TEAM SHELBY FORUM

water sitting on hood

i was just waxing my hood and looking at the passenger side where the dip is,and thinking of last year after washing the car and the water sitting there and leaving a stain mark has anyone else had this problem.i was trying to think of a way to solve this,any ideas thks

Don't ever allow standing water to sit on the stripes. Wash and immediately dry. Often the spots fade, but just as often they don't, and there is no way, short of replacing the stripe, to resolve it.

Review this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/37527-the-stripes-thread/

Also, when ever you wash the H, gently open the hood an let the water drain off the rear corners. That is what I do to get the bulk of the water off the hood before I dry. There's a little clean up under where the water goes, but not bad.

Don't ever allow standing water to sit on the stripes. Wash and immediately dry. Often the spots fade, but just as often they don't, and there is no way, short of replacing the stripe, to resolve it.

Review this thread:

http://www.teamshelb...stripes-thread/

Too true...............the matte black on the SS is real bad with water marks if you don't stay on top of it.

Also, when ever you wash the H, gently open the hood an let the water drain off the rear corners. That is what I do to get the bulk of the water off the hood before I dry. There's a little clean up under where the water goes, but not bad.

+1 this is what I do with my deep draw. Since it is open I cover the engine compartment with a towel and close the hood on it before I start.

Or you can do what I do and use a leaf blower to push the water off the hood. I also use the blower to do the majority of drying on the car. Works great on the mirrors and wheels were water likes to hide.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Archived