TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS-PCR "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 30th, 2012

SVT NAJA

IMG_0632-Version2.jpg

Looking forward to this coming summer, I wanted to post-up notice of this year’s 3rd Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 30th. Current plans have us departing Old Town Sacramento and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We’ll stop briefly for fuel at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course parking lot across the way. Then we’ll head up scenic Highway 89 on the west side of the lake past Emerald Bay and the Rubicon area towards Kings Beach State Park on the north shore, where we’re making plans for a lakeside BBQ and Car Show.

RSVP’s and pre-payment are required for this event so we can anticipate parking layout and determine how many meals will be needed. Please use the gofundme link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted on the roster below. Preferential beachside parking will be issued in the order paid reservations are received. After accounting for expenses, any funds left over will be donated to the Carroll Shelby Foundation: http://www.cscf.org/

Cost for attending the event is:

• $25 per driver/vehicle, which includes facility rental, BBQ lunch and refreshments.
  • $10 for each additional guest to cover BBQ lunch and refreshments.

Payment link: http://www.gofundme.com/g33rs

Here’s the address where we’ll be meeting in Old Town Sac.

Front and 101 K Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814

Let’s plan on arriving around 8:00am and we’ll head out about 8:30am.

Note: Steamers Coffee Shop is on the corner if you need to get your morning caffeine fix!

Here is a Google satellite street view image of this location: http://maps.google.c...90&z=20&vpsrc=6

Here is a Google map of the route we’ll be taking (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left): http://maps.google.c...&sz=17&t=m&z=10

Here is a Google aerial view of the parking facility at Kings Beach State Park, where a 55 stall area is reserved for our exclusive use: http://maps.google.c...&gl=us&t=h&z=20

Here is a link that may be helpful if you are looking to book a room in Tahoe Saturday night: http://www.teamshelb...accommodations/

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord
  2. shelbyguy470 - Tahoe City (our local host)
  3. 08jester - Livermore +1 / Paid
  4. fabman - Pleasanton +1 / Paid
  5. gt350lp - Gilroy +1 / Paid
  6. Fat Boss - Morgan Hill +1 / Paid
  7. KAM - Pleasanton +1 / Paid
  8. 5 DOT 0 - NorCal +1 / Paid
  9. elkhorn6990 - Castroville +1 / Paid
  10. ShelbyTom - SF South Bay +1 / Paid
  11. JenzBad500 - Lodi +1 / Paid
  12. SR SNAKE - Amador County +3 / Paid
  13. SHOCWAV - Tracy +1 / Paid
  14. H0050 - Marina +1 / Paid
  15. iceman302 - El Dorado Hills +1 / Paid
  16. jp1gt - Georgetown +1 / Paid
  17. Amaury - NorCal +1 / Paid
  18. Julio - NorCal +1 / Paid
  19. lfino111 - SF South Bay +1 / Paid
  20. kcs50ho - West Sacramento +1 / Paid
  21. itowem - Oakley +1 / Paid
  22. Albino500 - SF South Bay +1 / Paid
  23. 98_Sactown_Cobra - Sacramento +1 / Paid
  24. 08GT5004ME - NorCal +1 / Paid
  25. 07SGT4843 - San Martin +1 / Paid
  26. GSHELBYT - SF North Bay +1 / Paid
  27. 50 Deep - NorCal SVTOA +1 / Paid
  28. SoWeTt03 - NorCal SVTOA +1 / Paid
  29. Jpickel50 - Vacaville +1 / Paid
  30. cmos101 - South Bay +1 / Paid
  31. Tim and Chris - Sonora / Paid
  32. Ed - Reno / Paid

Pictures from last year’s cruise here: http://www.teamshelb...ow/page__st__80

More pictures from 2010’s cruise here: http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180

Ken Ahmann’s 2010 cruise video:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going and paid, Scott and Aggie......

Aggie,

Welcome aboard. I've got you and Scott posted up! After last year's weather snafu, I'm really looking forward to this June. We're taking our original Hwy 50 route, so we'll have a great trip. See you 2 soon.

Jim

Paid...Sal and (your name here).

Sal,

I'm glad the long saga is over and you can finally get your revived beast out on the road once again. Looking forward to having you on the cruise and meeting "your name here". lol

See you soon!

Jim

Paid and Going.....

Larry,

And I thought you might be in Hawaii again...

Now with your award winner in the mix, everyone is going to have to up their "Show n Shine" game.

Looking forward to one of your great slide show productions following the event...

