TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 on Top Gear tonight

John Canfield

A 2012 Boss 302, along with what appears to be a Roush, is going to be featured on the episode of Top Gear airing tonight.

Thought you'd be interested.

Is that on the Speed channel?

Darn it, it figures that I need to get up extra early for a business trip tomorrow, so I can't stay up to watch. I'll have to keep an eye out for a re-run.

Foust, who is not really a big Mustang fan, felt that the Boss was very composed and really enjoyed the car. It was a base Boss, non LS. He obviously loved the car, but wouldn't say it, but you can tell was very impressed and not what he was expecting. The Stig ran both the Boss and a stage 3 Roush (540 hp supercharged) on their track. The Boss was actually .6 seconds faster. Not too surprising. The Boss is very well done for the track. The Roush has a decent suspension also, but it's not all about power it's all around handling. The Boss showed what it's made to do. Pretty good test with the Stig running both cars. They had a split screen comparison of the runs which was pretty impressive. You would think that the power would push the Roush out of the corners better, but it really didn't. The cars were actually very impressive. All were very impressed where the times ended up compared to other cars the Stig has pushed on the track. It was a pretty good showing once you get by all the goofiness of the show in general.

Search "Top Gear".

Remember that ther is the original "Top Gear" which is on BBC all the time, then there is the American version of "Top Gear" which is on the History channel. So make sure and search on the History Channel.

Foust, who is not really a big Mustang fan, felt that the Boss was very composed and really enjoyed the car. It was a base Boss, non LS. He obviously loved the car, but wouldn't say it, but you can tell was very impressed and not what he was expecting. The Stig ran both the Boss and a stage 3 Roush (540 hp supercharged) on their track. The Boss was actually .6 seconds faster. Not too surprising. The Boss is very well done for the track. The Roush has a decent suspension also, but it's not all about power it's all around handling. The Boss showed what it's made to do. Pretty good test with the Stig running both cars. They had a split screen comparison of the runs which was pretty impressive. You would think that the power would push the Roush out of the corners better, but it really didn't. The cars were actually very impressive. All were very impressed where the times ended up compared to other cars the Stig has pushed on the track. It was a pretty good showing once you get by all the goofiness of the show in general.

I agree, lot of goofiness for Hollywood entertainment, but the Stig's split screen of the Roush and Boss was awesome and surprising. I really felt the Roush would have won because of the power with a similar suspension but it didn't. The drag race in the L.A. aqueduct was pretty stupid and the homeless guy bathing in the drainage kind of set the tone (LOL). The classic 1970/ Boss 302, Dodge Challenger, and Camaro drag race would have been nicer on a real track with times, but it was just as lame as the handling course set up in a drive-in theater with all the parking mounds. Would have like to have known what motor the Challenger had in it as it was quickest. Of course the "Horse" race was lame as the automotive Mustang had to stay on the road and observe the posted speed limit. However, I still enjoyed it! B)

I agree, lot of goofiness for Hollywood entertainment, but the Stig's split screen of the Roush and Boss was awesome and surprising. I really felt the Roush would have won because of the power with a similar suspension but it didn't. The drag race in the L.A. aqueduct was pretty stupid and the homeless guy bathing in the drainage kind of set the tone (LOL). The classic 1970/ Boss 302, Dodge Challenger, and Camaro drag race would have been nicer on a real track with times, but it was just as lame as the handling course set up in a drive-in theater with all the parking mounds. Would have like to have known what motor the Challenger had in it as it was quickest. Of course the "Horse" race was lame as the automotive Mustang had to stay on the road and observe the posted speed limit. However, I still enjoyed it! B)

The Challenger used was the top of the line 470hp 392 (6.4L) HEMI. So against the base GT Mustang and the base SS Camaro, it really should win a real drag race. Actually in a real 1/4 mile run on a track, they would all be pretty close. The Camaro used would actually be stomped on with the Auto tranny it had.

The Challenger used was the top of the line 470hp 392 (6.4L) HEMI. So against the base GT Mustang and the base SS Camaro, it really should win a real drag race. Actually in a real 1/4 mile run on a track, they would all be pretty close. The Camaro used would actually be stomped on with the Auto tranny it had.

I was referring to the 1970 Challenger used in the show. Could have been a 340/383/440/ or 426 Hemi. It was quite a bit faster than the 1970 Boss 302 and classic Camaro. It only lost the race because of the brakes (and the driver). The late model Challenger SRT8 was also the fastest on the NASCAR race track on the top end handly beating the Mustang 5.0 and Camaro SS.

The Boss was as advertised, very track worthy and fast. I thought the Roush would stronger/faster but it does go to show you it is not all about high HP when tracking your car. Finally when the list of cars was put up toward the end it showed the Boss 302 was 1 ahead of the Ferrari California, that is impressive.

This has to be the most STUPID show for real car guys. I taped it so I could watch maybe 2 minutes of real car stuff. This show needs to be on the Cartoon network !!The guy with the beard is " mama's boy type " just so freakin stupid it's not funny. The Show "Boss 302 Ford remakes a legend" is on Speed channel Sun 2/26 @ 2am . Now that's worth watching. So tape it.

The guy with the beard is " mama's boy type " just so freakin stupid it's not funny.

I'm guessing you don't watch Top Gear on BBC much either, as that is where the US version copied it's theme of stupid car stuff mixed with some decent car information from. These three don't quite have the same magic that the guys from Top Gear over the pond have however. "The guy with the beard"...you must not watch NASCAR much either I'm guessing.

Yeah the show was pretty painful to watch. I enjoyed watching the Boss but the entire premise of the show is very lame.

Between the US and British verison the best is the Brits. There are at least two other versions that I know of (German and Austrailian) and they think that the Brit version is better too.

Face it, it's entertainment.

That said, the boss (wife) and I agree that the US version is pretty lame. It's not about the cars. The personalities aren't there.

Still we watch it on Sat AM or whenever there isn't anything else on.

Archived