TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rebates on 2012's??

blk12svt

I read somewhere that there were $2500 rebates being issued on new 2012's. Anyone know when this took take effect? Wondering if I should be po'd at my dealer as I didn't get any rebate but did get the car for $3570 off sticker. I bought the car 1-17-2012 but It would have been nice to have another $2500 off.

It is not a 2500 REBATE. Ford is giving dealers 2500 marketing adjustment. It is up to the dealer if they want to pass that along. Also it is illegal for any Dealer to hold back rebates now a days, used to be ok but NOT anymore.

So... and I'm new to this... If I see a new GT500 advertised at a dealer can I presume I can immediately get $2,500 off or is that down to the individual dealer and may already be reflected in his pricing ? thanks in anticipation of the replies

I think it is safer to assume you can get x-plan pricing plus $2500.00 off. It is up to the dealer. I had a deal fall through because they wouldnt move on the price at all. Luckily I found a car optioned exactly how I wanted at a price I am pleased with.

I haven't found any dealers in Canada who are anywhere near competitive with 99% of the dealers in the USA. With the dollar being nearly on par, and the import process being so easy there is no reason to buy a new GT500 in Canada. Even if you had to pay for auto shipping at an inflated price of 3k (that would be from Florida to British Columbia and even still probably too high) you are going to net a huge savings going over the border. I don't get these Canadian dealers.

The Ford dealer in Lewisville, TX, is giving $8,000 off GT 500's. I posted that last month. Too bad you didn't see it before you "dropped the hammer."

Actually, I did see your post. Thats why I was able to get my dealer to price match the one in lewisville plus get the additional $2,500 off. I got mine fully loaded well below $50k

I haven't found any dealers in Canada who are anywhere near competitive with 99% of the dealers in the USA. With the dollar being nearly on par, and the import process being so easy there is no reason to buy a new GT500 in Canada. Even if you had to pay for auto shipping at an inflated price of 3k (that would be from Florida to British Columbia and even still probably too high) you are going to net a huge savings going over the border. I don't get these Canadian dealers.

Its definately worth buying in the US if you hunt around for a good deal.

So... and I'm new to this... If I see a new GT500 advertised at a dealer can I presume I can immediately get $2,500 off or is that down to the individual dealer and may already be reflected in his pricing ? thanks in anticipation of the replies

You should absolutely get the $2500 plus at least another $4-5K on top of it, with the 2013 coming rebates will get stronger IMO

Archived