TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How come Shelby American does not list the CS6 & CS8?

David Hawkins

Very true. The CS cars are sort of forgotten. The cars are very nice, but I still don't feel the entire program was done well. Interestingly, the CS cars used to be on the site before the update. Sean Hyland Motorsports had a very similar site to the old SA site, and I think he still lists the CS cars.

Hey, thanks Steve. It's good to be here.

Guess what I found? http://www.shelbydis...sa.com/cs8.aspx .The Shelby Dist. site still lists the CS cars.

It's a shame you have to go to the bottom of the Web Site and click on "Site Map" to see a Link for that Page. Not to many people do that.

I know I will piss off some GT-H owners, but the CS6 is what started the Shelby comeback. The '05 SEMA car was the eye-candy to start the discussions between Hertz, Ford and Shelby when drawing up the GT-H. It should be listed on SA's website as the first true modern Shelby Mustang, no doubts about it.

AJ

I know I will piss off some GT-H owners, but the CS6 is what started the Shelby comeback. The '05 SEMA car was the eye-candy to start the discussions between Hertz, Ford and Shelby when drawing up the GT-H. It should be listed on SA's website as the first true modern Shelby Mustang, no doubts about it.

AJ

Couldn't agree more :beerchug:

AJ

Wow...it is nice to see a little support from our TS brethren regarding the CS6 program.

From what I understood, the CS6 was the GT-H mule car but it was cost prohibitive with all the performance upgrades so only the esthetics were kept.

If memory serves me correctly, I think Roger told me there was actually a CS6 built in Hertz colours that was at Ford World Headquarters for a while or something of that nature.

I find it very odd that a company so rooted in history and tradition has let the CS6 program slip through the cracks of their evolution considering it was the first modern Mustang of the new era they had ventured to build or modify.

With every other vehicle Shelby has ever produced the accolades ring loud and proud even long after demand has ceased with the exception of this one.

Even the on again, off again, on again, F150 Supersnake program is considered not a failure but a rare Gem amongst jewell`s.

Maybe someday the CS6 program will be recognized for what it was and regain it`s rightful place in the annals of Shelbyville.

I would love to see a small book on the CS6 program - in the same way that the GTH had, that way things like the above mention gold/black CS wouldn't remain unknown. I believe that Shelby enthusiasts would buy it regardless of whether they have a CS or even if they hold it in the same regard as the CS owners do - a low volume production run would be viewed as a collectible and therefore will sell.

Please SAI don't let the CS program fall any further into the shadows of history - you designed a beautifully balanced machine that deserves more time in the sun.

Wow...it is nice to see a little support from our TS brethren regarding the CS6 program.

From what I understood, the CS6 was the GT-H mule car but it was cost prohibitive with all the performance upgrades so only the esthetics were kept.

If memory serves me correctly, I think Roger told me there was actually a CS6 built in Hertz colours that was at Ford World Headquarters for a while or something of that nature.

I find it very odd that a company so rooted in history and tradition has let the CS6 program slip through the cracks of their evolution considering it was the first modern Mustang of the new era they had ventured to build or modify.

With every other vehicle Shelby has ever produced the accolades ring loud and proud even long after demand has ceased with the exception of this one.

Even the on again, off again, on again, F150 Supersnake program is considered not a failure but a rare Gem amongst jewell`s.

Maybe someday the CS6 program will be recognized for what it was and regain it`s rightful place in the annals of Shelbyville.

Let me go in order:

The reason why the GT-H wasn't just a color change on the CS6 is simple. We all wanted a V8 instead of the V6. Hertz also needed something that while different than anything else they rented at the time, would still be easy to service and low risk of breaking down. Also, as you said, it was cheaper to tune the V8 than to install superchargers on 500 V6 cars. We had only 3 months to finish up the first 500 GT-H cars.

To be fair with SA, the CS6 has not really slipped into oblivion. The Terlingua is in reality a CS6 "remixed". We took a CS6 and added some pepper to it...

I truly think that the CS6/Terlingua cars are offing brilliant, especially on the track. The CS8 was then re-edited as the Shelby SR/SC.

AJ

I would love to see a small book on the CS6 program - in the same way that the GTH had, that way things like the above mention gold/black CS wouldn't remain unknown. I believe that Shelby enthusiasts would buy it regardless of whether they have a CS or even if they hold it in the same regard as the CS owners do - a low volume production run would be viewed as a collectible and therefore will sell.

Please SAI don't let the CS program fall any further into the shadows of history - you designed a beautifully balanced machine that deserves more time in the sun.

I have an idea: ask SA to publish an e-book, where all owners of the actual cars can upload pictures of their cars. So it becomes an ever evolving and updated book of the CS. Heck, you could do that with all the cars. Then if you really want a printed and bound book, just ask any small printing house to "publish' one copy of the ebook just for you...

On second thought, I should trademark this idea...

