TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found my car! sorta (new guy)

Hello men,

My screen name BHUJANGASANA is from an ancient language in India meaning Serpent, or of course, Cobra. As of today I drive a 2005 Mustang GT black on black 5speed coupe. I live in Los Angeles, home to what's got to be the highest ADM in the country. Heck I even paid 4000 over MSRP for my GT when the new 05s came out. At the time they were in such high demand here and I thought they were worth it. Although now GTs are sitting on the lots back to back with 0% financing hence my initial recutlance to pay ADM on a GT500. However, after studying this site and all the knowledge you guys have shared I'm about to jump in pending finding a car i can afford to pull the trigger on. That being said, I found one on the showroom floor here in LA 5 blocks from my house. It's a black coupe with gray stripes and the dealer is asking 20,000 over. I at first offered 5,000 over well knowing he would never go for it but stranger things have happened. It's been 10 days now and it's still there. I've been back and forth three or four times to talk with the salesman and his Mgr and to dazzle them with all the BS i've learned here, and quite honestly I know more about this car and the market then they do thanks to you guys. Anyway, today the mgr offered me the car at 15.000 ADM and said if I did'nt want it he could always sell it to another dealer. A scenario which we all know to well. I feel 15,000 a bit to high for my circumstance and countered with an offer of 10,000 over. Think I got a chance? They were turning off the lights and as I was walking out the door I made my offer. perhaps since the car's been sitting there this long this close to my house it was meant to be. We shall see. Thoughts? And thanks for your time.

Rudy

Ultimately , you pay what you want to, it's up to you. If you can afford it then do it, if not keep looking, I could'nt find one in my area for under 15k over MSRP UP TO 20K over . Most were already sold before they hit the dealers!! I got mine Oct.26,06 !! Went online emailed many dealers for a price quote they advertise that from ford, you can do this, saves fuel(i thought :doh: ) ended up flying 1200 mi to get it and drive it home :speedie::woot: So in the end I ended up paying as much or more than the 15k adm, but had fun driving home, with the wife egging me on GO FASTER when I was already doing 120 on a 2 lane rural out in the middle of know where road, I tapped the pedal and looked down and 140+ I did'nt want to hit a cow! I asked my wife how fast do you think we were going ? She thought 80 before Igot on it and now 110 or something? She was very suprised!! :spiteful::shift: She said she felt very comfortable and safe ( she is usually nervous in the passenger seat) so I knew when she was telling the truth, she actually was relaxed till Itold her how fast we were gooing, he, he, he. Anyway, can you syliabilitize--sp? the title for your name??B-huj-ang-asana??

Hello men,

My screen name BHUJANGASANA is from an ancient language in India meaning Serpent, or of course, Cobra. As of today I drive a 2005 Mustang GT black on black 5speed coupe. I live in Los Angeles, home to what's got to be the highest ADM in the country. Heck I even paid 4000 over MSRP for my GT when the new 05s came out. At the time they were in such high demand here and I thought they were worth it. Although now GTs are sitting on the lots back to back with 0% financing hence my initial recutlance to pay ADM on a GT500. However, after studying this site and all the knowledge you guys have shared I'm about to jump in pending finding a car i can afford to pull the trigger on. That being said, I found one on the showroom floor here in LA 5 blocks from my house. It's a black coupe with gray stripes and the dealer is asking 20,000 over. I at first offered 5,000 over well knowing he would never go for it but stranger things have happened. It's been 10 days now and it's still there. I've been back and forth three or four times to talk with the salesman and his Mgr and to dazzle them with all the BS i've learned here, and quite honestly I know more about this car and the market then they do thanks to you guys. Anyway, today the mgr offered me the car at 15.000 ADM and said if I did'nt want it he could always sell it to another dealer. A scenario which we all know to well. I feel 15,000 a bit to high for my circumstance and countered with an offer of 10,000 over. Think I got a chance? They were turning off the lights and as I was walking out the door I made my offer. perhaps since the car's been sitting there this long this close to my house it was meant to be. We shall see. Thoughts? And thanks for your time.

