TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just sat in a new 50th Anniversary Shelby GT500 at the Shelby Showroom in Vegas!!

tdshelby

67 to 07 is 40 years. Thus the 07 40th anniversary package. 67 was the first GT500.

SAI is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Started in 1962 to 2012 is 50 years.

Your math is just mixing the history up a little, thats all.

The 50th Golden Anniversary refers to Shelby American which started in 1962, not the cars, despite SAI not being in continuous production over 50 years. I saw that GT500 a couple of weeks ago on the tour (also found my wall signature above the Cobra production room from 1997) also and it had a water bottle on the front seat, passenger door ajar. lots of finger prints and dust.

By the way, cool pic of the 50th SS.

I was there that day picking up some parts that I had ordered.

Was on my way out when I saw the tour guide open the for for you.

Very cool.

Where do you pick up parts? All I have seen is the gift shop. I would like to try to get some parts and pick them up before the Bash instead of shipping. BTW are you going to be at the bash and or drive out to LA? Juan was great and very informative and personable.

Where do you pick up parts? All I have seen is the gift shop.

I've ordered parts on the phone and picked them up at the giftshop. You have to pre-arrange it and it does save you shipping costs. I thought they'd add NV sales tax but they didn't. You can't walk in, order the parts and pick them up, it HAS to be by phone or on-line.

Phill

Where do you pick up parts? All I have seen is the gift shop. I would like to try to get some parts and pick them up before the Bash instead of shipping. BTW are you going to be at the bash and or drive out to LA? Juan was great and very informative and personable.

Call Tim Hill. He is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He was who I spoke with.

Yes, I am going to LA and driving back with the group.

Can't come soon enough.

I've ordered parts on the phone and picked them up at the giftshop. You have to pre-arrange it and it does save you shipping costs. I thought they'd add NV sales tax but they didn't. You can't walk in, order the parts and pick them up, it HAS to be by phone or on-line.

Phill

Thanks Phill. That Kona blue is beautiful. I was just in Hawaii and the water is just that color. Great Car.

Archived