TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertible Light Bars - Like them or not?

GT350conv

I had installed a crimson red light bar on my white 06' GT convertible with the crimson red interior and it looked >>>>OK. Later on I had installed a black one on a 06' Silver Saleen with a black interior and it looked awesome. Granted, they were two different brands but to me, the saleen just looked better. What do you guys think of the light bars overall? Anyone have an actual Shelby one installed?

IMO The Light Bar is a mandatory mod.it completes the lines of the body. Ford should offer it as a dealer installed option like the side scoops.

I have the CDC without the logo and it almost looks stock. Only issues Led lights are weak and of course passenger access to the back seats, but who cares about the back seats! afew pics

2011 lightbarSide

2011 Lightbar

CDC makes the Shelby bar. This is what I have. Sorry for the poor picture. It is the only one I have with the top down and car is in storage right now.

I really like my light bar. I will be adding the over priced CDC wind screen come this spring.

DSC01149.jpg

That floor looks killer. What did you use?

Thanks for the compliment.

Absolute Garage (vendor) installed the heavy duty epoxy with flakes. It was a 3 day process. You could pick what ever colors you desire. I tried to tie the color in with the cabinets, walls & the cars.

Cleans up great and is not slippery. Cost of the floor was reasonable especially when compared to the redline cabinets.

no like

Looks like a picnic basket handle.

Wind screen +1000 but no on the basket handle

Wow!!! I've never heard it described this way before now. :lurk:

I had the Saleen Speedster package on my '99 S281. I think all convertible Mustangs look great with some kind of bar and personally I love hard cover tonneaus as well. CDC makes the Light Bars for both the old Saleen Bars (which are just unbranded CDC light bars) and the Shelby Light Bars (which are also just unbranded CDC bars). CDC also makes the new Saleen "Style" bar which I currently have on my Shelby. The new Saleen Style bar doesn't have a brake light but it looks really classy with an aluminum metal strip that goes around the edge of the bar.

Next I'm getting a black piece of leather embossed with the Shelby Cobra to replace the Saleen Logo leather insert on my tonneau cover.

The whole install for the bar on the 2008+ Mustangs is about 2 hours and is so simple that a guy like me who is afraid to change his own oil can do it.

I had the Saleen Speedster package on my '99 S281. I think all convertible Mustangs look great with some kind of bar and personally I love hard cover tonneaus as well. CDC makes the Light Bars for both the old Saleen Bars (which are just unbranded CDC light bars) and the Shelby Light Bars (which are also just unbranded CDC bars). CDC also makes the new Saleen "Style" bar which I currently have on my Shelby. The new Saleen Style bar doesn't have a brake light but it looks really classy with an aluminum metal strip that goes around the edge of the bar.

Next I'm getting a black piece of leather embossed with the Shelby Cobra to replace the Saleen Logo leather insert on my tonneau cover.

Additionally I'll add that I still have my original CDC Light Bar with no logo (Same thing Shelby sells for $500) in perfect condition with original box and all necessary attachments I'd be willing to sell for $200 plus shipping (from Cleveland Ohio area). I'd have kept it but it wouldn't fit with the Saleen Tonneau cover so I had to buy the Saleen Light Bar. (sold)

The whole install for the bar on the 2008+ Mustangs is about 2 hours and is so simple that a guy like me who is afraid to change his own oil can do it.

I like your Saleen set-up. Personnally I might go with the Cervini bar and speedster cover.

I like your Saleen set-up. Personnally I might go with the Cervini bar and speedster cover.

I looked at the Cervini setup and decided against it because it involves creating "button snaps" to attach the cover all over your interior. The nice thing about the Saleen setup is it doesn't require any extra installation hardware for the tonneau. Also trying to split the stripe down the middle of that Cervini cover would have been a pain.

Archived