TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 on Top Gear tonight

John Canfield

I'm guessing you don't watch Top Gear on BBC much either, as that is where the US version copied it's theme of stupid car stuff mixed with some decent car information from. These three don't quite have the same magic that the guys from Top Gear over the pond have however. "The guy with the beard"...you must not watch NASCAR much either I'm guessing.

Jeremy hates most US cars . He blasted the Shelby GT500 a few years ago. Well Nascar that's a different matter yeah can't watch it. Just got back from 24 hours @ Daytona and had a BALL. The Roush crew was just great to talk with and they really make a fans day.The Continental Grand Am race was great cause Roush won holding off 4 BMW's @ the end with three yellows. Hell even my wife loved it , what a great time we had.That was our 7th 24 Hour race in 20 years. In the 24 hour race Ford won the first 3 places, that has not happened since 1966. There's an ad that reads " 1,2,3,FORD " kind of cool. The new prototype's look fantastic even the Vette. The Roush/Yates engine builders had a Super Bowl day !!!

post-9597-0-10799200-1330271258_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-33315500-1330271657_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-10799200-1330271258_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-33315500-1330271657_thumb.jpg

We saw a program on Speed channel in the middle of the night sometime and it was about the productin of the Boss. I thought it was a good program and for those of us that were around in the era of the 60's muscle cars it was well done. I don't think that is the same program that has been referred to in the earlier posts. This wasn't an entertaiment program but more documentary. Anyway, it was good.

Jeremy hates most US cars . He blasted the Shelby GT500 a few years ago. Well Nascar that's a different matter yeah can't watch it. Just got back from 24 hours @ Daytona and had a BALL. The Roush crew was just great to talk with and they really make a fans day.The Continental Grand Am race was great cause Roush won holding off 4 BMW's @ the end with three yellows. Hell even my wife loved it , what a great time we had.That was our 7th 24 Hour race in 20 years. In the 24 hour race Ford won the first 3 places, that has not happened since 1966. There's an ad that reads " 1,2,3,FORD " kind of cool. The new prototype's look fantastic even the Vette. The Roush/Yates engine builders had a Super Bowl day !!!

I'm glad you had fun at the race. I'm not glad that you didn't look me up! :rant2: I work for Grand Am during the races. During the race, I was one of the three officials at pit out who closes and opens the pits. I'm a technical official while not on track. So next time you go to a Grand Am race, look me up!

---Hi Hertz 102#----- Are you in This picture ? I will be back to Daytona next year, so will look you up. I wish Grand Am came to Road Atlanta cause that is a "great place to race". The whole experience was great @ Daytona from the people to the cars , just outstanding .

post-9597-0-81675600-1330279030_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-81675600-1330279030_thumb.jpg

Hertz 102# I will be back to Daytona next year, so will look you up. I wish Grand Am came to Road Atlanta cause that is a "great place to race". The whole experience was great @ Daytona from the people to the cars , just outstanding .

Sounds good! I miss RA, been there many, many times when I worked for Mustang Challenge, SCCA TA/World Challenge, and Formula Renault. Yes a great place to race, but the ownership of that track makes for it to be tough for GA and Nascar to add to the schedule.

I'm glad you had fun at the race. I'm not glad that you didn't look me up! :rant2: I work for Grand Am during the races. During the race, I was one of the three officials at pit out who closes and opens the pits. I'm a technical official while not on track. So next time you go to a Grand Am race, look me up!
Hi are you in this picture ?

post-9597-0-01276400-1330279362_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-92495500-1330280047_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-01276400-1330279362_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-92495500-1330280047_thumb.jpg

Hi are you in this picture ? See the above post

Yep, but you can't tell. I'm the guy in the blue official shirt furthest away, standing at the cut, look through the gate, just to the left of the gate pole. I know it's me because where I would be at that exact time, standing at the cut directing the Rolex cars back to the pits, preparing the Continental cars for exit onto pit lane. That's where I was for every split during practice between the Rolex end and Continental start. Like hearding cats right there. Gotta love our Space Ball helmets we have to wear on pit lane.

Archived