TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Front Splitter

MTB65

Here's a pic of the 13 front splitter.

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-GT500-front-view.jpg

What is different about the front HEADLIGHTS that people keep talking about?

They look the same as the previous years, and the optional HID's on my 2010 with the integrated turnsignals in them.

Phill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look the same as the previous years, and the optional HID's on my 2010 with the integrated turnsignals in them.

Phill

I think the turn signals are led now ?

I think the turn signals are led now ?

I know the rear lights are LED but even the order guide shows "HID head lamp and LED tall lamps design" under "New Exterior Features"....

Nothing about new LED frt. turn signals so if they *are* LED, they already were.

And the order guide *does* show the front splitter as a Dealer Installed Option. I wonder why...What's up with THAT?

Phill

Hopefully the splitter and grills retrofit to '10-'12 GT500s. Definately looks easier to clean than my eggcrate grill.

I have a sneaky feeling that they're gonna want a bazillion bucks for them (splitter and grilles).

Phill

Phill

If you look at the lights, you'll see two white lines going from the headlight to the outside of the assembly. Those are LEDs. It's very hard to explain, but really easy to see if you look at a hi res pic of the front end.

After seeing it in person the reason it is dealer installed is that I think the car will not go up the ramps in the delivery system with it installed......so they have the dealer put it on........

After seeing it in person the reason it is dealer installed is that I think the car will not go up the ramps in the delivery system with it installed......so they have the dealer put it on........

Makes sense...damage in transit if attached.

Very good explanation...it could be this....hopefully!!

Hopefully the splitter and grills retrofit to '10-'12 GT500s. Definately looks easier to clean than my eggcrate grill.

I'm in the minority I think in my preference for the look of the diamondplate/eggcrate grilles, but I'm right there with you on it being a PITA to clean. In fact, last week I did a waterless wash (the first time the car's had more than a pressure-spray with plain water) in my garage and when I got around to the grille I cleaned about two holes with a finger and said, "nuh uh...not going to spend the next 40 minutes cleaning these."

I am working on a tool, though, that would let me clean 4 or 6 diamonds at once. Some combination of microfiber wash-mitt fabric and foam rubber and coathanger and/or dowel and/or PVC pipe. If it works, I will make a MILLION DOLLARS on patent licensing fees. :hysterical:

All my Team Shelby peeps can have one at cost.

Well, maybe you're not in the minority, I don't know, but I too prefer the look of the egg crate grill on our 10-12's. I generally keep my car spotless (my family tells me I'm a freak, which is completely accurate). BUT, don't look too close at my grille. PITA to clean is the best way to put it. If you come up with some neat gadget for cleaning it, I'm game to give it a try. Good luck as you progress through the design/built/test phases!

Thought I read somewhere that the new track splitter is an add on that goes onto the existing splitter (ie can be installed at the track then removed). Hope its true and that it fits on the 11/12's. If that is the case it will come down to pricing for me.

• 2 months later...

I agree, the front end of the 13' is much racier thanks to the two open grilles and the lower front splitter.

But the heat exchanger and the AC condenser might suffer a bit more from road debris and bugs...I suppose.

The headlights are much trendier with the LED bars (I think AUDI started this one...), but as these units are enclosing the HID lamps, it won't come cheap!

And the LED lights might need an electronic module or specific harness...to adapt to the "old GT500's"

(Retrofit HID-OEM headlights for 07' cars proved to be a headache - although going from incandescent bulbs to LED is much easier than switching from incandescent to HID).

So Ford should really have a ton of those spare parts available shortly to satisfy the 10'-12' owners :victory: ...Unless they prove being mega buck items $$$$$ :rant2:

Did someone already ask for 13' spare parts availability and prices yet?

I agree, the front end of the 13' is much racier thanks to the two open grilles and the lower front splitter.

But the heat exchanger and the AC condenser might suffer a bit more from road debris and bugs...I suppose.

The headlights are much trendier with the LED bars (I think AUDI started this one...), but as these units are enclosing the HID lamps, it won't come cheap!

And the LED lights might need an electronic module or specific harness...to adapt to the "old GT500's"

(Retrofit HID-OEM headlights for 07' cars proved to be a headache - although going from incandescent bulbs to LED is much easier than switching from incandescent to HID).

So Ford should really have a ton of those spare parts available shortly to satisfy the 10'-12' owners :victory: ...Unless they prove being mega buck items $$$$$ :rant2:

Did someone already ask for 13' spare parts availability and prices yet?

I just ordered the lower and upper grille. It will be delivered on Friday and installed next week...

I just ordered the lower and upper grille. It will be delivered on Friday and installed next week...

Please keep us/me informed on the fitment. I'm one that wants the new open grille openings....

Phill

+2 - Looking forward to hearing how the installation goes. Did you order a new snake emblem as well? Not sure if they're the same size in the '13 grille?

Hmm. And I'm not sure if you can take the old one out without destroying it. I think I remember seeing the posts melted off on the back side of the grille, instead of being bolted in like the 1st Gen was.

Phill

Hmm. And I'm not sure if you can take the old one out without destroying it. I think I remember seeing the posts melted off on the back side of the grille, instead of being bolted in like the 1st Gen was.

Phill

Then buy this one

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/s7mk-1447-c.htm

Or this one

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11229

;)

Just curious,

Amigo, why did you not order the front splitter, at the same time, to get the full front look of the 13' (except the headlights)?

Because your car is lowered? (And your driveway could be a problem for that splitter...).

Because it is not available yet?

Anyone trying to order the 13' front BREMBO'S by the way?

Just curious,

Amigo, why did you not order the front splitter, at the same time, to get the full front look of the 13' (except the headlights)?

Because your car is lowered? (And your driveway could be a problem for that splitter...).

Because it is not available yet?

Anyone trying to order the 13' front BREMBO'S by the way?

Mi amigo you had the answer....It's not available yet. My man from Ford Tousley will let me know as soon as He receives and have reserved for me in the same way that he did for me with the grilles. I will keep you posted of course.

Phill

Yes mi amigo, it can be removed without destroying I did that when I changed for red emblems. I put again 3M tape in the back and re-used in my "Shelby Room"

Archived