TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Boss 351 Speculation? ?

robertlane

OK - I am over on the Boss 351 Forum and have started a topic about a potential 2014 Boss 351 Mustang. Let's have some fun and speculate about it:

http://boss351forum....ou-like-to-see/

Why stop at the 351 Boss................ lets start talking about the the Boss 429!!!!!!

I thinks I just pooped myself a little bit. :party:

QSS

OK - I am over on the Boss 351 Forum and have started a topic about a potential 2014 Boss 351 Mustang. Let's have some fun and speculate about it:

Will the next ( 2014 ) - Boss 351 look something like this car ,,which is a real car ,,not a photoshop or drawing ,,that the Ford guys have really made ,,2012-ford-mustang-pics1.jpg ,,, :camera: ,,,,,, :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo: .this might be a V6 model thoe because of the blue ford on the wheel caps ,,YES this is the real deal car ,,its real .bulit by Ford .

2012-ford-mustang-pics1.jpg

I've speculated this on here and other forums ever since I saw the 5.8 displacement announcement for the new GT500. It would make perfect sense, and help bring down production costs of a specialty engine with its ability to allow greater output of an existing product. With an ability to put out something in the 475hp range N/A, and give the current body a last minute 'hurrah' on its way out to be replaced with the 2015 model year car, it would also follow in the footsteps of the Boss 302 in mirroring the amount of production time its ancestor had, one year. Would love to see it!

I've speculated this on here and other forums ever since I saw the 5.8 displacement announcement for the new GT500. It would make perfect sense, and help bring down production costs of a specialty engine with its ability to allow greater output of an existing product. With an ability to put out something in the 475hp range N/A, and give the current body a last minute 'hurrah' on its way out to be replaced with the 2015 model year car, it would also follow in the footsteps of the Boss 302 in mirroring the amount of production time its ancestor had, one year. Would love to see it!

+1000, seems like the natural progression to me :rockon:

Im looking at your siganture...Did you end up getting a BOSS 302?

While you're asking him that, I have to ask you about the '70 Mach 1 in your signature. Looks a lot like one that was parked near our Mach 1 Registry group in Birmingham for the 45th. If it is, I have to say; that is one really nice car. Seriously.

I think the 5.4 / 5.8 will be fazed out in favor of the 6.2. The 6.2 is in the 2011 Super Duties and I would think it would think it would be "smarter" to incorporate one engine block into the Super Duty / GT500 / Boss cars, JMO.

I had a 5.4 in a Super Duty. Now I have a 6.2 in a Super Duty and I can tell you the difference is night and day, it's awesome! I can only imagine what it would be like in a Boss or GT500. :peelout:

There was a 6.2 installed in a mule that was actually on track in Birmingham. Back then the 6.2 was actually referred to as a Boss 6.2 ( I have a Ford mailer on the Raptor with that actual description) and was considered. I suspect there may be a weight/handling issue with the torquey 2V truck motor that is better served with the 5.4/5.8.

Robert,

I would imagine if Ford is pleased with the 2 year run of the current 302's, then why not cash in on the new 5.8L (351ci) engine R&D costs they dumped into the 2013 Shelby GT500 with a NA version and another Boss?

Well as long as we're speculating ... We've had a two year run (2012 - 2013) on the Boss 302. Now do we do the final year of the SN197 body (2014, and a short year at that probably) with another Boss 302 or may a one-year only run Boss 351? I don't think we'll see the 5.8L or bigger motor in a Mustang beginning with the 2015 new smaller/lighter model and beyond. if we see a V-8 in the 2015 Mustang it will probably be the 5.0 edition. Maybe the Shelby GT-500 lineup will disappear altogether and the top performance Ford Mustang will return to being the Mustang Cobra again just like in 1993 thru 2004 powered by different versions of the 5.0? Why not a third and final year of Boss 302 and a one year only return of the 351 powered 2014 Mach 1?

*isn't the new 5.8L actually 355 cubic inches and not 351?

Will the next ( 2014 ) - Boss 351 look something like this car ,,which is a real car ,,not a photoshop or drawing ,,that the Ford guys have really made ,,post-12534-0-51735200-1329031015_thumb.jpg ,,, :camera: ,,,,,, :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo: .this might be a V6 model thoe because of the blue ford on the wheel caps ,,YES this is the real deal car ,,its real .bulit by Ford .

Looks too much like a camaro. :barf:

While you're asking him that, I have to ask you about the '70 Mach 1 in your signature. Looks a lot like one that was parked near our Mach 1 Registry group in Birmingham for the 45th. If it is, I have to say; that is one really nice car. Seriously.

Falcon,

No, thats not mine but its the same color and most options (minus the 428). I saw this at the 45th and needed a picture. I was planning on painting my mach 1 a different color, till I saw this one. mine is awaiting paint, all body wrok completed, just need the funds.

I think the whole idea behind a Boss 351 is really interesting. Someone on the Stanger on the boss351.com mentioned a naturally aspirated 5.8L. This would certainly seperate it from the GT500's 5.8L S/C version.

Again ... idle speculation. A one year only Boss 351(last year SN197) would allow Ford once more to repeat history like in 1971, It might spur intrest in one more year of a platform being phased out much like the Mach 1's and Cobra's did in 2003 and 2004. It would need to be a 475 to 500 hp N/A version of the 5.8 to place the hp nicely between the GT and GT-500 levels.

• 3 months later...

This idea would be great; the only problem is how can they afford to make yet another Mustang:

v6

GT

Boss 302

Boss 302 LS

Shelby GT500

I don't think Mustang sales would be enough to constitute yet another Mustang unless they built just enough to sell for a profit and then based on those sales decide how many to produce.

Not to mention: Boss 351 LS vs Shelby GT500

The idea of a supercharged potential Boss 351 does make me smile though.

Archived