TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Allocations?

Not a clue. It won't be manufactured until next spring, so there would be plenty of time for speculation.

One thing that I did glean from the show in speaking to a few Ford exec's-- they all seemed pretty sad that the cars had the mark-ups that they did and did not end up in the hands of the folks who love them without paying 'the price'. I mean, they honestly seemed bummed.

Not that I think anything can be done to ameliorate the situation with only a thousand or so being produced...

• 2 weeks later...
Not a clue. It won't be manufactured until next spring, so there would be plenty of time for speculation.

One thing that I did glean from the show in speaking to a few Ford exec's-- they all seemed pretty sad that the cars had the mark-ups that they did and did not end up in the hands of the folks who love them without paying 'the price'. I mean, they honestly seemed bummed.

Not that I think anything can be done to ameliorate the situation with only a thousand or so being produced...

ameliorate?

I bet they don't ask the definition of this word on the show "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?"

• 2 weeks later...

I was told from a very reliable source how the allocation for the GT500KR would take place.

At a particular date and time, Ford will make random selections from the master order bank of 08 Shelby GT500 production. A Ford representative will contact the dealer who has the selected 08 GT500 booked and will be instructed to contact their customer with the offer to upgrade to the GT500KR. If the customer accepts, great…..he or she gets the KR. Should the customer decline, Ford selects another order and moves on until all; roughly 1000 units have been allocated.

That’s it…..no GT500KR order bank, no dealer allocation based on anything……just luck of the draw for some unsuspecting Shelby GT500 customer waiting patiently for this fantastic car. So, if you really want one, you better get into the order bank and hope lightening strikes……those are about the odds to get one!!!!

Good luck,

I was told from a very reliable source how the allocation for the GT500KR would take place.

At a particular date and time, Ford will make random selections from the master order bank of 08 Shelby GT500 production. A Ford representative will contact the dealer who has the selected 08 GT500 booked and will be instructed to contact their customer with the offer to upgrade to the GT500KR. If the customer accepts, great…..he or she gets the KR. Should the customer decline, Ford selects another order and moves on until all; roughly 1000 units have been allocated.

That’s it…..no GT500KR order bank, no dealer allocation based on anything……just luck of the draw for some unsuspecting Shelby GT500 customer waiting patiently for this fantastic car. So, if you really want one, you better get into the order bank and hope lightening strikes……those are about the odds to get one!!!!

Good luck,

Where did you get your info? I have heard that President award winners will get 1 then the remaining 300+ cars will be given to dealers in a lottery. It make zero sense that Ford would offer KRs to '08 GT500 order customers. If you are correct this is seriously screwed up.....shoyoright.....

Where did you get your info? I have heard that President award winners will get 1 then the remaining 300+ cars will be given to dealers in a lottery. It make zero sense that Ford would offer KRs to '08 GT500 order customers. If you are correct this is seriously screwed up.....shoyoright.....

I think it makes perfect sense, why wouldn't you want the KR option if you had the chance. Ford would like to see happy customers IMO. Now if your a dealer, I can see how that would throw a wrench in your spokes.

• 5 weeks later...

Good luck,

Someone has creative thinking for sure, but its bunk and will never happen that way.

Someone has creative thinking for sure, but its bunk and will never happen that way.

WAS TOLD BY DEALER THIS MORNING THAT THEY HAVE A SALES MEETING ARE SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT WERE FATORY REPS ASK THEM TO SIGN UP FOR .SOME HOW SOME DEALER GET PICKED GETS 5 KR TO SELL THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEALERS GOING TO FLAT ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the half intelligent dealership owners will be placing the orders before hand, keeping the KR's for mucho dinnero auctions. There are always a lucky few. $130,000 for a 48 to 56K investment will make even the honest dealerships and salesmen do what ever they have to do for the money. We will see some very happy people and some really, really mad people when this comes into play.