Rudy

Call the dealer and tell them you found one you can buy for $10k over and you are your way to go get it, BUT, since they are closer to you you would come buy theirs for the same deal if they want to sell it. Otherwise you will go buy the other one!

If it doesn't work you can always come back later and just say the other dealer sold it before you got there because someone else walked in and bought it while you were driving there.

Welcome BHUJANGASANA !! :happy feet:

PS. I wouldn't refer to everyone here as 'men', we have a bunch of great women on the site also.

Good point SCGT500. Yeah the men salutation thing is a military carryover from many years ago. Sorry ladies. BHUJANGASANA is pronounced (BOO - JA - GA- SANA).

Good point SCGT500. Yeah the men salutation thing is a military carryover from many years ago. Sorry ladies. BHUJANGASANA is pronounced (BOO - JA - GA- SANA).

I'm still having problems saying it. Try it 3 times fast :hysterical: I think I'll just call you Boo :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Hello men,

Rudy

"BOO" here kids with an update from my orignal post above. A few mins ago the sales Mgr called me and said "come on in and lets see if we can make this our lucky day". I doubt he wants to accept my 10,000 over offer (And i'm not sure I want to give it) but it sound as if they may be willing to soften their stance. Advice please...I'm going to use my GT desribed above as a trade in. My question is should i try to trade it with the 20" wheels, Basani axelback exhaust, pro kit lowering springs and Diablio tune and try to get more for my trade (I need all I can get to make this happen) or does turning it back to stock make better cents (pun intended) Does it matter? I know I could use my black 2o" wheels on the new Black 500 but i feel i may want to stay with the stock 18s. Would my pro kit springs work on lowering the 500? Doubtdful due to the weight difference. And what about my bassanis? Would they work on the 500? i doubt that as well. thoughts.

thanks, BOO

Welcome, Boo!

Just my 2c. Get your car back to stock as much as you can before you trade. (don't even mention any internal mods - it'll lower the value)

Be firm on the $10k over. They may try to wear you down - but remember - they're getting $10k over MSRP.

I wouldn't budge. Don't appear too eager. It's like showing a wound. And - don't let them keep you there longer than 30 mins. Ask to speak to the person who makes the deals - not the salesperson. You're a busy guy.

Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Ruf

"BOO" here kids with an update from my orignal post above. A few mins ago the sales Mgr called me and said "come on in and lets see if we can make this our lucky day". I doubt he wants to accept my 10,000 over offer (And i'm not sure I want to give it) but it sound as if they may be willing to soften their stance. Advice please...I'm going to use my GT desribed above as a trade in. My question is should i try to trade it with the 20" wheels, Basani axelback exhaust, pro kit lowering springs and Diablio tune and try to get more for my trade (I need all I can get to make this happen) or does turning it back to stock make better cents (pun intended) Does it matter? I know I could use my black 2o" wheels on the new Black 500 but i feel i may want to stay with the stock 18s. Would my pro kit springs work on lowering the 500? Doubtdful due to the weight difference. And what about my bassanis? Would they work on the 500? i doubt that as well. thoughts.

thanks, BOO

None of the mods will help with trade value. It will actually hurt it. The dealer will need to put it back to stock and that will cost them to do it and they will deduct that cost from the value.

Anytime you do any mods to enhance your car you do it merely for yourself. Never do it to increase it's value. It doesn't. Regardless of what you spent on it, that is money you will never get back out of it and when you go to trade it it will actually hurt you, not help you with more value.

Like RUF said, turn it back to stock before trading it.

thanks, BOO

On another note, if they want $15k over and you are willing to pay $10k over then just add the extra $5k to what you want for trade! LOL

Hey...you want $15k ADM and I want $5k ACM (added customer mark-up) :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hello men,

Rudy

It seems you learned something by paying over on your GT, now just apply that knowledge to this purchase.

If you are patient, you will see these cars for MSRP. That's just a reality. Even if you don't, isn't it worth 10-20k to wait to see if I am wrong?

