TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Front Splitter

MTB65

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the splitter in person at Autorama in detroit. Its a great looking piece. Does anyone know if it will back fit to the 2011. It would make a nice upgrade.

I'm really hoping it will.

Along with the new upper & lower open grille pieces.

That was my first thought when I saw the new 2013 and posted my thoughts on this forum.

Phill

I imagine it would, the sheetmetal seems the same, so rhe bumper cover mounts should be the same. But You'll have to change the tail lights as well.

and you'll also get into some wiring as there are lights mounted above the tailpipes/below the plate holder on the '13 model.

I will probably look into these grille pieces as well..not really for looks..but just for ease of cleaning.

I'm looking at the functional aspect of them. More downforce and better cooling.

Phill

Along with those pieces, I have been looking at the rear bumper. I like the painted side rockers and rear bumper. I can get the sides painted, but I wonder if that rear bumper cover and faux diffuser will fit the 2010+ models?

I went ahead and I painted them....

post-33685-0-74086200-1330544601_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-74086200-1330544601_thumb.jpg

I went ahead and I painted them....

Oh yeah, that DOES look good. Did you have a professional do it?

Do you need special paint or additive to paint them?

You got me thinikin' now....

Phill

and you'll also get into some wiring as there are lights mounted above the tailpipes/below the plate holder on the '13 model.

I don't think those lights are really needed. The only ones I've seen in pics look like additional marker lights, so you could probably just not bother with them.

Oh yeah, that DOES look good. Did you have a professional do it?

Do you need special paint or additive to paint them?

You got me thinikin' now....

Phill

Thanks mi amigo Phil. It was painted by a shop locally here in Fort Lauderdale. To get better results he removed all the parts so he painted and put them back.

According to the 2013 order guide it is a dealer installed option so it should retrofit.

Hu? What does being dealer installed have to do with it fitting older models?

Dam that looks real good. Who in Ft Lauderdale did them for you ? I may need to pay them a visit ! and how much btw ?

Mi amigo....it was Carlos Autobody Shop 813 NW 8 Avenue, Ft. Laudedale, FL 33311. Ph 954-462-0260. Ask for Carlos. Tell him that you are friend of Jorge Gomez (White Shelby). He charged $500 for rear bumper, side skirts, and radiator cover......

Thanks mi amigo.....here other picture attached. Now, I have to figure out how do I do to extend the red stripes :rockon:

Yeah, I like.

I'm not sure if a dark colored car would look as nice with painted lowers though.

It looks GREAT on a white car!

Phill

Tell him that you are friend of Jorge Gomez (White Shelby). He charged $500 for rear bumper, side skirts, and radiator cover......

DANG! That's cheap.

I think I paid $200 to have my Shelby quarter window scoops painted, and I supplied the Kona Blue paint. I say, I *think* (cuz I can't remember fer sure).

I'll have to check around to see what someone out here would charge.

Thanks for the info.,

Phill

According to the 2013 order guide it is a dealer installed option so it should retrofit.

The front spoiler is a dealer installed item?

I wonder why, and if it has the same warning as the Boss 302 LS warning (May void vehicle warranty).

And like someone already said, the fact that it's a "dealer installed option" on a 2013 doesn't necessarily mean it will/should fit a 2010-2012.

I'm thinking it WILL (or can made to be with minor modifications) because of the way my '10 spoiler is mounted, with bolts along the lower edge of the facia and screws holding the two parts together. I don't think they'd change that too radically so "where there's a will, there's a way".

Phill

Mi amigo....it was Carlos Autobody Shop 813 NW 8 Avenue, Ft. Laudedale, FL 33311. Ph 954-462-0260. Ask for Carlos. Tell him that you are friend of Jorge Gomez (White Shelby). He charged $500 for rear bumper, side skirts, and radiator cover......

W00t Thanx ! I'll give him a call. Hmmm perhaps he can do my 65 as well......

Archived