TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Pricing, Dealer Allocation, and ADM's

FastPny65

Dealer allocations on 2013 GT500s range from 1 to ?? Some I have talked to seem to think they will be hard to get. I don't know but am very curious. I know that there is no pricing out yet but dealers are taking deposits and with the build sheets available are getting orders ready.

I have spoken to a couple of different dealers and one told me that they were hearing prices of 5 to 10 thousand over MSRP. Are they serious? Don't these sell for MSRP or less or is an ADM of some amount to be expected?

I don't want to place an order with any dealer if they can't tell me or at least gaurentee ( I know someone knows how to spell gaurentee if I spelled it wrong, please educate me) me MSRP pricing or less. Is that an unreasonable expectation?

I would not place a deposit unless the dealer can put in writting that you will get the 2013 for MSRP. Even then some dealers are so sneaky that that wouldn't even matter. Most dealers will have ADMs, few wont. You are better off just waiting for the hype to die down, then getting one at MSRP with ease. You will not find one for less then MSRP at release. There are still many dealers who are not pricing down their 2012s.

I would not place a deposit unless the dealer can put in writting that you will get the 2013 for MSRP. Even then some dealers are so sneaky that that wouldn't even matter. Most dealers will have ADMs, few wont. You are better off just waiting for the hype to die down, then getting one at MSRP with ease. You will not find one for less then MSRP at release. There are still many dealers who are not pricing down their 2012s.

I got my 2011 in May of 2010, off the dealership floor for $1500 under sticker. IIRC, the earliest 2011's were avail in Mar/Apr 2010, so that was pretty close to release. The buzz around the 2011's was pretty intense as it was the first with the all-Al engine and the power was bumped and the SVTPP was introduced.

Car had a $10,000 ADM sticker on the window, but that was to keep the dreamers from asking for a test drive.

The power of the internet lets you search a huge area for a car. I always ask my local dealer for his best offer, but if he can't beat what I can get within a 4-hour drive, he loses out.

If you can't get it for under MSRP, just wait a while. People got hammered by the past two years of the bad economy. Cash is king, so show up with cash and you'll get a good deal.

ADMs on a 60 thousand dollar Mustang, GET REAL. I have never known a single soul who has ever paid the sticker price for a car let alone a ridiculous ADM. These '13s are going to see their values decline very sharply once the next generation Mustangs are on deck.

ADMs on a 60 thousand dollar Mustang, GET REAL. I have never known a single soul who has ever paid the sticker price for a car let alone a ridiculous ADM. These '13s are going to see their values decline very sharply once the next generation Mustangs are on deck.

You got that right, this is so funny, they will make as many as they can if sales are there. Limited my ass, nice ploy to make you think you have to get one now. A year from now they will probably have rebates.

You got that right, this is so funny, they will make as many as they can if sales are there. Limited my ass, nice ploy to make you think you have to get one now. A year from now they will probably have rebates.

I agree...They did the same back in 06 when the 07 were coming out.

You guys have short memories. In 2006, MOST PEOPLE paid huge ADM's. Sure, people here have their MSRP deals but these were NOT THE NORM. In SoCal, the smallest ADM in summer 2006 was $25k over sticker and they did in fact sell for that.

We will not see a repeat of 2006 but they will be more desirable than any year since the 2007. Expect ADMs. Count on it.

You guys have short memories. In 2006, MOST PEOPLE paid huge ADM's. Sure, people here have their MSRP deals but these were NOT THE NORM. In SoCal, the smallest ADM in summer 2006 was $25k over sticker and they did in fact sell for that.

We will not see a repeat of 2006 but they will be more desirable than any year since the 2007. Expect ADMs. Count on it.

Any one that pays ADM's deserves the HUGE depreciation hit they will take when they go for under MSRP a year later. The ZL1 right now is better than any Mustang built and based on all the rumors it will be $5k cheaper minimum than the 2013.

This is NOT 2007, the economy is MUCH worse, the Shelby CRAZE is over, and the Competition is as good or better value wise.

I still remember all the Dealers on this Forum talking about the ADM's would never end, of coarse they said that, they were the ones getting them. They made people feel like their 5K ADM was a steal LMAO

Where are all those Forum Members now?????? Most of them are GONE........LONG GONE.......

Sorry but 2007 the GT500 was $10-15K cheaper than the Roush, now you can get the Roush cheaper than the GT500 and maybe it does not have the 5.4 or 5.8, but it sure will Smoke a GT500 in most any comparison stock for stock.