WAS TOLD BY DEALER THIS MORNING THAT THEY HAVE A SALES MEETING ARE SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT WERE FATORY REPS ASK THEM TO SIGN UP FOR .SOME HOW SOME DEALER GET PICKED GETS 5 KR TO SELL THERE WILL BE A LOT OF DEALERS GOING TO FLAT ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this? The meeting I think the dealer was speaking of is the annual national sales meeting Ford has. I believe it's not too far in the future. Some of you dealers out there help me on this one. What if every attending dealer principle was entered onto a drawing for the allocation of one 2008 GT500KR? It would serve Ford since attendence to the meeting would probably be higher than average and serve the dealers for a chance to get a KR.

Here's the kicker. Recently production numbers for the Shelby GT were released at 2200 with 70% being convertibles. I thought that was an odd number. I believe ShelbyDude said there are about 3200-3300 dealers currently. What if 1000 KRs are allocated via lottery at the sale meeting and the remaining 2200+ dealers each get a 2008 Sheby GT allocated as the consolation prize.

The 2008 SGTs will all be Vista Blue w/White (maybe the KRs too?) The verts will be rare as there will only be 1500-1600 out of the two year run of 8200 SGTs and the Vista Blue coupes will be even rarer (at least color wise) with 600-700 built. This way every dealer at least gets something. The SGT ends up being a hot commodity for 2008 which is important to the dealers since the MY 2007 cars don't seem to be moving very quickly. Of course there is a downside to us as consumers since there will be a reason for another round of ADMs, this time on the Shelby GTs.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knew when the KR Order Guides were going to be delivered to the dealers? :shrug:

How about this? The meeting I think the dealer was speaking of is the annual national sales meeting Ford has. I believe it's not too far in the future. Some of you dealers out there help me on this one. What if every attending dealer principle was entered onto a drawing for the allocation of one 2008 GT500KR? It would serve Ford since attendence to the meeting would probably be higher than average and serve the dealers for a chance to get a KR.

Here's the kicker. Recently production numbers for the Shelby GT were released at 2200 with 70% being convertibles. I thought that was an odd number. I believe ShelbyDude said there are about 3200-3300 dealers currently. What if 1000 KRs are allocated via lottery at the sale meeting and the remaining 2200+ dealers each get a 2008 Sheby GT allocated as the consolation prize.

The 2008 SGTs will all be Vista Blue w/White (maybe the KRs too?) The verts will be rare as there will only be 1500-1600 out of the two year run of 8200 SGTs and the Vista Blue coupes will be even rarer (at least color wise) with 600-700 built. This way every dealer at least gets something. The SGT ends up being a hot commodity for 2008 which is important to the dealers since the MY 2007 cars don't seem to be moving very quickly. Of course there is a downside to us as consumers since there will be a reason for another round of ADMs, this time on the Shelby GTs.

Out of all the dealers that attend the meeting, only 5 of them will be given allocation for a KR. The rest are suppose to be distributed by a lottery. How or what dealers will be eligible to participate in the lottery I don'r know. I don't know if it will be only certain dealers based on certain requirements or if it will be ALL dealers that get a shot of getting one through this lottery.

As for the 2200 SGT's for 08, those are going to be allocated based on share of nation only which means all the big volumn dealers will get those. The little dealers will not see any.

The 08 GT500's will be given out mostly on share of nation as well. Every dealer will get at least one. Every 06 president winner will get one extra, and all the rest are based on share of nation. So all the bigger volumn dealers will get the bulk of the GT500's, All of the SGT's, and who knows how many of the KR's.

Dealers are already offering $25K over on the KR to any dealer that gets one and wants to sell it for that.

I think all the jazz about the KR is over rated. Anyone NEEDING one will be disappointed! I think it will be luck of the draw.... let it sneak up on you and be surprised but for anyone to sit here and hold their breath is insane. We barely got the GT500's we wanted and many are still waiting. My guess is that the KR's will rarely see a customers wallet in that the dealers will buy, hold, drive, and resell used. This is a keeper car and every dealer/owner would love to have the hottest car ever built. I think it may bring more value that the Ford GT in the long haul! Just my thoughts but I am more than happy to soon own a GT500 and do not aspire for the KR.

Archived