TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Important - Track participants and the Poker Run

MMcGuirk

Hi

Those of you attending the Bash, tracking your cars and wanting to participate in the Poker Run:

Given that you attend Thursday's mandatory driver's meeting, you can do both -

just check in with Gary Patterson or the Chief Steward when you arrive at the track Friday after the Poker Run. They will fill you in on anything new.

Speaking of the Poker Run, after reviewing the "Survival Guide" it appears there are only three check points, is this correct? If so, will we get two cards at each check point (and then make our best hand of five), of just make our best combo of the three?

The run should take about three hours, but we don't need to check in at the final stop until 1:00pm. Does the overall time it takes to complete the run come into play at all (tie breaker?)? If not, we will take our time and maybe stop for lunch along the way. If yes, we won't delay, and will eat at the track once we get there.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!

Z-man

Hi

Those of you attending the Bash, tracking your cars and wanting to participate in the Poker Run:

Given that you attend Thursday's mandatory driver's meeting, you can do both -

just check in with Gary Patterson or the Chief Steward when you arrive at the track Friday after the Poker Run. They will fill you in on anything new.

Thanks Mike- I will be one of those pulling dual duty

Speaking of the Poker Run, after reviewing the "Survival Guide" it appears there are only three check points, is this correct? If so, will we get two cards at each check point (and then make our best hand of five), of just make our best combo of the three?

The run should take about three hours, but we don't need to check in at the final stop until 1:00pm. Does the overall time it takes to complete the run come into play at all (tie breaker?)? If not, we will take our time and maybe stop for lunch along the way. If yes, we won't delay, and will eat at the track once we get there.

Z-man

At first, I thought there was only 4... But here is what I "think" is the plan...

1st & 2nd cards at start at Hotel

3rd card at Saloon

4th card at Post Office

5th card at SA Trailer inside Spring Mountain

EDIT = Corrected based on MM post below...

Z-man

Whew.. don't complicate things Z.....

The format - Draw 2 cards at the beginning, one at the Mountain Springs stop, one at the Shoshone stop and the final one at the track. Total of five, best hand wins. In the unlikely event of a tie ( last two years weren't even remotely close) the finalists will cut the deck.

The Run is 115 miles of relatively open rural highways. If it was a speed contest, some could complete it in just over an hour. However, this is a fun run and a scenic tour. We have set the maximum time to complete it to allow for a little touring and photo ops.

A lot of us want to turn laps after the run, so we will be stop accepting hands for the game at 1:00PM.

Reminder - lunch at the track is included in your registration fee.

At first, I thought there was only 4... But here is what I "think" is the plan...

1st card at start at Hotel

2nd card at Saloon

3rd card at Post Office

4th card at entrance to Spring Mountain

5th card at SA Trailer inside Spring Mountain

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Wrong...

We will be explaining this a lot....

Two cards at the start

One card per checkpoint there after - Mountain Springs, Shoshone Post office, Next to the Merchandise trailer at the track...

looking forward to seeing everyone soon....

Whew.. don't complicate things Z.....

The format - Draw 2 cards at the beginning, one at the Mountain Springs stop, one at the Shoshone stop and the final one at the track. Total of five, best hand wins. In the unlikely event of a tie ( last two years weren't even remotely close) the finalists will cut the deck.

The Run is 115 miles of relatively open rural highways. If it was a speed contest, some could complete it in just over an hour. However, this is a fun run and a scenic tour. We have set the maximum time to complete it to allow for a little touring and photo ops.

A lot of us want to turn laps after the run, so we will be stop accepting hands for the game at 1:00PM.

Reminder - lunch at the track is included in your registration fee.

Thanks Mike!

Wasn't trying to complicate things, just asking my questions ahead of time to try and keep eveyones "day of event" stress level down, and fun level up!

Also didn't realize lunch at the track was included for those of us not running laps and just there to watch...and maybe bum a ride or two.

Z-man

Still can't wait, still can't wait, still can't wait!!!

Thanks Mike!

Wasn't trying to complicate things, just asking my questions ahead of time to try and keep eveyones "day of event" stress level down, and fun level up!

Also didn't realize lunch at the track was included for those of us not running laps and just there to watch...and maybe bum a ride or two.

Z-man

Still can't wait, still can't wait, still can't wait!!!

no worries, i remember my first time....... :wub::wub2:

We are going to have a blast!!!!!!!!!

Is the Poker Run for only the guys with their Shelby's; or can any one enter? Is there a buy-in?

Run what you brung...seeing you're from Hawai'i I can assume a rental..it is part of the Bash package. So if you bought one of those, then you're good to go.

Is the Poker Run for only the guys with their Shelby's; or can any one enter? Is there a buy-in?

if you are registered for the event, you can enter. Enthusiasm is is the only other pre-requisit. No buy in necessary.

OUTSTANDING!! Anything to get into the mix!

My plan is to check all of the '07 SGT's and then decide what work I want to do on mine. Then bring my baby over for next year's Bash and get some mods done!

Michael doesn't like to be called "Mike" by the way...LOL... and either does mywickedshelby....just for the newbies....just saying as I know either of them will most likely not say....

Alex

EDIT for spelling

Archived