Again anyone who pays ADM is a SUCKER this time around, 2007 Ford Lied so I get it, not this time.............

There is no limit to how many cars a dealer can take orders for period. Ford has stated they will make as many as they have actual customer orders for...it's that simple.

That said....If you have to be the first kid on the block to have one then expect to fall victim to some unscrupulous dealer looking to cash in on your impetuousness. There will be some good dealers out there who will be more than willing to take your order at a fair price probably below MSRP I'm sure.

It has been fun calling around this past week and talking to different dealers both near and far. Some say they have an allocation of one or two and a few performance dealers have more. Only two were willing to do MSRP. The others were 3 to 5 thousand ADM. Just about all said that Ford was requiring the dealerships to pay Ford to stay in the GT500 "program?" this year if they wanted to be able to order a GT500. I am assuming that is true because I heard that from more than one, two of them were also Rousch outlets. A couple of the dealers frequent the forums and were among those asking for an ADM and one stated the dealers he had surveyed would be asking 5 to 10K over MSRP. I have a signed agreement/order and the dealer has my deposit for a less than MSRP sale price. As soon as the system will take the order it's in.

It has been fun calling around this past week and talking to different dealers both near and far. Some say they have an allocation of one or two and a few performance dealers have more. Only two were willing to do MSRP. The others were 3 to 5 thousand ADM. Just about all said that Ford was requiring the dealerships to pay Ford to stay in the GT500 "program?" this year if they wanted to be able to order a GT500. I am assuming that is true because I heard that from more than one, two of them were also Rousch outlets. A couple of the dealers frequent the forums and were among those asking for an ADM and one stated the dealers he had surveyed would be asking 5 to 10K over MSRP. I have a signed agreement/order and the dealer has my deposit for a less than MSRP sale price. As soon as the system will take the order it's in.

February 23, 2012

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC01169DC 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Dealer Enrollment

The purpose of this communication is to ensure dealers interested in being eligible for the 2013 & 2014 Model Year Shelby GT500 complete the certification enrollment process on FMCDealer no later than, March 11th, 2012.

SHELBY GT500 CERTIFICATION & ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS

Sales Certification: Dealerships will be required to maintain at least one Shelby GT500 certified sale consultant. Training requirements will be similar to those in the past and include web-based training. Specific training requirements and courses will be the topic of a future communication.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

A $2,000 enrollment fee will be billed to your P&A code in (2) annual installments of $1,000. This enrollment fee will provide your dealership the following materials:

• Product Brochures, Hero Cards, Technical Data Cards and all Shelby GT500 specific marketing materials

• Web based product training and product update Fordstar Broadcasts.

• Event Support

• Dealer/Consumer assistance through the Ford Performance Group

SHELBY GT500 ALLOCATION AND DISTRIBUTION PLAN

Dealers who complete the certification process will be eligible for the following allocation:

• One unit for any dealer that completes Certification Requirements

• Remaining production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula. This will be determined once dealer certification has been completed.

Enrollment process must be completed on FMCdealer by Sunday, March 11th, 2012 in order to be eligible for allocation in the 2013 and 2014 MY's.

ACTION REQUESTED

All enrollments must be competed via the FMC Dealer electronic enrollment process.

Complete the electronic enrollment form located on FMCDealer.com. Once logged in, continue to the sales tab. Select “Vehicle Sales Program” on the left side of the page and then click on “Shelby GT500 Dealer Program Enrollment”

Only the Dealer Principal will be able to complete the enrollment process.

QUESTIONS

Questions can be addressed to the Ford Performance call center at 1-800-367-3788

Yea..what Grabber said/posted. One of the Illinois dealers said that many of the Ford dealers in Chicagoland weren't signing up. Any feel on that subject from any other areas of the country?

Anybody have any experience buying an American car and bringing it to Canada? Is it as simple as putting on a Canadian plate? Is there import tax if I drive it across the border or any other certification needed?

With our dollar at nearly par and the apparent 10k jump in price you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to shop out of country....

Yea..what Grabber said/posted. One of the Illinois dealers said that many of the Ford dealers in Chicagoland weren't signing up. Any feel on that subject from any other areas of the country?

There has always been a fee from FMCO for dealers to be able to sell these cars. This time it happens to be $2000 for the two year span for the 2013-2014 model years. That's only $1000/year to be able to sell as many as they can/year. Nothing new here but some dealers would have you to believe that.

