TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Pricing, Dealer Allocation, and ADM's

FastPny65

Anybody have any experience buying an American car and bringing it to Canada? Is it as simple as putting on a Canadian plate? Is there import tax if I drive it across the border or any other certification needed?

With our dollar at nearly par and the apparent 10k jump in price you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to shop out of country....

Its not that bad and can really be worth it if you find the right deal. Check these out for a bit more detail:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/66035-to-buy-in-us-or-canada/page__st__40

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9361

Well some on this forum laughed when I said the Boss was going to be limited and it WAS. Ford stated how many they were going to build and that's what they built. The GT500 has been limited for years- I think it's somewhere around the 5000 mark.

I don't know about the '13 but I'm pretty sure Ford has a production number in mind and that is all they are building.

Hell they even limit the number of regular mustangs they build.

If a dealer does not have allocation, regardless of model or mustang, they cannot order a car.

Really? So Ford will purposely build fewer units of these cars as could be sold. When was anyone ever denied a car, when has that ever happened. There actually have been tons of unsold leftovers that required significant discounts and factory incentives to aid them in actually clearing the market. Don't allow enthusiasm to trump logical thinking. Ask the guy who went out the door @ 60 grand on a GT500 and was later offered 25K how his "Limited Production" purchase worked out for him.

Really? So Ford will purposely build fewer units of these cars as could be sold. When was anyone ever denied a car, when has that ever happened. There actually have been tons of unsold leftovers that required significant discounts and factory incentives to aid them in actually clearing the market. Don't allow enthusiasm to trump logical thinking. Ask the guy who went out the door @ 60 grand on a GT500 and was later offered 25K how his "Limited Production" purchase worked out for him.

Exactly they have "Limited Production" really means they have slowed production because their inventory is HIGH and sales LOW.

Listen I love Ford and the Mustang, but if the GT500 is over $60k it will have a hard time selling with-out ADM's, obviously I am talking about after the initial craze of wanting the New model which will probably last 3 months or so.

The ZL1 for $6-8K cheaper would get a test drive from me if I were in the market and I never considered a Camaro prior to this. I would even be taking the Challenger for a spin. And last I would definately be taking the Roush for a ride.

Any one that pays ADM's deserves the HUGE depreciation hit they will take when they go for under MSRP a year later. The ZL1 right now is better than any Mustang built and based on all the rumors it will be $5k cheaper minimum than the 2013.

This is NOT 2007, the economy is MUCH worse, the Shelby CRAZE is over, and the Competition is as good or better value wise.

I still remember all the Dealers on this Forum talking about the ADM's would never end, of coarse they said that, they were the ones getting them. They made people feel like their 5K ADM was a steal LMAO

Where are all those Forum Members now?????? Most of them are GONE........LONG GONE.......

Sorry but 2007 the GT500 was $10-15K cheaper than the Roush, now you can get the Roush cheaper than the GT500 and maybe it does not have the 5.4 or 5.8, but it sure will Smoke a GT500 in most any comparison stock for stock.

Again anyone who pays ADM is a SUCKER this time around, 2007 Ford Lied so I get it, not this time.............

Since your quoting rumors, I have a friend that waited forever for his 2010 camaro and then ordered a ZL1and is PO'd #1 that Ford eclipsed GM on horse power #2 His ZL1 is still a "rumor", again, waiting......

Im sorry, you are just wrong. Read Grabbers post again. That changed after they saw how they diluded the GT500 market 07-09

OK so your saying Ford dropped the SVT certification to dealers in 2010-11....so guess what I's back again...$2000 in two annual payments of $1000 what's your point?

It used to cost Ford dealers extra if the wanted to be certified SVT dealers that was my point.....and it still does they just call it something else....a "fee". :doh:

The fee to sell these cars or any other type of vehicle is the retailers resposibility and certainly NOT that of the buyer. All businesses have expenses. If dealer X has a problem with the fee then he can defer the sales of these cars to another retailer who is more proficient at balancing his overhead costs.

What does Shelby have to do with selling 2013 GT500's? Dealing "directly with Shelby" means zero when it comes to how many GT500's Ford will allocate you.

Carroll Shelby has absolutely squat to do with GT500 allocation and zero influence on where the cars go.

Correct, Carrol has nothing to do with the GT500 but Ford licenses his name on the car.

The fee to sell these cars or any other type of vehicle is the retailers resposibility and certainly NOT that of the buyer. All businesses have expenses. If dealer X has a problem with the fee then he can defer the sales of these cars to another retailer who is more proficient at balancing his overhead costs.

For once I have to agree with Speedyman on this ! :drop:

The SVT fee is the dealer's business expense. It shouldn't be passed on the consumer yet it is in most cases. I won't even entertain MSRP on a vehicle,let alone subsidise a Ford mandated dealer fee. I can wait a few months if need be, patience amounts to about 1000 per month savings B)

I went by 2 dealerships today and they will sale at msrp. One said not a penny more. Still no prices

Those dealers would be very wise to jump on an MSRP sale. Our economy sucks, disposable income evaporated long ago, and the market for this car is quite saturated. The depreciation on new cars is ferrocious. Nobody in their right mind ever pays "fool" retail for a car.

Who much under retail would you recommend

At this point in time you'd be lucky to get a dealer under MSRP but if you did, depending on how "loaded" you order the car they'd probably knock 1-2K off.

In June/July it should be easy to find a dealer willing to let one go for 3-4K off MSRP.

Archived