TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 3/4" H-pipe with High-Flow Cats???

SteelTownStang

Just installed the Borla S-type on my 2012 GT500. While it sounds good, I would like more volume. Are there any 2 3/4" H w/high-flow cats available that can connect directly to the OEM mid-pipe? Also, would the high-flow cats make any noticeable difference in sound? Lastly, I'm planning to reinstall my 2.59 pulley w/tune. Any special tuning required w/the high-flow cats. Thanks!

You know i just found this as well. This is for 07-10 GT500's. Very cool, looks like these are interchangeable with the kooks x pipes. The system i got was the 1 7/8" headers and x pipe. I believe with the oem 2.5" connection.

http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_1495wt_905

And so far everything I've seen like what you want to do is using an h pipe with their cat back systems. Basically 3" systems.

You know i just found this as well. This is for 07-10 GT500's. Very cool, looks like these are interchangeable with the kooks x pipes. The system i got was the 1 7/8" headers and x pipe. I believe with the oem 2.5" connection.

http://www.ebay.com/...5#ht_1495wt_905

And so far everything I've seen like what you want to do is using an h pipe with their cat back systems. Basically 3" systems.

Yeah, it looks that way... How do you like your longtubes?

I absolutely LOVE my longtubes! Believe it or not installing the headers and a tune picked up about 30hp and 35 tq. MBRP doesnt make one for the stock fitments only for their systems. But I dont think i want to go with an Off road pipe just because of emission issues. So far the high flow cats on my kooks x pipe have been working great. But would really love to have an h pipe just for the deeper throatier sound.

Archived