Back in May 2010 when I ordered my 2011, buying a car @ MSRP put about 5K profit in the dealers pocket. ( base model, no options )

A dealer putting an ADM on top of that = greed.

A person paying an ADM = stupid.

There has always been a fee from FMCO for dealers to be able to sell these cars. This time it happens to be $2000 for the two year span for the 2013-2014 model years. That's only $1000/year to be able to sell as many as they can/year. Nothing new here but some dealers would have you to believe that.

Im sorry, you are just wrong. Read Grabbers post again. That changed after they saw how they diluded the GT500 market 07-09

Ya gotta love the talk about "Limited Production". That concept defies common sense when used in the context of consumer items. Does anyone really believe that there will be a shortage of 60 thousand dollar Mustangs in their seventh year of production. Ford would absolutely love to sell 30,000 of these units with the margin they have. They will be extremely lucky to move 5,000 at these prices without factory sponsored incentives.

Anybody have any experience buying an American car and bringing it to Canada? Is it as simple as putting on a Canadian plate? Is there import tax if I drive it across the border or any other certification needed?

With our dollar at nearly par and the apparent 10k jump in price you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to shop out of country....

I looked into that but found thee was to much crap to deal with...The DRL's gotta get done then you have to add the tax in your

Province...You will save some but not as much as you think..At least that what I found but I'm sure there are some guys out

there that no how to go around the system and save big.

+1 on that

It took the ford dealer by me a year to sell his white shelby gt now he has 2 patriot mustangs sitting there for a long while and they will be sitting there for a long long time. He has the only 2 left in the whole wide world !!! Greed is like russian roulette

Dealer allocations on 2013 GT500s range from 1 to ?? Some I have talked to seem to think they will be hard to get. I don't know but am very curious. I know that there is no pricing out yet but dealers are taking deposits and with the build sheets available are getting orders ready.

I have spoken to a couple of different dealers and one told me that they were hearing prices of 5 to 10 thousand over MSRP. Are they serious? Don't these sell for MSRP or less or is an ADM of some amount to be expected?

I don't want to place an order with any dealer if they can't tell me or at least gaurentee ( I know someone knows how to spell gaurentee if I spelled it wrong, please educate me) me MSRP pricing or less. Is that an unreasonable expectation?

Hello,

We are taking orders. I'm in Las Vegas and deal directly with shelby. I will have allocation of about 30 or more this year. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Manny Galvan

Gaudin Ford

702 400 0999

Can you offer MSRP or better (less than MSRP) pricing. You don't have to say how much just, a yes or no. Not asking you to give to much away here on the forum. Many would like to know what to expect at the dealerships, or expext to see from them.

Agree - there will be adm's IMO.

I have already seen both from the same dealer, kind of. Yes there will be an ADM (over the phone answer) and no they won't be charging an ADM (the online/forum answer). That dealer has already lost my order but it wasn't important to them anyway or the answer would have been the same both times. Speaking with them on the phone I have to say he knows his stuff vehicle wise and he has been recommended here and on other sites. I just won't deal with someone unless I feel I am getting the straight answer everytime the first time or at least the best answer they are capable of giving at that time. Maybe not how it really is but I how I felt it was and I am not bashing any dealership or saleman or woman. Just putting it out there as my opinion and I know we all have one because they're like ........s.

Ya gotta love the talk about "Limited Production". That concept defies common sense when used in the context of consumer items. Does anyone really believe that there will be a shortage of 60 thousand dollar Mustangs in their seventh year of production. Ford would absolutely love to sell 30,000 of these units with the margin they have. They will be extremely lucky to move 5,000 at these prices without factory sponsored incentives.

Well some on this forum laughed when I said the Boss was going to be limited and it WAS. Ford stated how many they were going to build and that's what they built. The GT500 has been limited for years- I think it's somewhere around the 5000 mark.

I don't know about the '13 but I'm pretty sure Ford has a production number in mind and that is all they are building.

Hell they even limit the number of regular mustangs they build.

If a dealer does not have allocation, regardless of model or mustang, they cannot order a car.

Hello,

We are taking orders. I'm in Las Vegas and deal directly with shelby. I will have allocation of about 30 or more this year. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Manny Galvan

Gaudin Ford

702 400 0999

What does Shelby have to do with selling 2013 GT500's? Dealing "directly with Shelby" means zero when it comes to how many GT500's Ford will allocate you.

Carroll Shelby has absolutely squat to do with GT500 allocation and zero influence on where the cars go.

I'm not calling it limited. Fords stated goal is one less than demand.

Archived