Jim

Jim-

Just signed up. Looking forward to it. There's a 25% chance I have class that day, but I'm a gamblin' man!

Andy

Andy,

Those are pretty good odds and with the mid-week 4th of July holiday this year, I would think the Saturday's on either side would be clear. Looking forward to having the "Boss" in the mix as we thread our way through the Sierras!

Jim

PS: Enjoy the Bash and post some pics!

Hey this looks like a fun event. Andy, Fat Boss, recommended this forum to me and says you let Boss 302's come out and join in on the fun. I'll be there with at least one other and I'll probably meet up with everyone along HWY 50 in Folsom as Old Sac is in the opposite direction for me. Anyway I look forward to meeting some of you in Tahoe.

Added it to our calendar.

Bruce,

Looking forward to having you and the family joining us for the day. You might consider bringing your swimming gear and beach towels. It's a great venue.

Jim

paid Kevin and Monette

Kevin,

Welcome aboard. We have a great group of enthusiasts and cars attending so far and I'm looking forward to having your awesome 40th in the mix. See you and Monette soon.

Jim

Hey this looks like a fun event. Andy, Fat Boss, recommended this forum to me and says you let Boss 302's come out and join in on the fun. I'll be there with at least one other and I'll probably meet up with everyone along HWY 50 in Folsom as Old Sac is in the opposite direction for me. Anyway I look forward to meeting some of you in Tahoe.

5 DOT 0,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new Boss 302. I really like your choice of wheels! TS-PCR is all about Ford power and enjoying our addiction hobby with other enthusiasts. We'll have several other cruisers from the Folsom area, so you'll be able to join the conga line at the Bidwell/Scott interchange on Highway 50. I'll post you up and note your payment when it's received. Thanks.

Jim

Welcome to Team Shelby 5 DOT 0, one thing we aren't is exclusionary. Sure this forum is about Shelbys, but all of us here are about POWERED BY FORD.

We certainly welcome any Ford powered car along, new gen or vintage.

You'll have a great time on this run, and meet some really good people too....Now, about this Andy character...jk

I expect Debbi and I will also join in...

We'll let you know in a couple weeks... She is coming along nicely right now, thanks!

Dan,

Debbi has been in my thoughts and prayers and I'm glad to hear she is coming along nicely. I hope you can get some well deserved rest too as the T/A at work starts winding down. I'll post you up now and await further confirmation as things progress. As always, having you two on the cruise is special.

Jim

Jim,

Looking forward to another great event.

Signed Up and Paid!

Tom,

I'm looking forward to having you and Nancy joining us again. It's shaping up to be a good turnout in Kings Beach. See you soon, and have a great time at the Bash!

Jim

Welcome to Team Shelby 5 DOT 0, one thing we aren't is exclusionary. Sure this forum is about Shelbys, but all of us here are about POWERED BY FORD.

We certainly welcome any Ford powered car along, new gen or vintage.

You'll have a great time on this run, and meet some really good people too....Now, about this Andy character...jk

Well I guess someone else will be driving the Race Red Boss next time out, since you'll be watching!! :hysterical3:

It will be nice to have another Boss 302 on the run. I met 5 DOT 0 (Rick) last year at Laguna Seca and then went to Track Attack at the same time. I think he'll fit in just fine. As long as he's got thick skin!

Brad,

I received your payment and I've posted you up. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Denise on the cruise.

Jim

Yes we are looking forward to it also since we missed the last ones due to Denise's work and other vacation plans. We are looking forward to staying at Harveys on Sat night with others. I tried to get Harvey's "Orange Room" but they told me someone else had already reserved it. I wonder who that could have been?

Yes we are looking forward to it also since we missed the last ones due to Denise's work and other vacation plans. We are looking forward to staying at Harveys on Sat night with others. I tried to get Harvey's "Orange Room" but they told me someone else had already reserved it. I wonder who that could have been?

Brad,

I have an idea who "Grabbed" that room, but you'll have to settle for the Kona suite... :hysterical:

Brad,

I have an idea who "Grabbed" that room, but you'll have to settle for the Kona suite... :hysterical:

Ha ha ha ha........ You guys really think you are funny don't you....... :rolleyes:

Jim,

Gary and Leslye are in, paid, and looking forward to this event.

Gary,

That's great news that you and Leslye can join us on the cruise with your awesome SS. See you in a few short months!

Jim

Jenn,

Welcome aboard. I noticed your post on NorCal SVTOA affirming your plan to join us on the cruise to Tahoe this June.

I've added you to our list on the previous page.

See you soon!

Jim

Archived