AJ

I have an idea: ask SA to publish an e-book, where all owners of the actual cars can upload pictures of their cars. So it becomes an ever evolving and updated book of the CS. Heck, you could do that with all the cars. Then if you really want a printed and bound book, just ask any small printing house to "publish' one copy of the ebook just for you...

On second thought, I should trademark this idea...

AJ

If it weren't for those who think that just because they put a CS hood or grille on their otherwise stock stang who would flood the ebook with fake CS's (see the thread where we tried to get a photo registry of the cars together) it might not be a bad idea....however why should the GTH get a printed book & we have to put up with an e-book? The CS cars deserve their place in Shelby history too.

If it weren't for those who think that just because they put a CS hood or grille on their otherwise stock stang who would flood the ebook with fake CS's (see the thread where we tried to get a photo registry of the cars together) it might not be a bad idea....however why should the GTH get a printed book & we have to put up with an e-book? The CS cars deserve their place in Shelby history too.

I never said that the CS6/CS8 cars don't deserve a book. I just offered a somewhat tongue-in-cheek alternative in case SA doesn't publish a printed one. Sorry I didn't know I was sticking my private parts into a beehive with my comment.... Jeez....

AJ

Let me go in order:

The reason why the GT-H wasn't just a color change on the CS6 is simple. We all wanted a V8 instead of the V6. Hertz also needed something that while different than anything else they rented at the time, would still be easy to service and low risk of breaking down. Also, as you said, it was cheaper to tune the V8 than to install superchargers on 500 V6 cars. We had only 3 months to finish up the first 500 GT-H cars.

To be fair with SA, the CS6 has not really slipped into oblivion. The Terlingua is in reality a CS6 "remixed". We took a CS6 and added some pepper to it...

I truly think that the CS6/Terlingua cars are offing brilliant, especially on the track. The CS8 was then re-edited as the Shelby SR/SC.

AJ

AJ, Were you working for Hertz Or SAI at the time ???

This reads as though you were a direct part of the process.

I never said that the CS6/CS8 cars don't deserve a book. I just offered a somewhat tongue-in-cheek alternative in case SA doesn't publish a printed one. Sorry I didn't know I was sticking my private parts into a beehive with my comment.... Jeez....

AJ

I didn't say that you said they didn't deserve a book. I just said that they did.

Now wipe that honey off your junk....sheesh, the things people will do for cheap thrills....lol

Hey AJ. Your perspective on the CS and SGT cars is great. I was wondering if you could confirm something I was told regarding the CS6 and CS8 cars.

To my knowledge, before the SGT-H deal was even considered, SAI was going to install, build and sell the CS6 and CS8 cars as a modified Mustang. Is this correct?

Hey AJ. Your perspective on the CS and SGT cars is great. I was wondering if you could confirm something I was told regarding the CS6 and CS8 cars.

To my knowledge, before the SGT-H deal was even considered, SAI was going to install, build and sell the CS6 and CS8 cars as a modified Mustang. Is this correct?

In some on my earliest e-mails to SAI / Amy around January 06, I was certainly lead to believe this was the intent as the program was in a holding pattern for a while awaiting a decision.

I wanted to order a new 06 and have it delivered to SAI for conversion but they kept providing excuses until I was finally advised they would only sell individual component parts.

The other key piece of information is the early literature indicated the vehicle would have a dash plaque however, upon purchase no dash plaque was provided and several of the early buyers

petitioned Amy directly for our plaques until finally they decided to produce something generic to appease us.

The original ``dash plaque`` offering I believe were the style in the prototype vehicles but when the decision not to build came down the pipe they no longer had a dash plaque to offer.

It was my understanding that Ford didn`t want any direct competition from SAI and the CS6 while they were directly involved in producing vehicles for them and so it was moved from a production to a parts program.

Hopefully AJ can shed some light on the facts.

Does anyone have the original literature? It's about all I'm missing for my records so I'd welcome the opportunity to buy this from anyone who'd be willing to part with it.

The only literature I refer to is where the vehicle was listed on the web by SAI and others.

I'm sure that was just a copy of the brochure provided at Sema but I have never seen an actual hard copy of anything except what I printed on my own.

Do you have the PDF for it Randy?

I'm not sure....I have a file folder 6 inches thick from all the early correspondence and every time I found something new I printed it off...

I'll check what I have and maybe I can get some site information that survived from the downloads.

AJ, Were you working for Hertz Or SAI at the time ???

This reads as though you were a direct part of the process.

I was the director of production at SA from March 6th '06. Designed, built and ran the Mustang manufacturing line for the GT-H '06 and '07, the SGT, the beginning of the KR. So, yes, I was a direct part of the process. The CS6/CS8, the SS and the Terlingua cars were built one by one in the mod-shop, I was not heading that one up, Gary Davis was/is.

AJ

It was always just a post-title deal. In fact we sold the CS6/CS8 packs to anybody who wanted them on their Mustangs. Also the mod-shops did a few... It was never considered as a pre-title car sold through Ford dealerships like the SGT or the KR. Did I answer your question?

AJ

Archived