 ton aluminum low profile "racing' jack. It is a very nice jack for the cost.

The jack rails themselves are awesome and should work with just about any descent, stndard jack. My car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs and the HF jack and TF jack pad fit under the car with plenty of clearance.

I purchased these also from Van. They are excellent and coincidentally this is my jack - http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-lightweight-aluminum-racing-jack-with-rapid-pump-68051.html

Colin

• 5 months later...

Got one of these in the mail today. Fits in the slots near the rear tires perfectly. Cannot for the life of me get it to fit in the front cutouts. It is just too wide. Am I missing something here?

The same happens to me. It fits perfectly near the rear tires but not at the front :yahoo:

Contacted Van on the issue. He was not aware there was an issue with the 2012's, but they are already working on a revised version for the 2013's. I'm assuming that version will fit the 12's also. Will probably just return it and wait for the other.

Archived