Win win situation - these cars are being produced next year and the year after.

Good luck, but think with your mind, not with your 'gotta have it now' senses.

thanks, BOO

Mods don't count towards your trade-in - that's an unfortunate truth I learned on many trade-ins of modified Mustangs.

thanks, BOO

UPDATE PART 2: Read the above if you're just getting into the mix. Ok so i go meet with the sales mgr and he gives me what he thinks is my trade in value....before i tell you his number, take an educated guess and then i'll post the amount to see who comes closest. Wanna play? Place yourself in my shoes and tell me what you think is a fair price for my 05 GT described at the top of this post if it were you. Forget all the mods as i've been advised they don't matter (they don't! I'm going to return it back stock if i to trade it and keep it as is if I sell it myself and go that route) and consider it's got only 15,000 miles and not a scratch plus the upgraded interior. We did'nt get into the ADM because i told him i needed to think about my trade value and I figured it was no use to put the cart before the horse. Thoughts?

UPDATE PART 2: Read the above if you're just getting into the mix. Ok so i go meet with the sales mgr and he gives me what he thinks is my trade in value....before i tell you his number, take an educated guess and then i'll post the amount to see who comes closest. Wanna play? Place yourself in my shoes and tell me what you think is a fair price for my 05 GT described at the top of this post if it were you. Forget all the mods as i've been advised they don't matter (they don't! I'm going to return it back stock if i to trade it and keep it as is if I sell it myself and go that route) and consider it's got only 15,000 miles and not a scratch plus the upgraded interior. We did'nt get into the ADM because i told him i needed to think about my trade value and I figured it was no use to put the cart before the horse. Thoughts?

2005 GT Mustang with leather, 15k miles.

$18k - $19k trade in.

2005 GT Mustang with leather, 15k miles.

$18k - $19k trade in.

I hate U. u nailed it! LOL God i'm going to take a beating on this deal, coming and going. next question, trade or sell it myself? If i sell it myself I may get more money but will probaly miss out on my dream car sitting 5 blocks from my house on the showroom floor.

I hate U. u nailed it! LOL God i'm going to take a beating on this deal, coming and going. next question, trade or sell it myself? If i sell it myself I may get more money but will probaly miss out on my dream car sitting 5 blocks from my house on the showroom floor.

If you sell it you should get about $3k - $4k more than the trade in value.

But also realize the sales tax you save when trading. What is the tax there?

Based on a 7% sale tax and a trade value of $18,500 you would save $1,295 in tax on the purchase of the Shelby. If you buy it without the trade the tax would be $1,295 higher.

So based on the $1,295 tax savings by trading it would be the same as if you sold it yourself for $19,795

That would be your break even point selling it yourself. Anything over that amount is money in your pocket.

That is all assuming a $18,500 trade in value and a 7% sales tax on new cars in your state.

BJ,

There is a Black Coupe with Tungston stripes @ Walker Burge Ford in WLA. The ADM on the window is $15,000.00 as of yesterday (4-07). If your car is not the one at Walker Burge, then go over there and try to work them down from $15,000 as opposed to $20,000. Who knows, you may prevail on the deal.

Good luck.

BTW Welcome to you, fellow Angelino. Are you going to attend the Fabulous Ford's Forever show at Knott's on the 22nd?

SoGT.

BJ,

There is a Black Coupe with Tungston stripes @ Walker Burge Ford in WLA. The ADM on the window is $15,000.00 as of yesterday (4-07). If your car is not the one at Walker Burge, then go over there and try to work them down from $15,000 as opposed to $20,000. Who knows, you may prevail on the deal.

Good luck.

BTW Welcome to you, fellow Angelino. Are you going to attend the Fabulous Ford's Forever show at Knott's on the 22nd?

SoGT.

