TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby 500

stg

Maybe selling my Shelby gt, for a 500 ;), I did a car fax on the 500, 1450 mlies on it. Checked with Ford, no major work has been done to the car..

is there anything I should look for,.... Thks for your help..... BEST SITE ON THE WEB T/

FYI for any used car purchase: - Be aware that a CarFax reports only provides information from an Insurance claim and car dealers. At least here in the Northeast, DMV has no requirements for body shops about repair information being submitted into a data base. For example, if I ran off the road and never reported it, paid out of pocket and I had the car repaired at ABC Autobody, CarFAX would never know. When looking at vehicle for collision damage, veiw underhood areas, primarily around the fender bolts. Looking for chipped paint on the hex bolts and lack of paint where a bolt was loosend to realign a panel. Also each fender should have a FORD logo stamped into the bolt flange area. As for the 2010 itself, the only concerning issue I've heard of was some displayed transmission issues when shifting hard from 1st-2nd. They would grind a bit.

there was a post back in 2000 for folks buying a GT500 for things to look for.I think Phil may have posted it., do a search As to issues, many have had issues power shifting from 1st to 2nd--bring it up to 5800,use the clutch, and pull back hard --see what happens.Be aware, these cars requier depressing the clutch all the way to the floor. Id check to see if its been modded--look for an undersize pulley etc. RePaint should be easy to see--Id put it up on alift to look for any damage.Ive got 6000 miles on my vert and still love it pricing??It should still be under warranty--if you buy it from a dealer,see if theyll throw in an extended warranty for you

Archived