TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well after 3 weeks finally flew out to drive the Shelby home, pictures of the journey included!

Ecrissman

Well I have been on this forum for a little while researching, learning and posting. Finally after about 3 weeks I flew out to pick the car up and drive it home. It was a little under 500 miles and rained pretty much the entire time, but was a lot of fun. The car was everything I expected it to be, raw, powerful, wonderful exhaust note and attracted a crowd at any rest stop we were at. Here are some pictures of the day documenting the journey. I also wanted to say how much I appreciated this forum and all of the nice members who so freely gave information and advice, thank you!

http://s229.photobuc...mview=slideshow

th_shelby005.jpgth_shelby006.jpgth_shelby007.jpgth_shelby008.jpgth_shelby008.jpgth_shelby010.jpgth_shelby011.jpgth_shelby012.jpgth_shelby014.jpgth_shelby016.jpgth_shelby018.jpg

Congrat`s on your Shelby, your thoughts on the glass roof .

Passed on two other exactly like it but DIDN"T have the roof. It was a must have and although I only drove it home yesterday and its snowing today. My wife and I did comment a few times yesterday about how open and roomy it made the car feel. I honestly wanted it because most don't have it.

Congrats! She's a beaut! Good move on the glass roof, too.

Is that blue painters tape you used for quick protection? If so, how did it hold up?

The painters tape worked great! It was raining or misting the whole trip and it didnt come off.

The painters tape worked great! It was raining or misting the whole trip and it didnt come off.

I'll keep painters tape in mind. Here's another item I've purchased but haven't used yet. It's a good option, and is probably a LOT quicker to apply!

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

Well I have been on this forum for a little while researching, learning and posting. Finally after about 3 weeks I flew out to pick the car up and drive it home. It was a little under 500 miles and rained pretty much the entire time, but was a lot of fun. The car was everything I expected it to be, raw, powerful, wonderful exhaust note and attracted a crowd at any rest stop we were at. Here are some pictures of the day documenting the journey. I also wanted to say how much I appreciated this forum and all of the nice members who so freely gave information and advice, thank you!

http://s229.photobuc...mview=slideshow

th_shelby005.jpgth_shelby006.jpgth_shelby007.jpgth_shelby008.jpgth_shelby008.jpgth_shelby010.jpgth_shelby011.jpgth_shelby012.jpgth_shelby014.jpgth_shelby016.jpgth_shelby018.jpg

Great post. Enjoy your car!

Jer

I'll keep painters tape in mind. Here's another item I've purchased but haven't used yet. It's a good option, and is probably a LOT quicker to apply!

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

Hey bud, be careful how you apply roadwrap. I used it for a trip to Ontario Canada with GT in my avatar, and I thought it was all adhered to the car, but a corner came up and it started flapping on the fender for miles and eventually marred the clear by the time I saw what was going on. When I got to the hotel, there was a small mark on the fender and I have to see if I can get it out. I would have done it sooner, but I got sick in Canada and had to fly home on an air ambulance. The stuff is good, just make sure its 100% stuck to the car. If a corner comes up, it will flap against the car.

Good put! I will take your advice and be sure it's well sealed to the car. Did the Roadwrap product leave any adhesive behind or make any marks aside from the abrasion from the flapping? Thx!

Good luck with the new ride, glad you decided to get the glass roof.

The glass roof really was important to me. Its a little unique, lets lots of light in to show off those reacros. Really feels open, airy while inside.

Archived