SoGt. It may be the same car. is Walker Burge the same Burge ford on santa Monica Blvd a few blocks east Of Bundy? What time were you there? If it's the same car I last saw it at 3pm witrh 20 over but I got the mgr to already agree to 15 over. i really need 10 over and a bit more on my GT trade. Or STICKER and you can roll my GT off the santa Monica pier :) Can't go on the 22nd. i have a yoga studio in santa monica and sundays are my most busy. Stay in touch.

Sell it and then get a GT500.

They are making more of them, you know?

You sound really impulsive, but are aware of how compulsive you are. Sounds like you need to have some self control and some patience, it'll all work out in your favor if you bide your time, sell your own car, and wait for the ADM's to die down or get more into your range.

Sell it and then get a GT500.

They are making more of them, you know?

You sound really impulsive, but are aware of how compulsive you are. Sounds like you need to have some self control and some patience, it'll all work out in your favor if you bide your time, sell your own car, and wait for the ADM's to die down or get more into your range.

Impulsive and compulsive? nah I just sound that way for dramatic effect. It's just that the exact car I want is within throwing distance from my house and we hear all the time about people searchin the county for the right car and they supposely sell these car so quick that the dealers get Huge 15-25 g over so yeah i'm just havin fun on the hunt. If I never get one of these cars i'll never lose any sleep over it.... NOW! the 68 corvette vert with a 427 big block i sold many years ago when i neede the cash, that car still keeps me up some nights. I'll get one of these in good time. my time. However thanks for the free thearpy (SP)

SoGt. It may be the same car. is Walker Burge the same Burge ford on santa Monica Blvd a few blocks east Of Bundy? What time were you there? If it's the same car I last saw it at 3pm witrh 20 over but I got the mgr to already agree to 15 over. i really need 10 over and a bit more on my GT trade. Or STICKER and you can roll my GT off the santa Monica pier :) Can't go on the 22nd. i have a yoga studio in santa monica and sundays are my most busy. Stay in touch.

Yes, that's the dealer and the car. I was there just before the Parts Dept. was closing, around 4ish I guess. One of the salesman came outside and approached me moments after I pulled up in front with my 500. I asked him how much the ADM was on their 500, and he said "well, it's set at $20,000 on the sticker, but I think that we would only (only?) take $15,000 over if someone is really serious. I said "good luck" and went into the Parts Department.

If the car has been there for, I believe you said a month already, I guess you could take a chance that it won't sell before the end of April, and if it doesn't, you might have a better chance getting the ADM to $10,000 because the dealer may not want to pay flooring for another month.

Too bad about Sunday the 22nd, but you have to pay for the car first before you can take it to a show.

Good luck to You.

Yes, that's the dealer and the car. I was there just before the Parts Dept. was closing, around 4ish I guess. One of the salesman came outside and approached me moments after I pulled up in front with my 500. I asked him how much the ADM was on their 500, and he said "well, it's set at $20,000 on the sticker, but I think that we would only (only?) take $15,000 over if someone is really serious. I said "good luck" and went into the Parts Department.

If the car has been there for, I believe you said a month already, I guess you could take a chance that it won't sell before the end of April, and if it doesn't, you might have a better chance getting the ADM to $10,000 because the dealer may not want to pay flooring for another month.

Too bad about Sunday the 22nd, but you have to pay for the car first before you can take it to a show.

Good luck to You.

I looked this car up. It was delivered to the dealer on March 26th. So it hasn't been a month yet. But from what I heve been seeing it appears $20k - $25k over seems to be the norm for ADM asking prices on the west coast.

BTW, there are 24 Black Shelby GT500 Coupes showing in the CA region alone. I think CA has the most Shelby's in inventory compared to other areas throughout the country.

I looked this car up. It was delivered to the dealer on March 26th. So it hasn't been a month yet. But from what I heve been seeing it appears $20k - $25k over seems to be the norm for ADM asking prices on the west coast.

BTW, there are 24 Black Shelby GT500 Coupes showing in the CA region alone. I think CA has the most Shelby's in inventory compared to other areas throughout the country.

Yep. thats the one. If I could sell mine quickly or get a better trade i'd almost pull the trigger on the 15 over. Almost.

Archived