TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 on EBay

The "Buy it now" is at $72,900- This price is a nice deal for someone. I hope your correct and it sells for more.

It can't sell for more than $72,900. Once someone hits the "Buy it now" button, the bidding ends.

Nice deal for someone.

Ok, I'll bite. Forgive my ignorance but how is 6k OVER total MSRP a nice deal on a used car ? Your paying MSRP on the base car (~3K markup) and 3K over package price so about 9K over market value.

I would think a "nice deal" would be in the upper 50's. Fair market is most likely in the upper 60's (65-68). Other than the 45th status I can order a brand new one for a lot less.

This is a used car period. A fantastic one but a used car nonetheless. I can buy a brand new one as equiped (less the 45th items) for 9K less and be the original owner...

Edit: Ah, disregard I see they added the whipple to it. Still not worth the asking price but closer now.

Ok, I'll bite. Forgive my ignorance but how is 6k OVER total MSRP a nice deal on a used car ? Your paying MSRP on the base car (~3K markup) and 3K over package price so about 9K over market value.

I would think a "nice deal" would be in the upper 50's. Fair market is most likely in the upper 60's (65-68). Other than the 45th status I can order a brand new one for a lot less.

This is a used car period. A fantastic one but a used car nonetheless. I can buy a brand new one as equiped (less the 45th items) for 9K less and be the original owner...

Edit: Ah, disregard I see they added the whipple to it. Still not worth the asking price but closer now.

Ok I’ll bite also. 6 k over MSRP is not bad. Not great but not bad. 3k markup MSRP plus 3k markup on package price is 6k. You lost me at the 9k figure. But heck I’m stupid I purchased one. When I started my search at local Ford dealers in Florida they quoted me 10k minimum over MSRP. Yes maybe different time and place before the first one rolled out. (I didn’t pay that)

Try walking into a Chevy Dealer and ordering a new Corvette in Florida with the toys. Heck they have so many addendums attached to that windshield you could not figure out what MSRP is on that car and I’m in the business. (Believe me I tried prior to this auto and they averaged about 9 to 10k over MSRP.

I don’t know the final numbers for this car 170 or 107…but in years to come collectors will be looking for the 45th GT350. I have all the time in the world. Driving this car sells itself. I was a disbeliever at first but happy I sipped the cool aid and hung in there.

Sorry partial since I own one.

Ok I’ll bite also. 6 k over MSRP is not bad. Not great but not bad. 3k markup MSRP plus 3k markup on package price is 6k. You lost me at the 9k figure. But heck I’m stupid I purchased one. When I started my search at local Ford dealers in Florida they quoted me 10k minimum over MSRP. Yes maybe different time and place before the first one rolled out. (I didn’t pay that)

Try walking into a Chevy Dealer and ordering a new Corvette in Florida with the toys. Heck they have so many addendums attached to that windshield you could not figure out what MSRP is on that car and I’m in the business. (Believe me I tried prior to this auto and they averaged about 9 to 10k over MSRP.

I don’t know the final numbers for this car 170 or 107…but in years to come collectors will be looking for the 45th GT350. I have all the time in the world. Driving this car sells itself. I was a disbeliever at first but happy I sipped the cool aid and hung in there.

Venom,

First let me say they are a FANTASTIC car and one I wish I owned. COngrats and you are right that they will no doubt be a collector item one day.

Florida's market may be different than PA's market too. The 9K difference is the new BIN price of 75K. I wasn't that clear though and referred to 9K in total markup plus any holdback so closer to the 10.5K range in total markup.

In PA you can order a Mustang GT for 200 over invoice and have SAI do the conversion for the package price. In this case the SAI window sticker is 69K which accounts for full MSRP of the base car. So if I can buy one for about 3K less than MSRP and add the package price I can buy one for about 66K - as equipped in the add. This is the 9K difference from 75K (asking price in the ad- vs 66K where I can buy one.

Now this doesnt account for the 45th items which are worth more but how much more only time will tell. That is an intangible item that really can't be calculated right now.

I do sympathize for you though! Man, in PA I show my dealer the invoice tell them this is what I'll pay, transfer the funds and leave 30 minutes later. 6 weeks latermy new car arrives.

Case in point : My 2013 GT500 will ordered as soon as the order banks open. Total cost : 500 over invoice.

I never realized geography meant so much in cost! Oh, and you can usually get a new corvette up here for a couple of hundred under invoice. I looked at one to add but the wife killed that idea.

You have a great car and should be partial! :)

I'm glad your still enjoying the car and I'm glad too that you stayed the course. Every time I fire up the car and go for a jaunt reminds my how great these cars are. Overpriced, yes. Limited production, yes. Collectors item, time will tell.

My opinion of this eBay car is that it is a bare bones base car and few SA options were chosen. Therefore if you wanted to get a 350 at a lower entry fee, this would be a good candidate. However, if budget was the main driving force, you probably would not choose the 350 in the first place.

I'm glad your still enjoying the car and I'm glad too that you stayed the course. Every time I fire up the car and go for a jaunt reminds my how great these cars are. Overpriced, yes. Limited production, yes. Collectors item, time will tell.

My opinion of this eBay car is that it is a bare bones base car and few SA options were chosen. Therefore if you wanted to get a 350 at a lower entry fee, this would be a good candidate. However, if budget was the main driving force, you probably would not choose the 350 in the first place.

Tony, My wife still comments on my face after driving #111, One of the finest mustangs ever built period!

Also, I need to clarify that I think the 350 is an awesome car worth every single penny of MSRP. BUT my feelings on "OVER MSRP ADMs" are pretty strong : See ya!

I think the 350 is great buy for what you get but to add several thousand dollars via an ADM while they are still being made is lunacy. Again, not counting the 45th items which are intangible.

Enjoy the cars and I do envy you gentlemen!!

Archived