TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5-year ownership anniversary...

07SGT0086

Today marks the day 5-years ago when we purchased our SGT… I can’t really consider this as a birthday, but it kinda feels like an equivalent milestone.

I still vividly remember that day 5-years ago when we finally decided to not wait any longer to order an SGT (ADM’s were just horrific back then) and made the 2-hour drive to make a successful offer on a lightly optioned SGT that had recently arrived in inventory.

During the subsequent 5-years of ownership we have not tallied many miles on our SGT (enclosed trailer), but it has been regularly exercised and collected its share of Regional Autocross victories when I’m able to get time away from work.

I’m sure there are still quite a few other original SGT owners here on Team Shelby that will have their own similar anniversaries soon… congratulations!

Awesome !

You have me by a year.

Today, being the 18th of Feb is 4 years ago that I purchased my SGT new off the showroom floor. To date 5,100 approx miles.

Will be putting a few more miles on tomorrow as the weather forecast looks to be good here in Northern California.

Our 5 year anniversary will be on March 23 when the SGT was delivered in an enclosed trailer from a dealer in Kansas. It went from their enclosed trailer into a storage unit as there was still too much snow, sand, and salt to have it out in the NE roads. Of course, we did have to take it for a short spin just to verify that everything was OK. Since then we have put over 13K miles and have enjoyed every one of them.

Mike

Wow.......................it's been five years already.................and thousands of dollars. :drop:

Congratulations!

Hard to believe 5 years has gone by. I will have owned mine for 5 years on May 4. I might hit 10K miles by then.

5 years on June 12th.......30,000 miles, been in 35 states....taking her to Europe this Summer for an 8 country driving tour including track time at the Nurburgring and LeMans!

best ride of my life!

Nice, wish I had your money Michael :yup:

After this year, I wont have any left, :shrug:

but you wont be able to get the smile off my face with a handgun! :yup:

Yeah, both daughters got/getting married within a few months of each other, so I have no money. I also lost 2 dependants off my taxes, so now uncle sam wants more of my money too. The Shelby should be paid off this year, so that'll help. Anyway, enjoy yourself in Europe and at the 50th Bash!

Archived