TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ZL1 is almost comparable to the 11-12 GT500

ShelbySupra

While I was waiting for my girlfriend's prescribtion to be filled at CVS, I reading through the March C&D and noticed that they had a comparsion chart showing the 11-12 GT500, Boss, ZL1, and Dodge Challenger SRT-8. This may have been talked about before but I could not help but notice that the current GT500 beat or was neck to neck with all of the ZL1s tests. The current GT500 did the same 0-60 and quarter mile, better braking distance from 70-0, better skid pad, and has a lower starting price then the ZL1. Maybe this is why all of the reviews show the ZL1 vs Boss? If they would of done a 12 ZL1 vs 12 GT500, the GT500 would of outperformed the ZL1 by a notch. When these reviews first came out, Shelby fans were gawking that Chevy must of paid/stipulated the magazines to put its new muscle car against the Boss instead of the GT500. I am starting to believe this might be true. Chevy is doing what ever it can to make the ZL1 look like the best, but actually its a fail. Dont get me wrong, I think the ZL1 is a awesome car but it just shows that Ford is really on top of their game when it comes to the Shelby. In this case, I really think the 13 GT500 will be a good match against the ZR1. BTW C&D also gave the est. price for the new 13 at 59k starting in the article right after. This is really close to what I was told (please dont ask me who, just know its a extremely good source) the starting price would be from $57,495/$58,995. Guess we will find out soon.

R&T did a comparison of the ZL1 and the GTR. Naturally Godzilla smoked the Camaro. The thing that surprised me was they could only get a best time of 12.9 in the 1/4 with the ZL1. Seems it's plagued with the same traction issues as the GT500.

While I was waiting for my girlfriend's prescribtion to be filled at CVS, I reading through the March C&D and noticed that they had a comparsion chart showing the 11-12 GT500, Boss, ZL1, and Dodge Challenger SRT-8. This may have been talked about before but I could not help but notice that the current GT500 beat or was neck to neck with all of the ZL1s tests. The current GT500 did the same 0-60 and quarter mile, better braking distance from 70-0, better skid pad, and has a lower starting price then the ZL1. Maybe this is why all of the reviews show the ZL1 vs Boss? If they would of done a 12 ZL1 vs 12 GT500, the GT500 would of outperformed the ZL1 by a notch. When these reviews first came out, Shelby fans were gawking that Chevy must of paid/stipulated the magazines to put its new muscle car against the Boss instead of the GT500. I am starting to believe this might be true. Chevy is doing what ever it can to make the ZL1 look like the best, but actually its a fail. Dont get me wrong, I think the ZL1 is a awesome car but it just shows that Ford is really on top of their game when it comes to the Shelby. In this case, I really think the 13 GT500 will be a good match against the ZR1. BTW C&D also gave the est. price for the new 13 at 59k starting in the article right after. This is really close to what I was told (please dont ask me who, just know its a extremely good source) the starting price would be from $57,495/$58,995. Guess we will find out soon.

This is what I've been saying all along. You have keep in mind that GM benchmarked the 2010-2011 GT500. It's probably a driver's race between the two. Just look at the power to weight ratios. GM got caught with their pants down when Ford anounced the 2013 GT500. The GT500 is just gonna separate itself more from the ZL1 performance wise. In other words, expect the 2013 GT500 to kick the ZL1's ass. :banvictory:

This is what I've been saying all along. You have keep in mind that GM benchmarked the 2010-2011 GT500. It's probably a driver's race between the two. Just look at the power to weight ratios. GM got caught with their pants down when Ford anounced the 2013 GT500. The GT500 is just gonna separate itself more from the ZL1 performance wise. In other words, expect the 2013 GT500 to kick the ZL1's ass. :banvictory:

Lol do not post any of this at Camaro5....lol you would be banned quicker than you could do a 2nd post. According to them, the Boss was done because its the best "track" car, and the GT500 13 are just numbers...not a real car yet.....

Funny how I missed that article of the Boss beating a 11 GT500........oh wait.

Lol do not post any of this at Camaro5....lol you would be banned quicker than you could do a 2nd post. According to them, the Boss was done because its the best "track" car, and the GT500 13 are just numbers...not a real car yet.....

Those delusional cry babies at camaro5 really crack me up. I think I lost several points off my IQ score by reading some of their ridiculous posts. Go to svtperformance.com. There is a ton of info on the GT500 vs. ZL1 debate. Several members from there have also been banned from camaro5 for posting facts. Camaro5 has become the laughing stock of all auto forums. Those guys live in their own fantasy world. :wacko: I think they believe that their cars can actually transform. :hysterical:

Boss is a better track car then the GT500?? LOL! The Boss is a amazing car but Its funny that the Camaro guys would think that its in the league of the ZL1. It only made perfect sense to put the 2012 ZL1 against the 2012 GT500. I hope someone will do a true test against the two before the 13 comes out.

Unless I'm mistaken, the ZL1 is still not even in production. With all the hype being circulated without it even being available for purchase, looks like Chevrolet may have hired the same P.R. people that worked on the Obama campaign! Of course he also "bailed 'em out," so I'm not surprised by that either...lol :P

Well its still a great car...win or lose. Grateful for the US Hot Rod modern era!

Say what you want about any of them...

At least they are US automakers. And really the battle will be on track days all around the US.

Pretty Awesome...you guys are all brushing up on your track skills right? LOL

Cheers!

Archived